Danny scares me.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Danny scares me.

The way a meth addict watching my children would. Sure it might work out a few times. But eventually it's going to take a really bad turn.

I watched Danny on Celtics Pre-game the other night. I've got to give him props. After flipping off Celtics nation and trading away one of this teams biggest strengths, essentially gutting the team, he had the nerve to show his face on TV and try to explain the trade. You would never see Belichick do that. So again, at least he had the decency to try to explain himself.

I was willing to listen. Maybe there were contractual issues or chemistry problems. Or some sort of sane rational reason he chose to do this that I hadn't thought of.

Then he opened his mouth. And it was terrifying. It wasn't bravery that compelled this guy to go on TV. It was insanity. This guy is clearly nuts. He honestly believes this trade made the Celtics a better team.

Something else dawned on me while watching this interview. I just don't think this guy is smart enough to do this job. I've always suspected that, given some of his past moves, he was more lucky than good. That he wasn't that bright. This trade and susequent interview kind of solidified that theory for me in a big way. This guy is starting to make me nervous in the way that Pitinio made me nervous. He just derailed the Celtics (who, when healthy were the clear cut favorite) title chances this year. What's next?

I just don't see any way this guy can rebuild this team once the big three are gone. I predict a lot of spinning of the wheels. You know, trades just for the sake of making trades and no real direction. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The other troubling thing for me is the way the Celtics' seem to have control of the local media. They went from scratching thier heads to scolding us fans and calling us emotional all within 24 hours. Emotion has nothing to do with it. This trade was nuts! It's not like Perk was a fan favorite. I wasn't crazy about the guy. The scowling. The giant bullseye he painted on his back for the officials. But I also realized what he meant to this team and the advantage he provided us vs other big teams. Or even small teams like the Heat that had trouble dealing with the size advantage we had.

But fans can't have critical,rational thought without being dismissed by the shill media as being "emotional" What a load of condescending BS!

I remeber what it was like when Gavitt ran the team. Year after year he would pocket the money and field an awful team. Nobody ever called him out for it. Nobody. The only person that ever uttuered a peep in our defense was Bill Simmons. Not exactly local media.

Now, the Celtics make one of the worst trades ever and the media is in full spin mode. As if they are the Celtics' PR department.

I mean seriously, has this ever happened? Has anybody ever done this? In the history of sports? Had a team that was the favorite to win the title sabotaged their team midseason for absolutely no reason? Turned one their key strengths into a glaring weakness to address a problem that didn' really exist? This trade was ground breakingly stupid.

I get it. On paper this looks like a good trade. Stats wise, Green is probably a better player. But that's obviously not what this about. It's about what Perk meant to this team in terms of winning and creating matchup problems. It's not going to mean one damn thing that we have a 15 PPG backup small forward when Dwight Howard or Gasol are running amok on us. Or when Wade and James are slashing to the basket at will because there is no interior defense. Or when we are betting outrebounded by a team with no size. It's insane

If we waste another year of the Big Three's prime and don't win a title this year I will never forgive Danny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Danny scares me.

