DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........:
    [QUOTE]Big Baby will most likely sign elsewhere. Delonte will be cheap because teams know he has issues. If the price is right I think keeping Delonte is a good idea.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I hope that the Celtics don't resign Glen Davis.  He was very disappointing at the end of last season.  I also believe that resigning Delonte is a good idea.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Delonte is going to have a year free of injury one of these years. Sign him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

In Response to DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........:
    [QUOTE]  NEXT YEAR WILL BE A TRANSFORMING YEAR ANYWAY, WITH THE BIG 3 IN THE "TWILIGHT"  (DAN DUQUETTE/ROGER CLEMONS)  LET'S GET A HEAD START ON IT THIS YEAR !!!!   WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

What ship is that in your pic Bill 806?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Baby will probably be a sign and trade, which is the best for him and the Cs. Any thing can happen in the next month. Even after the start of the season you could see the movement of a lot of players because any amnesty players will be available at the beginning of the season not the tradeline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Keep  DWest cause he plays hard like a Celtoic and can shoot from outside better than Rondo/ He can help Rondo in the long run keep some pressure off from  him   In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........:
    [QUOTE]Delonte is going to have a year free of injury one of these years. Sign him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

jajuan johnson to replace big baby 
    delonte west yes
     troy murphy and sasha pavlovic !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........:
    [QUOTE]Big Baby will most likely sign elsewhere. Delonte will be cheap because teams know he has issues. If the price is right I think keeping Delonte is a good idea.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

According to Hoopshype, "The Celtics are happy with the new sign and trade provision, because that is their plan for Glen Davis."

Tells me three things:
    1.  He is DONE here
    2.  They must like JJJ
    3.  They have a  plan to make the team better

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Agree with the general sentiment on keeping West on short term one/two year deal, and shipping Baby through a sign and trade.  Wonder how that could turn out optimally.  If Ainge can get crap players on their last year and another lottery protected draft pick with an expiration date, I'd accept that.  In 2014/15 when the lottery protection expires on these trade deals, the Celts might end up with a couple of actual lottery picks.  Good things in and of themselves, or used as chips in big trade for a star.  It's not too far down the road.

i like Baby's hustle but he seems to have an agenda of his own that is growing against team needs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD needs to go in a sign and trade or show that his collapse during the playoffs last year can never happen again.

I have heard Doc does not like him and that the reason is BBD is not very bright.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Davis has delusions of grandeur.  He wants to be a centerpiece on an NBA team.  He wants to go for 20 points a night at the expense of a win.  He loves the attention.   I think he'd be happier on a team like Sacramento or Charlotte.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would do Davis for either Kris Humphries (NJ is one of the teams that likes him) or Johann Petro...........need a rebounder.

Then, if the Clips match the offer to Jordan (3 mill?), I would go after Aaron Gray - bring back Wafer, and I hate to say it, but AI might work!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

RED,
    You lost me at Al might work.  Everything else makes sense.  I hope it is the direction they are going in.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Baby had a terrible second half of the year where he got hurt, he got focused on scoring, he got tired of Doc getting on him, and he got outplayed.  But, he's a tough guy and will likely bounce back this year.  I also expect him to be in shape.  If he thinks he's a center piece of a team, sign and trade.  If he commits to Doc that he's "in the fold" on the role they want him to play - keep him if he doesn't cost too much because we're going to have to do center by committee this year!   we need a "dirty work" kind of guy.

My prediction is that he goes via sign and trade.

Delonte is NOT a head case.  He may have a disease, but he's kept it under control and stayed focused for the C's.  keep him - he's a player capable of spelling 2 positions and is a better Defensive player than Ray or Rondo.  Tough kid....I love him.

The heck with rebuilding this year.  We have flexibility to do that next year - don't start too prematurely.  I remember when we were doing it before.  I hated it and it was embarrassing....and there's no guarantee how long it will take or how successful we'll be.  So, le's win a lot of games now and rebuild next year when we have the cap space.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]   BIG BABY IS ONE SLICE OF PIZZA AWAY FROM BEING OUT OF THE NBA....  D. WEST IS RIGHT BEHIND HIM, ONE TATTOO AWAY FROM THE CIRCUS !!!  BTW,  BOTH OF THEM ARE "HEAD CASES" THE CELTS DON'T NEED.....  A NEW BROOM, SWEEPS CLEAN !!  THIS IS THE TIME WITH A NEW NBA/AGREEMENT TO GET CREATIVE....  THIS YEAR MEANS NOTHING, ACCEPT GETTING THE FANS BACK IN....  BE CREATIVE, THINK OUT OF THE BOX !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Please turn off the All Caps function.  It makes you sound like the old Oxyclean man.  :-)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rebuilding already?  No one is disagreeing man.  Of course the C's are only trying to give short term contracts only and yes, it will be very hard to get a good free agent given they want only short term contracts.  I can't remember anyone disagreeing with that point!

And yes, they are rebuilding as they go.  But, they haven't yet given up on winning.  Doc and Danny were trying to win last year while maintaining flexibility for this upcoming free agent bonanza.  I want them to try to do the same thing this year....and if it doesn't work, at least they tried while not giving up their future.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It is in our best interest this year to keep Glen and West.  They know and understand the system and have an interest in the Celts.  Before you go off think about training camp and understanding the offense and defense.  Jeff Green would be a good keeper also.  These three guys plus a big would put us in a good position early in the year and if Green develops out it would make us competative.   The Heat are going to load up and get the players most of you are thinking about.  These three with a big and the two rookies would give us a very good team with the chance to take it all, just a chance.  The big three will need to go one more time and take us to the promised land.

Sections
Shortcuts