Danny scares me.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Danny scares me.

The original poster has no clue as to what he's talking about.

If he EVER WATCHED a game he would see the 2nd unit lost leads and had problems scoring. They never saw Nate get in a groove and couldn't take a chance no making a move. Ainge just lost his backup SF for the year and he's got JON still up in the air.

He presented Perk with a contract and Perk balked. It's not like he just dumped Perk. If Perk was that important how does the team go 33-10 without him?? Get a clue!! Sure we all liked Perk to stay on board but Ainge is still in the process of filling the roster.

He upgraded our backup SF postion BIG TIME! He may still get a few upgraded buyouts that are MUCH better than Semih or Luke

What an ignorant thread this is?? Watch a game please!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Danny scares me.:
    [QUOTE]The original poster has no clue as to what he's talking about. If he EVER WATCHED a game he would see the 2nd unit lost leads and had problems scoring. They never saw Nate get in a groove and couldn't take a chance no making a move. Ainge just lost his backup SF for the year and he's got JON still up in the air. He presented Perk with a contract and Perk balked. It's not like he just dumped Perk. If Perk was that important how does the team go 33-10 without him?? Get a clue!! Sure we all liked Perk to stay on board but Ainge is still in the process of filling the roster. He upgraded our backup SF postion BIG TIME! He may still get a few upgraded buyouts that are MUCH better than Semih or Luke What an ignorant thread this is?? Watch a game please!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you said but you are under valuing Perkins like most here do. He was a PART of what we have accomplished.  I am not saying it was not a good trade but we don't know for sure yet, no do we?  About the players we will be adding.  I wouldn't get too excited there. We don't know who is going to be bought out. We don't know if they will come to Boston either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Look, however we all want to vlaue Perk. Yes losing your starting C is a major move. The biggest signing Ainge has done over the last year including Rondo, PP and RA is SHAQ! Signing Shaq has saved our tails this year. We wouldn't have been 33-10 with Shaq. We lost JON but we had Shaq. So to me I trust Ainge's judgment with this team.

If JON and Quis were healthy Perk would still be a Celtic. BBD may the one gone but give Jeff Green time and you're going to see by adding him and subtracting Perk is going to be better for the team now and in the long run. Perk adds toughness and rebounding but Shaq adss those qualities AND scoring.

Let Ainge finish the job and let's see what the product looks like before we kill the guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Give me a break.We were irrelevant for 22 years.DA came on board,made his move and what happened?One chanpioship,one final,contenders for another title,why are you so upset,with Danny boy?Lets wait and see the results of this trade.Go Celtics,go.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]
     People who are focus on Perk defending Howard during the playoffs, are not thinking about  Perk leaving us after this year and us getting nothing in return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Good comments, the only thing I worry about is that the period of adjustment for such a sweeping five player change of the roster at this late date in the season is risky for our having best record.

We will have to see if the guys are flexible and can remake themselves.  Odd to do it at a point in the season when you have the best record in the east.  I know DA was addressing serious problems he foresaw into the future.  But fiddling with an old unit capable of winning a championship is not without grave risks.

DA must have thought in the last few days that the Celtics could not win as constructed.  Most of us here didn't see that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. :  People who are focus on Perk defending Howard during the playoffs, are not thinking about  Perk leaving us after this year and us getting nothing in return.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

In the eatern conference imagine if the Cs had Noah, Bogut, Howard, Lopez, and a bunch of other guys.... they would be in the same boat... unless of course you realize that they would be able to deal players that are much better than Perk.

Perk is more than welcome to go and find out he is not even in the top third of centers but of course that is Perk's right........................

Perk will very quickly find out he is not worth what he thinks he is but will sign with Houston because they are crippled by Yao Ming.

Then they will find out that he is a gigantic offensive liability and his ego is vastly more than he can even comprehend especially since his IQ is that of some of the worst gas I have had recently.

Danny scares you?  Does Danny scaring you involve trading away players that most of the morons have being perennial all-stas, etc.?

Danny has had two opportunities to draft players that would make the Cs better.  INstead he chose to trade players / draft picks for players that will get them and ultimately win them #17.

Now Danny has traded away Dampier / Diop / and a bunch of other irrelevant players to get a two for one in which Dany gets the best bench player on the roster and a suitable center.