In Response to Danny scares me.:
    The way a meth addict watching my children would. Sure it might work out a few times. But eventually it's going to take a really bad turn. I watched Danny on Celtics Pre-game the other night. I've got to give him props. After flipping off Celtics nation and trading away one of this teams biggest strengths, essentially gutting the team, he had the nerve to show his face on TV and try to explain the trade. You would never see Belichick do that. So again, at least he had the decency to try to explain himself. I was willing to listen. Maybe there were contractual issues or chemistry problems. Or some sort of sane rational reason he chose to do this that I hadn't thought of. Then he opened his mouth. And it was terrifying. It wasn't bravery that compelled this guy to go on TV. It was insanity. This guy is clearly nuts. He honestly believes this trade made the Celtics a better team. Something else dawned on me while watching this interview. I just don't think this guy is smart enough to do this job. I've always suspected that, given some of his past moves, he was more lucky than good. That he wasn't that bright. This trade and susequent interview kind of solidified that theory for me in a big way. This guy is starting to make me nervous in the way that Pitinio made me nervous. He just derailed the Celtics (who, when healthy were the clear cut favorite) title chances this year. What's next? I just don't see any way this guy can rebuild this team once the big three are gone. I predict a lot of spinning of the wheels. You know, trades just for the sake of making trades and no real direction. Hopefully I'm wrong. The other troubling thing for me is the way the Celtics' seem to have control of the local media. They went from scratching thier heads to scolding us fans and calling us emotional all within 24 hours. Emotion has nothing to do with it. This trade was nuts! It's not like Perk was a fan favorite. I wasn't crazy about the guy. The scowling. The giant bullseye he painted on his back for the officials. But I also realized what he meant to this team and the advantage he provided us vs other big teams. Or even small teams like the Heat that had trouble dealing with the size advantage we had. But fans can't have critical,rational thought without being dismissed by the shill media as being "emotional" What a load of condescending BS! I remeber what it was like when Gavitt ran the team. Year after year he would pocket the money and field an awful team. Nobody ever called him out for it. Nobody. The only person that ever uttuered a peep in our defense was Bill Simmons. Not exactly local media. Now, the Celtics make one of the worst trades ever and the media is in full spin mode. As if they are the Celtics' PR department. I mean seriously, has this ever happened? Has anybody ever done this? In the history of sports? Had a team that was the favorite to win the title sabotaged their team midseason for absolutely no reason? Turned one their key strengths into a glaring weakness to address a problem that didn' really exist? This trade was ground breakingly stupid. I get it. On paper this looks like a good trade. Stats wise, Green is probably a better player. But that's obviously not what this about. It's about what Perk meant to this team in terms of winning and creating matchup problems. It's not going to mean one damn thing that we have a 15 PPG backup small forward when Dwight Howard or Gasol are running amok on us. Or when Wade and James are slashing to the basket at will because there is no interior defense. Or when we are betting outrebounded by a team with no size. It's insane If we waste another year of the Big Three's prime and don't win a title this year I will never forgive Danny.
    Posted by df2

Great post !    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

some of you people are insane.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

In Response to Re: Danny scares me.:
    In Response to Danny scares me. : Great post !    
    Posted by susan250

However, I completely disagree.  Danny has made some good trades and moves in the past.  I think this trade and the moves done in the next few days will turn out to be good for the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

I... think I agree with you...mabye. This trade was just so confusing. Bob Ryan put it best. This isn't what anybody was asking for. We needed a capable SF who could give us 15 minutes a game. Instead Ainge thought big and traded a vital part of this team for starter quality SF who will be riding the bench until KG leaves/retires. And to do this he traded the only person I can think of who can guard Dwight Howard 1 on 1. While doing this he screwed up the chemistry of arguably the best team in the NBA.

On the other hand, he did get the best player in the trade. He gave up someone who is important, but is replaceable as long as we can get Shaq healthy for the playoffs. We were just fine without him. While doing this he also got us the best backup foward of any contending team in the NBA and one who will eventually replace either Pierce or Garnett. In some ways, I think this is Ainge begginning to build for the futrure while also addressing a need on this team. We did need a back-up 3 and a scorer in the second unit. Davis wasn't exactly effective in a scoring role when Garnett went down. He will build the new Celtics around Rondo and Green when the big 3 is finally dis-assembled.

As for the media, it does seem to me like whenever there is grumbling over a move, the media tends to try to twist the perception around and scold the fans at their igonorance. It was the same way with the Moss trade.

