Danny says no trades are likely...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Danny says no trades are likely...

Ha, wishful thinking!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The team is fine the way it is...DWest will be back soon and JON will play in spurts...Im tired of all the arm chair GMs will hilarious trade proposals on here.  35-10 and wantto blow up the bench....I still dont get why anyone who is starting, no matter what the team is going to want to come off the bench....i scratch my head at these trade ideas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We hear the same thing every year - "We like the players we have now".  Yet, each year we make a deal.

There are deals that can make the Celtics even better and if Danny can make one, then let's do it.

I like this Celtics team but it's mostly been predicated on "....when this guy returns or when that guy gets healthy".  In spite of that idea, I believe we can get better than we are now.

I expect a trade of some kind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I wouldn't expect him to say anything other than that at this point.  But i also wouldn't be surprised is something happens with a buyout of some sort with Rip Hamilton.  The Sheed talk might have something to it as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

The team is fine just the way it is. What... 2nd best team in the league is not good enough for you? Perk is back, the bench is strong, D West is healing fast and the team's chemistry is in tact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I get Hamilton if Pierce was injured for awhile but what is this obsession with him. His game has gone south.  He is old and when are some of the BB members going to realize we need a mix of youth on this team.  We don't need Hamilton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Danny says no trades are likely...:
    [QUOTE]We hear the same thing every year - " We like the players we have now ".  Yet, each year we make a deal. There are deals that can make the Celtics even better and if Danny can make one, then let's do it. I like this Celtics team but it's mostly been predicated on " ....when this guy returns or when that guy gets healthy ".  In spite of that idea, I believe we can get better than we are now. I expect a trade of some kind.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Petey62. I guess some don't know Ainge is a good poker player. It might not be a major move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

DA isn't making any trades.   C's don't have anyone to trade.   C's are made up of players on their last legs, but they do have some use to the C's.   To trade NR, or MD would mean that he made mistakes in aquiring them and his ego won't allow that (tho MD does have some upside in certain instances).   When ABradley is no longer a C...fans can now start making bets.   Will he last the trading deadline or his rookie contract?   What will happen is if again, players are let go from their teams in time to get w/ another team and be able to play in playoffs.   Only thing DA does every year (except not good move w/ his trade w/ the Knicks last yr).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Just consider this:

Therefore, you are aware:
         Ray Allen & Garnett coming to town?
         ...that you also know Nate Robinson, Delonte, Shaq, JO, Wafer, Daniels, Harangody will be in the 2010 roster huh? 
         ...that he will take Bradley in the draft?
         ...that he will call Turkey and sign Semih for little money?

See, no one can read Ainge's mind. The bucks stop to him. So, screw the speculation that he will not trade....you never know.

We know nothing when it comes to who Ainge will bring to the table.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Why is this has to be about the Lakers now?  Can't other fans from other team come up here and post their opinion?  Why is there an assumption that the poster is a Lakers fan? 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny says no trades are likely... : You are a joke and a hater.  Check Nate's stats vs House and Walker this year.  We got by FAR the better of that deal.  Wanna talk huge egos?  How about Kupchak and Phil?  They think everyone wants to play for them, and they can trade Walton and some of koME's used jock straps for Carmelo.  And how about HIS draft picks, huh?  The immortal Derrick Caracter sits the bench behind Theo Ratliff, and Devin Ebanks can't even get mins now that Barnes is hurt.  The ONLY good player he's drafted has been Bynum, who can't stay healthy, and who is constantly rumored to be traded. Everyone else has come via Free Agency (Artest, Blake), was drafted by West (koME, Fisher), came via trade (Brown) or came via GIFT (Gasol).  And every year at the trading deadline they do nothing - don't have to, they are the lakers.....................talk about egos!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'd be surprised if the C's make any trades or even pick anybody that's put of waivers. I really like the depth this team has and with Perk now back and Delonte expected back soon things will be looking even brighter.
        If there aren't any injuries to C's bigs "knock on wood" J. O'neil will be the 3rd big off the bench when he returns. How much more depth do we need?
        The only area of some weakness off the bench is the lack of a big small forward. Marquis is a good defender, but he's not big enough to effectively guard the big 3's. Never the less, I think Danny will stick with what he has

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Just consider this: Therefore, you are aware:      Ray Allen & Garnett coming to town?      ...that you also know Nate Robinson, Delonte, Shaq, JO, Wafer, Daniels, Harangody will be in the 2010 roster huh?       ...that he will take Bradley in the draft?      ...that he will call Turkey and sign Semih for little money? See, no one can read Ainge's mind. The bucks stop to him. So, screw the speculation that he will not trade....you never know. We know nothing when it comes to who Ainge will bring to the table.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

There you go. I don't put anything past Ainge. You think "what the heck is he doing" and then you see the product on the court and then it's like "wow, I wasn't in line with what AInge was visioning. THat was pretty slick."

Who would've ever thought Sheed or Shaq would play for the C's?
    Who would've ever thought Nate or Marbury would every be a Celtic and buy into Celtics BBall.

Nothing shocks me with Ainge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

4 or 5 teams that matter.  Look at the Celts, San Anton, Bulls, Magic and Lakers (maybe Dallas and i dunno).  Compare their drafting and trading to Danny.  Go ahead and do it.  There's nothing there.  wahhh waaaah I'm a Celtics fan and I cant be happy with 4 HOFers and an All Star point guard.  Ray Ray isnt shooting 85% from beyond the arc....wahhhhh, Perkins isn't McHale in the post wahhhhhh wahhh.  Blow it up, get me JJ Reddick for Rondo

These aren't fans, these are ungrateful LOSERS.

Go root for hockey games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be surprised if the C's make any trades or even pick anybody that's put of waivers. I really like the depth this team has and with Perk now back and Delonte expected back soon things will be looking even brighter.     If there aren't any injuries to C's bigs "knock on wood" J. O'neil will be the 3rd big off the bench when he returns. How much more depth do we need?     The only area of some weakness off the bench is the lack of a big small forward. Marquis is a good defender, but he's not big enough to effectively guard the big 3's. Never the less, I think Danny will stick with what he has
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I agree unless it is a absolute no brainer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]   The only area of some weakness off the bench is the lack of a big small forward. Marquis is a good defender, but he's not big enough to effectively guard the big 3's. Never the less, I think Danny will stick with what he has
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

What big small forward would Quis be guarding?  Bench vs bench, right?  Who should we fear that will be coming off the bench?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The key is West, if he is  not ready soon, look for Danny to make a move for a vet point guard. IF West returns healthy we could make it but it would still to wise to have a older vet point just in case. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny says no trades are likely... : What big small forward would Quis be guarding?  Bench vs bench, right?  Who should we fear that will be coming off the bench?
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
       The biggest concern is during the playoffs and especially Lebron. Lebron plays major minutes and will play even more minutes in the playoffs. Pierce will need his rest and Lebron also draws a lot of fouls.

Sections
Shortcuts