Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

I fail to see the logic of one of the oldest teams in the NBA trading its best young player for a 31-year-old -- who, while acknowldge is the most skilled big man in the NBA, is not the best big man in the NBA.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Our best young player is not a building block for the future. Rose, CP3, Deron, Nash, Westbrook, and Tony Parker are all All-Stars this year. Are the NBA coaches who voted for those PGs Rondo haters too? 15 of the 16 playoff teams last year had PGs that could shoot 3-pointers or make FTs. Only the Celts had a PG that its not a threat outside of 15 feet and also a poor FT shooter.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Jason Kidd is not a great 3PT shooting and his team won it all last why does it matter if he is the one hitting threes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Our best young player is not a building block for the future. Rose, CP3, Deron, Nash, Westbrook, and Tony Parker are all All-Stars this year. Are the NBA coaches who voted for those PGs Rondo haters too? 15 of the 16 playoff teams last year had PGs that could shoot 3-pointers or make FTs. Only the Celts had a PG that is not a threat outside of 15 feet and also a poor FT shooter.
    First, you do realize four of those six point guards you mentioned are in the West, right?

Second, I suspect Rondo missing nearly one-third of the season at the time the All-Star rosters were chosen might have been relevant.

Third, how many of those 15 teams had point guards with more assists and rebounds?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Jason Kidd not great 3pt shooting?  You didn't know Jason Kidd is 3rd behind Ray Allen and Reggie Miller in career 3pt field goals made?
    That's true, and when I heard it during the playoffs last year it surprised me. Then agan, he's in his 19th season and his percentage (.347) is the lowest of anyone in the top 16.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

I BELIEVE HE DID. on eei, during his weekly appearance, he said point blank it was a total joke that he would ever make such a trade, called it wishful thinking on the part of kupchak when the host repeated that kuochak had said a 25 yo all-star pass-first poiint guard would ebe perfect (rondo).. at this point, u trade bass and someone else. rr is going no where for a 31 yo.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : How can you win in the playoffs if you're playing 4 vs. 5? Do you have TV or just radio? You didn't see how Mario Chalmers was camping at the FT line or roaming the paint against Rondo and the Celts?  If Rondo won't take and make those perimeter jumpers then he's worthless because he's just a passer out there. And his poor FT shooting hurts the team because if he gets to the foul line the best case scenario is he gets 1 out of 2!
    "4 vs. 5" ... that right there tells me you might not understand the game. Shooting is most definitely a part of the game, but it's not the only part. Care to take a stab at Bob Cousy's career shooting percentage?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Our best young player is not a building block for the future. Rose, CP3, Deron, Nash, Westbrook, and Tony Parker are all All-Stars this year. Are the NBA coaches who voted for those PGs Rondo haters too? 15 of the 16 playoff teams last year had PGs that could shoot 3-pointers or make FTs. Only the Celts had a PG that is not a threat outside of 15 feet and also a poor FT shooter.
    None of those won the title last year..

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Bob Cousy was an 80% FT shooter. Does Bob Cousy have a reputation of being a bad shooter? Leave Bob Cousy open for an 18-footer and he'll make you pay.
    Being that he shot 37.5 percent for his career, and never better than .397 in a season, I highly doubt it. Yet he's a Hall of Famer with multiple rings.

But anyway ... we're not going to agree on this one, but I'm sure we both want what's best for our team. Have a good night.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

fg%          3pt%         ft%        apg             PPg
    Kid    .403         .370          .679        9.00            10.9
    RR     .475         .233          .568       11.2             10.6

After 5 seasons, these were there stats comparatively...
    I think they stack pretty well...I think it took Kidd a little longer
    to get his first Title?? I can see Rondo developing a three pt set shot...
    I also can see him in the top ten(eventually) for triple doubles in career..with only Magic and Kidd ahead of him for pt guards

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Jason Kidd not great 3pt shooting?  You didn't know Jason Kidd is 3rd behind Ray Allen and Reggie Miller in career 3pt field goals made?
    Ray and Reggie are .400 3PT while Kidd is 347 that is a large difference. This year Kidd is in the 200. Ray has never had a season as low as Kidd's average.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]        fg%          3pt%         ft%        apg             PPg Kid    .403         .370          .679        9.00            10.9 RR     .475         .233          .568       11.2             10.6 After 5 seasons, these were there stats comparatively... I think they stack pretty well...I think it took Kidd a little longer to get his first Title?? I can see Rondo developing a three pt set shot... I also can see him in the top ten(eventually) for triple doubles in career..with only Magic and Kidd ahead of him for pt guards
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    I think you are a little high on the 3PT for Kidd. In his first 5 seasons Kidd only had 1 season that he got to 370.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

i'm not making a case for trading rondo, but I don't have a lot of confidence that his shooting will improve THAT much due to his giant hands.  Those hands help him in a lot of ways, but shooting is not one of them.  Largest hands the celtics staff has ever measured and they are proportionate to a player taller than yao ming(sports science).  You don't think shaq practiced free throws.  Its tough to get a feel for the ball and nice rotation when your essentially shooting a youth size soccer ball.  However, with all that said, I do think PART of it is confidence.  When you see the defense sagging off of you that much and you know everyone in the building is thinking "your wide open shoot it" it becomes something you over think, especially since you know that's your reputation(a bad shooter)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : It's not about Kidd's percentage. The point is if you leave Kidd open he will take the shot. Rondo on the other hand will not take the open 3 unless the shot-clock is winding down. When was the last time Rondo attempted a hundred 3-pointers in a season? If you watched last year's Finals you know Mario Chalmers never intentionally left Kidd open for a 3. Against the Celtics, Chalmers was camping at the FT line, daring Rondo to shoot. Kidd might go 1-3 or 2-6 from 3pt land, but Rondo will not even go 0-2 from 3pt land. The consequences of this is the court becomes smaller, driving lanes will be clogged, and there will be no proper floor spacing.
    If Rondo put up 100 three pointers a year he would have probably 30 3PTers but I don't see how that makes the team better, you lose your best offensive rebounder on the parameter so you will give up tons of rebounds on a team that is getting killed in rebounding.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : The point is Rondo is being left wide open and he still won't shoot. There's a big difference between shooting when you're open and not shooting when you're open. Rondo is not making defenses honor his presence on offense. They're just playing off of him. You didn't see how Kobe defended  Rondo last week? The broadcast crew of TNT were saying Rondo was not being guarded at all! If Rondo's man is roaming, camping at the FT line, or playing center field then that means driving lanes are clogged and there is no proper floor spacing.
    You state an obvious truth and people here still won't accept an overwhelming fact about Rondo.  Don't they understand what five on four does on the defensive end? The next fact in these truths is that Rondo not shooting from the perimeter is more noticable because the big three have fallen of the last two years.  No longer do these players represent big mismatches and in Ray's case he no longer can play reliable defense.

The next thing Rondo die hards will say is what do I think I am doing by saying the big three have fallen off.  Which is why many great runs by team's like the Celtics have to crash and burn for everyone to get closure.