Is there is a remote possibility that really good teams become really bad teams?   Look at the Pistons......  The Cs are on their way there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from salinasfan. Show salinasfan's posts

Talking about getting outrebounded...with Perk!Come on people none of us our GM's who make these decisions...Danny Ainge bleeds Celtic Green and will always be a Celtic and I may be the only one who loves this trade.Think about all the players that were involved in the trade between Boston and Seattle.....We have all of them now!with the exception of Wally!We have Jeff chosen 5th..we have Big Baby,Delonte and of course Ray Ray Allen..I also feel Perk will end up being a Celtic again!Trust in DA he knows what's he doing...everybody just loved him after the 08 year...banner 17 loved him all up to the day of the trade now your all calling for his head!Give me a break..you will all be eating crow after banner 18!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]The original poster has no clue as to what he's talking about. If he EVER WATCHED a game he would see the 2nd unit lost leads and had problems scoring. They never saw Nate get in a groove and couldn't take a chance no making a move. Ainge just lost his backup SF for the year and he's got JON still up in the air. He presented Perk with a contract and Perk balked. It's not like he just dumped Perk. If Perk was that important how does the team go 33-10 without him?? Get a clue!! Sure we all liked Perk to stay on board but Ainge is still in the process of filling the roster. He upgraded our backup SF postion BIG TIME! He may still get a few upgraded buyouts that are MUCH better than Semih or Luke What an ignorant thread this is?? Watch a game please!!

Great. Another one of these "everybody who disagrees with my OPINIONS is an idiot" blowhards. Just what this forum needs.

And 33-10? So what? I'm talking about the playoffs. We are now going to get eaten alive in the paint on both sides of the ball by teams with size. We gave away our biggest competitve advantage to address a need that was a non issue. I still have yet to see one of you people even attempt to explain why Von Wafer wasn't a perfectly suitable option to backup Pierce. Rather than gutting our team.

We are now counting on a slow, fat, 40 year old Shaq to clog the middle and defend the other team's bigs. Asuuming he can even stay healthy. Yeah, this move was brilliant. I can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you for educating me and relieving me of my ignorance. I can't believe I questioned the great Danny Ainge. I just can't wait for Troy freaking Murphy to get here. The Celtics will be unbeatable then.

And for all this building for the future nonsense. Even if you don't mind flushing this year down the toilet, Jeff Green is a free agent at the ned of the year. So either we are renting a player. Or we are going to have to overpay him just like we would have had to overpay Perk. Word is that's why OKC moved him- because he was looking for a huge contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Great. Another one of these "everybody who disagrees with my OPINIONS is an idiot" blowhards. Just what this forum needs. And 33-10? So what? I'm talking about the playoffs. We are now going to get eaten alive in the paint on both sides of the ball by teams with size. We gave away our biggest competitve advantage to address a need that was a non issue. I still have yet to see one of you people even attempt to explain why Von Wafer wasn't a perfectly suitable option to backup Pierce. Rather than gutting our team. We are now counting on a slow, fat, 40 year old Shaq to clog the middle and defend the other team's bigs. Asuuming he can even stay healthy. Yeah, this move was brilliant. I can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you for educating me and relieving me of my ignorance. I can't believe I questioned the great Danny Ainge. I just can't wait for Troy freaking Murphy to get here. The Celtics will be unbeatable then. And for all this building for the future nonsense. Even if you don't mind flushing this year down the toilet, Jeff Green is a free agent at the ned of the year. So either we are renting a player. Or we are going to have to overpay him just like we would have had to overpay Perk. Word is that's why OKC moved him- because he was looking for a huge contract.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

"Word is" ???  from who?

The Celtics have the right to match any offer to Green.  Not so with Perk's contract.  The Celtics offered Perk a fair extension and he refused.

33-10 without Perk and 8-4 with him IS relevant.  Demonstrates that Perk doesn't make as much of a huge difference as you think.  We can win without him including in the playoffs and yes Shaq is a key.  Thats why we signed him.

If the Cetlics feel that they will meet Miami and not Orlando in the finals and San Antonio and not the Lakers in the Championship, then this trade makes even more sense.  Better for this year and helps us build for the future with Green and another 1st rounder.