I am so conflicted. This greatly improves one area of the team while it weakens another. Overall I will have to wait untill the end of the year to assess it because, lets face it, we need to win now. But it just seems to me like this wasn't needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : However, I completely disagree.  Danny has made some good trades and moves in the past.  I think this trade and the moves done in the next few days will turn out to be good for the team.
    Posted by dahc13

I can only hope that you are right.  I am anxiously awaiting to see how these remaining roster spots will be filled.  That is the key to our success for the remainder of the season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The way a meth addict watching my children would. Sure it might work out a few times. But eventually it's going to take a really bad turn. I watched Danny on Celtics Pre-game the other night. I've got to give him props. After flipping off Celtics nation and trading away one of this teams biggest strengths, essentially gutting the team, he had the nerve to show his face on TV and try to explain the trade. You would never see Belichick do that. So again, at least he had the decency to try to explain himself. I was willing to listen. Maybe there were contractual issues or chemistry problems. Or some sort of sane rational reason he chose to do this that I hadn't thought of. Then he opened his mouth. And it was terrifying. It wasn't bravery that compelled this guy to go on TV. It was insanity. This guy is clearly nuts. He honestly believes this trade made the Celtics a better team. Something else dawned on me while watching this interview. I just don't think this guy is smart enough to do this job. I've always suspected that, given some of his past moves, he was more lucky than good. That he wasn't that bright. This trade and susequent interview kind of solidified that theory for me in a big way. This guy is starting to make me nervous in the way that Pitinio made me nervous. He just derailed the Celtics (who, when healthy were the clear cut favorite) title chances this year. What's next? I just don't see any way this guy can rebuild this team once the big three are gone. I predict a lot of spinning of the wheels. You know, trades just for the sake of making trades and no real direction. Hopefully I'm wrong. The other troubling thing for me is the way the Celtics' seem to have control of the local media. They went from scratching thier heads to scolding us fans and calling us emotional all within 24 hours. Emotion has nothing to do with it. This trade was nuts! It's not like Perk was a fan favorite. I wasn't crazy about the guy. The scowling. The giant bullseye he painted on his back for the officials. But I also realized what he meant to this team and the advantage he provided us vs other big teams. Or even small teams like the Heat that had trouble dealing with the size advantage we had. But fans can't have critical,rational thought without being dismissed by the shill media as being "emotional" What a load of condescending BS! I remeber what it was like when Gavitt ran the team. Year after year he would pocket the money and field an awful team. Nobody ever called him out for it. Nobody. The only person that ever uttuered a peep in our defense was Bill Simmons. Not exactly local media. Now, the Celtics make one of the worst trades ever and the media is in full spin mode. As if they are the Celtics' PR department. I mean seriously, has this ever happened? Has anybody ever done this? In the history of sports? Had a team that was the favorite to win the title sabotaged their team midseason for absolutely no reason? Turned one their key strengths into a glaring weakness to address a problem that didn' really exist? This trade was ground breakingly stupid. I get it. On paper this looks like a good trade. Stats wise, Green is probably a better player. But that's obviously not what this about. It's about what Perk meant to this team in terms of winning and creating matchup problems. It's not going to mean one damn thing that we have a 15 PPG backup small forward when Dwight Howard or Gasol are running amok on us. Or when Wade and James are slashing to the basket at will because there is no interior defense. Or when we are betting outrebounded by a team with no size. It's insane If we waste another year of the Big Three's prime and don't win a title this year I will never forgive Danny.
    Posted by df2

Blah, blah.....maybe we can all wait to see how it turns out before going mental??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Scares you?

Consider this, Danny mortgaged the whole team just to get Garnett. Is that scary enough for you?

Like Obama, Danny has a team of admin to help him analyze, diagnose & project a transaction. They have to look/balance their financial operation before making a decision. It's not all of his decisions. The bottom line, WYC has to approve
    the deal before it can be executed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : I can only hope that you are right.  I am anxiously awaiting to see how these remaining roster spots will be filled.  That is the key to our success for the remainder of the season. 
    Posted by susan250

Ya me too....can't wait to know who will fill them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Che,
    Danny mortgaged the worst team in the league to get Garnett.  Arguably this time he dangerously altered the best team in basketball.

Big difference.  I hope as a Celtic fan he is a mad genius.  But this adjustment period alone scares the hell out of me. Best record is probably a pipedream.  Why?

