DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........:
    [QUOTE]   BIG BABY IS ONE SLICE OF PIZZA AWAY FROM BEING OUT OF THE NBA....  D. WEST IS RIGHT BEHIND HIM, ONE TATTOO AWAY FROM THE CIRCUS !!!  BTW,  BOTH OF THEM ARE "HEAD CASES" THE CELTS DON'T NEED.....  A NEW BROOM, SWEEPS CLEAN !!  THIS IS THE TIME WITH A NEW NBA/AGREEMENT TO GET CREATIVE....  THIS YEAR MEANS NOTHING, ACCEPT GETTING THE FANS BACK IN....  BE CREATIVE, THINK OUT OF THE BOX !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/Q       Do you always scream like that? It detracts from what you are saying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I agree with your assessments of BBD and DWest, as neither can be completely written off based on their play last season.  West's problems, emotional and physical, limited his effectiveness and can both be addressed and contained.  Baby has to realize that he's creating his own image that others see, which may be different than how he sees himself.  I like the guy from his days at LSU, but really, 6'8" and no lift? Looking at the guy lots of people like, Carl Landry, you see what Baby might be if he lost 60 lbs., and I say that advisedly.  His head has to be straight, and he has to know that he's not a centerpiece type of player. If Doc has indeed lost his patience with him, then Baby has to go, even if he can alter his attitude.  The question is, not only who takes his minutes but can get the boards and play D on 4s and 5s? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........:
    I agree with your assessments of BBD and DWest, as neither can be completely written off based on their play last season.  West's problems, emotional and physical, limited his effectiveness and can both be addressed and contained.  Baby has to realize that he's creating his own image that others see, which may be different than how he sees himself.  I like the guy from his days at LSU, but really, 6'8" and no lift? Looking at the guy lots of people like, Carl Landry, you see what Baby might be if he lost 60 lbs., and I say that advisedly.  His head has to be straight, and he has to know that he's not a centerpiece type of player. If Doc has indeed lost his patience with him, then Baby has to go, even if he can alter his attitude.  The question is, not only who takes his minutes but can get the boards and play D on 4s and 5s? 
    Posted by painter

What boards?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce, Danny still wanted to win....that was clear.  But, he was trying to "have his cake and eat it too".  By that, I mean he wanted to not commit too much money to Perk, not have him walk away as a free agent getting nothing for him, but still win.  He (clearly incorrectly) thought Shaq would heal and be available to help us.  It broke my heart that he didn't try to keep Perk during the year and do a sign and trade AFTER the season.  But, I'm not going to second guess Danny on that more because I understand why he did it.  he was trying to accomplish both goals.   It didn't work, but I admire his focus on not letting the C's get caught with no future flexibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........ : What boards?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

5.4 a game....second on the team for the season average behind only Garnett.  And, he did it as a sub (6th man).

He's not the best in the world on shot selection and his attitude killed us at the end of the season/playoffs, but through the season, he's pretty good at rebounding, D, and hustle points.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The notion that Perkins was such a mistake to let go for the Celtics only has credence considering the disruption it caused and Shaq's health.  Perkins was incredibly underwhelming on the Thunder and at 35 mil how crazy were they?  Perk as has been said many times was never in the game the last six minutes and winning a championship with him without an outperforming Garnett was not possible in 2011.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........ : Easier said than done when you're 14m OVER the salary cap.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree that it will be very difficult for the Celtics to make many significant changes for next season.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Fierce, Danny still wanted to win....that was clear.  But, he was trying to "have his cake and eat it too".  By that, I mean he wanted to not commit too much money to Perk, not have him walk away as a free agent getting nothing for him, but still win.  He (clearly incorrectly) thought Shaq would heal and be available to help us.  It broke my heart that he didn't try to keep Perk during the year and do a sign and trade AFTER the season.  But, I'm not going to second guess Danny on that more because I understand why he did it.  he was trying to accomplish both goals.   It didn't work, but I admire his focus on not letting the C's get caught with no future flexibility.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I definitely agree with you about Perk being traded.  Danny thought that Shaq would be healthy and be able to contribute towards the end of the season.  Danny was gambling when he traded Perk and had a lot of upset Celtics fans at the end of last season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY, TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER, LET D. WEST & BIG BABY GO........ :
       BIG BABY IS ONE SLICE OF PIZZA AWAY FROM BEING OUT OF THE NBA....  D. WEST IS RIGHT BEHIND HIM, ONE TATTOO AWAY FROM THE CIRCUS !!!  BTW,  BOTH OF THEM ARE "HEAD CASES" THE CELTS DON'T NEED.....  A NEW BROOM, SWEEPS CLEAN !!  THIS IS THE TIME WITH A NEW NBA/AGREEMENT TO GET CREATIVE....  THIS YEAR MEANS NOTHING, ACCEPT GETTING THE FANS BACK IN....  BE CREATIVE, THINK OUT OF THE BOX !!! Posted by Bill-806[/Q       Do you always scream like that? It detracts from what you are saying.
    Posted by jrleftfoot
    AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, I GUESS YOU GOT HIS ATTENTION" !!!!!   YOUNG MAN, AFTER 359 POSTS, PLEASE DON'T WORRY ABOUT MY TONE......  IT'S NOT MY VOICE, IT'S ABOUT MY THOUGHTS AND PASSION FOR THE CELTS & RED SOX !!!Cool

Sections
Shortcuts