This will be proclaimed as one of the ballsiest and most clever Celtics trades of all time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Great. Another one of these "everybody who disagrees with my OPINIONS is an idiot" blowhards. Just what this forum needs. And 33-10? So what? I'm talking about the playoffs. We are now going to get eaten alive in the paint on both sides of the ball by teams with size. We gave away our biggest competitve advantage to address a need that was a non issue. I still have yet to see one of you people even attempt to explain why Von Wafer wasn't a perfectly suitable option to backup Pierce. Rather than gutting our team. We are now counting on a slow, fat, 40 year old Shaq to clog the middle and defend the other team's bigs. Asuuming he can even stay healthy. Yeah, this move was brilliant. I can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you for educating me and relieving me of my ignorance. I can't believe I questioned the great Danny Ainge. I just can't wait for Troy freaking Murphy to get here. The Celtics will be unbeatable then. And for all this building for the future nonsense. Even if you don't mind flushing this year down the toilet, Jeff Green is a free agent at the ned of the year. So either we are renting a player. Or we are going to have to overpay him just like we would have had to overpay Perk. Word is that's why OKC moved him- because he was looking for a huge contract.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you shouldn't post here anymore.  Your attempts at sarcasm are lost on me.  EVERYONE disagrees with your opinion, not your right to have one.  Are you familiar with the difference between RESTRICTED and UNrestricted.  Green is a RFA, Perk is a UFA.  BIG difference. 

So to help you with your "ignorance"  (YOUR word, by the way) let's see if this works:
    Perkins, being a UFA, can sign with any team he wants in the off-season.    The Celtics offered him the most they could under the current CBA.  He turned it down, hoping for a bigger payday.  But it will be elsewhere, because the C's can't do any better.
    Green is an RFA. (and a better player)  That means he can field offers this off-season, but if the Celtics MATCH it, he goes no where.  So the only way we "rent" him is:
    1.  He completely bombs or gets hurt and we say "see you later."
    2.  Someone gives him an outrageous contract that we could never match.

Since he is not Melo or MeBron, no one will probably do #2.  Which means he is ours for the next 3-5 years.

Now, it's good to have your own opinion, but when so many people disagree, maybe it's time to re-think your position. 

And, we were 33-10 with Shaq.................JON is coming back, Krstic is here, and who knows who else!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Ainge is a JERK Maybe they need to retire him He is up there in age he isn't thinking right He has made BAD Decisions TIME FOR AINGE TO RETIRE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Perkins will continue to have knee problems. He is a great defender if you are standing next to him, but name one other thing he is good at. I bet you could name at least four things he can't do well. Plus he aint got no smarts!!! And frowns too much. With Rondo and Perk on the floor nobody needs to worry about guarding both of them. So good riddance to Perk.

Good, no, great move Danny!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Look, however we all want to vlaue Perk. Yes losing your starting C is a major move. The biggest signing Ainge has done over the last year including Rondo, PP and RA is SHAQ! Signing Shaq has saved our tails this year. We wouldn't have been 33-10 with Shaq. We lost JON but we had Shaq. So to me I trust Ainge's judgment with this team. If JON and Quis were healthy Perk would still be a Celtic. BBD may the one gone but give Jeff Green time and you're going to see by adding him and subtracting Perk is going to be better for the team now and in the long run. Perk adds toughness and rebounding but Shaq adss those qualities AND scoring. Let Ainge finish the job and let's see what the product looks like before we kill the guy.

Bias you are missing the point.  I am not against the trade.  Let me repeat that for you , I am not against the trade.  It may turn out great.  Getting the bought out people is the trick.  We WERE 33-10 with Shaq not without him. We were without Perkins.   I looked it up for you when you asked.  Your statement about If Jon and Quis were healthy then we wouldn't have traded Perk makes no sense at all.  You are saying if we had one extra big guy (JON) that we wouldn't have traded Perk?  If Jon was healthy that is all the more reason to trade Perk because you have someone plugged in.  It actually makes less since when you don't have healthy bigs guys to trade your starter  than if you have healthy big guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

I`m not necessarily thrilled w/ losing Perk, but your post is waaay over the top. Take your meds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

No one can know the result of this trade until it plays out.

The one thing that is certain, it that Danny is a gambler.

Sometimes gamblers win, and some times they lose.