Where are the buyouts?  With them even more adjustment is required?  We are later in the season than it seems many on this BB realize.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

The way a meth addict watching my children would. Sure it might work out a few times. But eventually it's going to take a really bad turn. I watched Danny on Celtics Pre-game the other night. I've got to give him props. After flipping off Celtics nation and trading away one of this teams biggest strengths, essentially gutting the team, he had the nerve to show his face on TV and try to explain the trade. You would never see Belichick do that. So again, at least he had the decency to try to explain himself. I was willing to listen. Maybe there were contractual issues or chemistry problems. Or some sort of sane rational reason he chose to do this that I hadn't thought of. Then he opened his mouth. And it was terrifying. It wasn't bravery that compelled this guy to go on TV. It was insanity. This guy is clearly nuts. He honestly believes this trade made the Celtics a better team. Something else dawned on me while watching this interview. I just don't think this guy is smart enough to do this job. I've always suspected that, given some of his past moves, he was more lucky than good. That he wasn't that bright. This trade and susequent interview kind of solidified that theory for me in a big way. This guy is starting to make me nervous in the way that Pitinio made me nervous. He just derailed the Celtics (who, when healthy were the clear cut favorite) title chances this year. What's next? I just don't see any way this guy can rebuild this team once the big three are gone. I predict a lot of spinning of the wheels. You know, trades just for the sake of making trades and no real direction. Hopefully I'm wrong. The other troubling thing for me is the way the Celtics' seem to have control of the local media. They went from scratching thier heads to scolding us fans and calling us emotional all within 24 hours. Emotion has nothing to do with it. This trade was nuts! It's not like Perk was a fan favorite. I wasn't crazy about the guy. The scowling. The giant bullseye he painted on his back for the officials. But I also realized what he meant to this team and the advantage he provided us vs other big teams. Or even small teams like the Heat that had trouble dealing with the size advantage we had. But fans can't have critical,rational thought without being dismissed by the shill media as being "emotional" What a load of condescending BS! I remeber what it was like when Gavitt ran the team. Year after year he would pocket the money and field an awful team. Nobody ever called him out for it. Nobody. The only person that ever uttuered a peep in our defense was Bill Simmons. Not exactly local media. Now, the Celtics make one of the worst trades ever and the media is in full spin mode. As if they are the Celtics' PR department. I mean seriously, has this ever happened? Has anybody ever done this? In the history of sports? Had a team that was the favorite to win the title sabotaged their team midseason for absolutely no reason? Turned one their key strengths into a glaring weakness to address a problem that didn' really exist? This trade was ground breakingly stupid. I get it. 
    Posted by df2

WHEN it works and we get another ring, willl you give him danny his due and cookie?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Danny scares me. : Blah, blah.....maybe we can all wait to see how it turns out before going mental??
    Posted by basketbert

I don't have to wait for the season to finish to know what a terrible idea this was. If you can explain to me what good could possibly come of this, I'm all ears. If we win the title (unlikely now) it will be in spite of the tremendously stupid move, not because of it.

As for "going mental." I'm a fan. I actually care enough about the team to spend/waste 20 minutes out of my day to vent about them. I'm sorry I get a little irritated when my team shoots itself in the foot.

Some things you don't really need to see play out to know they are a bad idea. That's what frightens me about Danny. This is like the Grady Little move in the 2004 ALCS. Every Red Sox fan on the planet knew it was a bad idea to leave Pedro in. The one person that didn't recognize that was the only person that had control of the situation. How does he not realize this was a bad idea?

Ainge's lack of foresight and good judgement scare me. He sabotaged a title contender. It's not like we are a lottery team and he can just do crazy stuff like give up the 7th pick in the draft for Sebastian Telfair. All he had to do was not screw anything up. There were no major problems with team. Common sense dictates that you leave well enogh alone unless there is a minor tweak to be made.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Danny put together a winner that is in it's 4th straight year despite the age and injuries....I understand that Perk was a tough defensive player albeit very limited...but go back to game 7 on the road...some say we lost because he was missing...he wasn't there to put a body on the Lakers and all....but think of it..without him we were cruising, leading by 13 points....what happened? ...other than some change in the officiating, our guys ran out of gas...they couldn't score in the final minutes...guess what? ....I don't think Perk would've been in the game those last 5 minutes....now we have a guy like Jeff Green who can spell Paul and give us energy, offense, and defense...I wish Perk did'nt have to go...but once he declined the offer....and then went public with his looking  forward to seeing how he would do in free agency...unless we wanted to overpay big time...he was gone...I am glad we got a 24 year old, 6'9" athletic guy than can become a swingman....another piece for now and the future...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Danny scares me. : WHEN it works and we get another ring, willl you give him danny his due and cookie?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

That's a tricky one. Look it's not like I'm rooting for Danny to stink so I can claim I was right to a bunch of strangers. I want Danny to succeed. If he does, so do the Celtics.

But I think I would have a hard time connecting the dots. If we win I will assume it was in spite of the trade- not because of it. I guess it depends on the circumstances. If we win the title and Jeff Green goes crazy and single handedly wins us a crucial game or two, then sure. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Danny put together a winner that is in it's 4th straight year despite the age and injuries....I understand that Perk was a tough defensive player albeit very limited...but go back to game 7 on the road...some say we lost because he was missing...he wasn't there to put a body on the Lakers and all....but think of it..without him we were cruising, leading by 13 points....what happened? ...other than some change in the officiating, our guys ran out of gas...they couldn't score in the final minutes...guess what? ....I don't think Perk would've been in the game those last 5 minutes....now we have a guy like Jeff Green who can spell Paul and give us energy, offense, and defense...I wish Perk did'nt have to go...but once he declined the offer....and then went public with his looking  forward to seeing how he would do in free agency...unless we wanted to overpay big time...he was gone...I am glad we got a 24 year old, 6'9" athletic guy than can become a swingman....another piece for now and the future...
    Posted by Duke4

What's wrong with Von Wafer backing up Pierce?

And as far as not being re-signing Perk: I get that he was probably not coming back next year. I would still rather keep him and have a legit shot at a title. Besides, Green is going to be a free agent next year and he is also looking for a huge contract. Is he really a guy you want to pay big money to as your SF of the future when PP retires? Green is a nice player, but he's never going to be an All-Star. Why waste money overpaying for him? 

I just don't get this trade on any level. Unless Danny is someohow planning on taking a run at Dwight Howard. Even then, it doesn't really explain throwing this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Che, Danny mortgaged the worst team in the league to get Garnett.  Arguably this time he dangerously altered the best team in basketball. Big difference.  I hope as a Celtic fan he is a mad genius.  But this adjustment period alone scares the hell out of me. Best record is probably a pipedream.  Why? Where are the buyouts?  With them even more adjustment is required?  We are later in the season than it seems many on this BB realize.
    Posted by concord27

Good  observation Concord.
    I think pretty much everyone on the boards  understands Danny's reasons for this trade.
    1. Perk refused a contract mgmt thought was reasonable and he was intent  on testing the waters as an unrestricted free agent after this season.
    2. Nothing for Perk later as opposed to something for Perk now.
    3. Addressing scoring, wing, and age problems with Green.

For me now, the question that remains is, "Will this trade make the Celtics a better team this year.  Not next year or 2 or 3 years from now, but this year.

Variables are (in no particular order):
    1.  How much team chemistry is affected.
    2. What this does to what Perk added to the team (Interior D, rebounding, and chemistry).
    3. How much Green spells PP and improves our weak *ss bench.
    4. How Danny fills the 3 open roster spots.
    5. Health of our 5 spot for the remainder of the season.
    6. Who we face in the playoffs.

Whether you like this trade or hate it, we're all blowing hot air at this point as to its value.
    As  much as we want an answer now, it's got to play out over the next 4-6 wks. before what anybody posts carries much weight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

some of you people are insane.
    Posted by kaktug

you got that right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : What's wrong with Von Wafer backing up Pierce?   And as far as not being re-signing Perk: I get that he was probably not coming back next year. I would still rather keep him and have a legit shot at a title. Besides, Green is going to be a free agent next year and he is also looking for a huge contract. Is he really a guy you want to pay big money to as your SF of the future when PP retires? Green is a nice player, but he's never going to be an All-Star. Why waste money overpaying for him?  I just don't get this trade on any level. Unless Danny is someohow planning on taking a run at Dwight Howard. Even then, it doesn't really explain throwing this year.
    Posted by df2