Perk will be missed if we face the Lakers in the finals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]some of you people are insane.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of those people are jus realists.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bozidar118. Show bozidar118's posts

I love Perk, but think of it like this... way back in 2003 Perk was drafted #27, he was so raw, in many ways he's raw still today, fast forward to today, and that #27th pick along with a few "pieces".... Nate (EH and JR)... turns into Jeff Green, and the Clippers 2012 1st rounder.  The Clippers haven't seen a pick in the 20's in years, so Blake Griffin aside, thats pick will hold some value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]I`m not necessarily thrilled w/ losing Perk, but your post is waaay over the top. Take your meds.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Wow. You sure are a class act. Why don't you explain why my post is "over the top?" That was a rhetorical question, please don't. I guess it's a lot easier and more fun to just insult someone.

I'll try to sleep tonight knowing that you think I'm crazy and my posts are over the top. It's going to be tough because my sense of self worth is heavily reliant on what complete strangers think of me. But somehow, I think I'll manage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Maybe some of those people are jus realists.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

fakers in da house! awesome post...you guys know a lot about basketball...df is suggesting von wafer as an adequate back up to paul pierce and that would have solved the c's problems, and you support him. you might be a bigger joke than the OP. being a LAKER fan with 300 posts on a CELTICS forum, let us know what is lacking in your life and how we can help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

DF2---regarding Von Wafer as a potential back-up to PP---let's see, the guy is 6'4" 1/2 (with his shoes on), he lacks the tenacity / strength of Tony Allen or the defensive prowess / IQ of James Posey (circa 2008), he attacks the boards about as frequently as Obama (since he's already been mentioned on this post by others) attacks the deficit, and his offensive game is streaky at best. This is the guy you want to entrust backing up PP.  Pleaseeeeee!!! As other posters have already pointed out, our second unit is a major liability which has cost us games and will continue to do so in the playoffs. Getting a guy like Green will be a major boost.

"Center by committee"---Shaq, Krstic, & BB (not depending on JO) will be more than sufficient to deal with the major roadblocks we will face to another banner. Those being Miami & Chicago in the East, and Spurs & Mavs in the West.  I for one believe that Orlando is not a major threat (Howard and a cast of ????) and the Lakers (who themselves lack a bench but not a headcase--(Artest)) will not make it out of the West. Danny probably saw the same thing. We need athletic perimeter players with size. Again, Green fits the bill.

'nuff said!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : fakers in da house! awesome post...you guys know a lot about basketball...df is suggesting von wafer as an adequate back up to paul pierce and that would have solved the c's problems, and you support him. you might be a bigger joke than the OP. being a LAKER fan with 300 posts on a CELTICS forum, let us know what is lacking in your life and how we can help.  
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]

Slap that Puffdaddy around some.  He did show up in time to give us our victory tonight.  He was hoping we would lose so that he could spout off how the Lakers beat them the night before and the Celtics couldn't handle them.  I am sure he thinks his team is over the hump again. Of course everytime time they win a couple the Faker trolls and the media start talking about how they have flipped the switch.  Of course we are still waiting on them to beat a real team other than half the Celtics squad.  Puff, we are just being realists here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Danny scares me. : The  only thing that scares me here is you.  Comparing trading Perk to a meth addict is a little over the top, don't you think?  They offered the guy the max contract they could under the current system and he turned it down cold.  Danny Ainge has a responsibilty for both the long and short term health of this franchise.  True, he "gutted" the starting lineup (I would argue ORL gutted theirs more this year), but he did it for a guy who probably won't be here anyway next year.  Perk missed 43 games,  we were 33-10 in those games.  That tells me something - like Perk was the weakest link.  Is the best you can come with who will cover Dwight Howard in the playoffs?  For THAT we should not trade Perk?  Ah...SHAQ can do okay, JON can do okay, BBD can do okay - clearly he is not worried about ORL!!  As a 4 seed, ORL would play right now the Knicks (not easy) then us or MIA - goodbye.  There are four other guys out there besides D Howard...................and he has shown he cannot do it by himself! Jeff Green is a stud!  #5 pick overall in the draft - 15 and 6 guy for his career......so far.  He is the heir apparent to PP and someone to build around with Rondo.  The problem with our second unit has been keeping or expanding the lead, in other words - OFFENSE!!  This kid brings that, and with West, BBD and Wafer, Danny must feel they are capable of maintaining a lead.  And let us not forget the estimable Mr. Krstic - he is a better offensive player than Perk ever was, and he can spread the floor. Look, I loved Perk, but I don't like the idea of this whole "window" concept.  I want the window to never again be closed, and for us to compete for a long time.  It does depend on who else he adds, but the buyouts are coming.  Each day that drags teams will have to pay less to buy a guy out. Would you prefer West, Robinson  Daniels BBD Luke  Semih and Bradley or West, Wafer, Green BBD, Kristic, Murphy and Powe. This was  a brilliant move by Danny, for now and for the future. He is stockpiling draft picks and getting younger and more athletic, something we have been calling for here for two years.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