if you have not noticed, this team has started to slow down big time and that's due to the amount of minutes people are logging. our bench was producing nothing and actually giving away leads leading to more minutes for our starters. this team WITH perk and NO depth was probably not going to win it all. standing pat means this team was heading into the playoffs with a tired ray, paul and kg. this trade gives us depth as we got a very good young player and a center that is healthy and can shoot. we basically got two players for one as nate was giving us nothing. regardless, as has been stated before, we were 33-10 without perk, so the sky is not falling after this trade. people need to give danny a little more credit...and take a wait and see approach instead of panicking.

i won't even get into the fact that perk already stated he was going to test free agency, and we all know what that means.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Danny mortgaged the worst team in the league to get Garnett.  Arguably this time he dangerously altered the best team in basketball. - CHE

Didn't the celtics win like less than 20 games the season before the Garnett trade? If that was the case I hardly call that mortgaging the team when in fact the celtics were barely a semblance of a team.

As for the best team in bball, it's the Lakers who are back to back champs and the Spurs who have the current best record.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Posted by df2

The  only thing that scares me here is you.  Comparing trading Perk to a meth addict is a little over the top, don't you think?  They offered the guy the max contract they could under the current system and he turned it down cold.  Danny Ainge has a responsibilty for both the long and short term health of this franchise.  True, he "gutted" the starting lineup (I would argue ORL gutted theirs more this year), but he did it for a guy who probably won't be here anyway next year.  Perk missed 43 games,  we were 33-10 in those games.  That tells me something - like Perk was the weakest link.  Is the best you can come with who will cover Dwight Howard in the playoffs?  For THAT we should not trade Perk?  Ah...SHAQ can do okay, JON can do okay, BBD can do okay - clearly he is not worried about ORL!!  As a 4 seed, ORL would play right now the Knicks (not easy) then us or MIA - goodbye.  There are four other guys out there besides D Howard...................and he has shown he cannot do it by himself!
    Jeff Green is a stud!  #5 pick overall in the draft - 15 and 6 guy for his career......so far.  He is the heir apparent to PP and someone to build around with Rondo.  The problem with our second unit has been keeping or expanding the lead, in other words - OFFENSE!!  This kid brings that, and with West, BBD and Wafer, Danny must feel they are capable of maintaining a lead.  And let us not forget the estimable Mr. Krstic - he is a better offensive player than Perk ever was, and he can spread the floor.

Look, I loved Perk, but I don't like the idea of this whole "window" concept.  I want the window to never again be closed, and for us to compete for a long time.  It does depend on who else he adds, but the buyouts are coming.  Each day that drags teams will have to pay less to buy a guy out.
    Would you prefer West, Robinson  Daniels BBD Luke  Semih and Bradley or
    West, Wafer, Green BBD, Kristic, Murphy and Powe.

This was  a brilliant move by Danny, for now and for the future. He is stockpiling draft picks and getting younger and more athletic, something we have been calling for here for two years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by df2

A lot of word but nothing said.... very good.

Perk - "creating matchup problems"?  Yeah....  I can see it now - the other coach says ok, we don't need to check Perk or Rondo neither one of them could jump off a boat in 500 feet of water and get the ball wet.

I am probably one of those very few people that post here that actually watch basketball games that don't involve the Celtics.....

I cannot think of any player whose perception of his own game and his actual game vary by more...... the chasm between the two can be seen from space.  Perk thinks he is Hakeem and cannot fathom that he is Diop or Dampier.

There are two guys who have benefitted from playing with the Big 3 and neither one of them can even fathom it.  There were 5 point guards in the all-star game and Rondo was the 5th best, Perk has never even gotten a sniff at an all-star game but somehow he thinks he has never committed a foul and doesn't get a fair shake - maybe it is because he is behind both Gasols, Howard, Noah, Kaman, both Lopez, Bogut, Horford, Blatche, McGee, Bynum, etc, etc. in terms of talent.

Danny is a risk taker and has smartly decided (as most with any objective perspective) that Perk thinks he is better than he is and will continue to be surprised when his ego continues to be bigger than his paycheck.

Hey Perk learn to catch a pass, have some footwork, shoot a free throw, stop kicking the ball out of bounds, causing 3 second violations, making your team suffer from technical fouls, and allowing your ego to think that you are one of the best defenders when Howard routinely abuses you and only in Boston do people think that Perk has done a great job.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Scares you? Consider this, Danny mortgaged the whole team just to get Garnett. Is that scary enough for you? Like Obama, Danny has a team of admin to help him analyze, diagnose & project a transaction... 
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Like Obama??? Are you freakin' serious???

You couldn't have picked a better example to illustrate what a mistake (or in Obama's case "mistakes") it was trade trade away Perkins. This trade sacres people ChiChi because Danny traded the kind of chemestry the Celtics will need NOT just for the remainder of the season but more importantly for the playoffs. No one knows yet how these new players will perform deep into the playoffs - they simply don't have the experience. Danny Ainge took a big risk trading away two elements vital to any championship team: chemestry and experience.

Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Danny scares me. : Great post !    
    Posted by susan250

Give me a break.We were irrelevant for 22 years.DA came on board,made his move and what happened?One chanpioship,one final,contenders for another title,why are you so upset,with Danny boy?Lets wait and see the results of this trade.Go Celtics,go.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Danny scares me. : The  only thing that scares me here is you.  Comparing trading Perk to a meth addict is a little over the top, don't you think?  They offered the guy the max contract they could under the current system and he turned it down cold.  Danny Ainge has a responsibilty for both the long and short term health of this franchise.  True, he "gutted" the starting lineup (I would argue ORL gutted theirs more this year), but he did it for a guy who probably won't be here anyway next year.  Perk missed 43 games,  we were 33-10 in those games.  That tells me something - like Perk was the weakest link.  Is the best you can come with who will cover Dwight Howard in the playoffs?  For THAT we should not trade Perk?  Ah...SHAQ can do okay, JON can do okay, BBD can do okay - clearly he is not worried about ORL!!  As a 4 seed, ORL would play right now the Knicks (not easy) then us or MIA - goodbye.  There are four other guys out there besides D Howard...................and he has shown he cannot do it by himself! Jeff Green is a stud!  #5 pick overall in the draft - 15 and 6 guy for his career......so far.  He is the heir apparent to PP and someone to build around with Rondo.  The problem with our second unit has been keeping or expanding the lead, in other words - OFFENSE!!  This kid brings that, and with West, BBD and Wafer, Danny must feel they are capable of maintaining a lead.  And let us not forget the estimable Mr. Krstic - he is a better offensive player than Perk ever was, and he can spread the floor. Look, I loved Perk, but I don't like the idea of this whole "window" concept.  I want the window to never again be closed, and for us to compete for a long time.  It does depend on who else he adds, but the buyouts are coming.  Each day that drags teams will have to pay less to buy a guy out. Would you prefer West, Robinson  Daniels BBD Luke  Semih and Bradley or West, Wafer, Green BBD, Kristic, Murphy and Powe. This was  a brilliant move by Danny, for now and for the future. He is stockpiling draft picks and getting younger and more athletic, something we have been calling for here for two years.
    Posted by BirdandCowens

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Like Obama??? Are you freakin' serious??? You couldn't have picked a better example to illustrate what a mistake (or in Obama's case "mistakes") it was trade trade away Perkins. This trade sacres people ChiChi because Danny traded the kind of chemestry the Celtics will need NOT just for the remainder of the season but more importantly for the playoffs. No one knows yet how these new players will perform deep into the playoffs - they simply don't have the experience. Danny Ainge took a big risk trading away two elements vital to any championship team: chemestry and experience.
    Posted by EliasB

Yes, of course you're right.   Shaq and JON have NO chemistry and playoff experience between them.
    We were 33-10 without Perk.

You are like Bush!!  nook-you -lar

Sections
Shortcuts