How did Danny "gut" the starting lineup?  He only removed one player, the only player that wasn't an allstar and replaced him with a hall of famer! Shaq is not what he used to be, but he's still better than Perk.  The Celtics are not only still the best defensive team without Perk, but they are the best offensive team too and that's because of Shaq.  They weren't the best offensive team with Perk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Addressed by bold and italicized, in order:
    1.  You bring it on yourself with your sarcasm and insults.
    2.  Wafer is a 2 guard, not a SF.  He has never been a defender, just a scorer.  NO ONE wanted him this year. If he was that good, how come he was out of the league for a whole year?  He is a decent player, but "we are talking about the playoffs" (your words, so you eat them).  MeBron would eat Wafer like a Neccowafer - and koME????  Hope that clears it up for you.
    3.  IF Shaq can stay healthy!!  You mean, like Perk?
    4.  Perhaps you need to read my wonderful dissertation on the difference between a RESTRICTED free agent and an UNrestricted free agent, because clearly you have not done your homework!!
    5.    OKC moved Green because he was looking for a "big" contract?  You mean, like Perk.....................see #4 above!!

Your opinion is welcome, even if it differs from everyone else.  Your approach needs work.  I mean, after all, we are just total strangers, right, so why do you care what we think anyway? Right!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Addressed by bold and italicized, in order: 1.  You bring it on yourself with your sarcasm and insults. 2.  Wafer is a 2 guard, not a SF.  He has never been a defender, just a scorer.  NO ONE wanted him this year. If he was that good, how come he was out of the league for a whole year?  He is a decent player, but "we are talking about the playoffs" (your words, so you eat them).  MeBron would eat Wafer like a Neccowafer - and koME????  Hope that clears it up for you. 3.  IF Shaq can stay healthy!!  You mean, like Perk? 4.  Perhaps you need to read my wonderful dissertation on the difference between a RESTRICTED free agent and an UNrestricted free agent, because clearly you have not done your homework!! 5.    OKC moved Green because he was looking for a "big" contract?  You mean, like Perk.....................see #4 above!! Your opinion is welcome, even if it differs from everyone else.  Your approach needs work.  I mean, after all, we are just total strangers, right, so why do you care what we think anyway? Right!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

1) If someone chooses to lower themselves to hurling insults at people then that's on them. I didn't make anyone do anything. 

2) I'm not saying Von Wafer (playing out position) is the perfect solution at backup SF. But he's obviously no worse than Daniels. That's all I'm saying. Secondly, it would have been a lot easier to win a title with a hole at the backup SF position than with a hole at the starting center position.

3) No, I don't mean like Perk. Perk is young and has been relatively healthy. Shaq is a guy who is pushing 40 and has a recent history of breaking down. 

4) No I guess I didn't "do my homework" I don't know how to say this without it sounding like a dig. But I've got better things to do than conduct research for my posts on a basketball forum. If Jeff Green is a restricted free agent, then that's news to me. But either way, he's a role player. And in order to retain him we are going to have to overpay him. 

5) The idea that everyone here disagrees with my opininon is ridiculous. Not only is that clearly not the case, the Celtics are getting ripped nationally. I may be wrong, I may be right. But my opinion is certainly not in the minority. GMs and players around the league are crapping on this deal. I haven't heard anybody in the national media defend this trade.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that I do care what a bunch of strangers think of me? If that's what you want to think, knock yourself out.

Was my post over the top? Probably. But I stand by my points. I don't understand how any Celtic fan can think this trade wasn't  a terrible idea. Or be concerned about Danny Ainge's competence. This does not make the Celtics a better TEAM this year.

But I think this has run it's course. I was angry and wanted to vent. I did that. I don't see any point in dragging this argument out any longer

Sections
Shortcuts