Danny was wrong about Perk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Danny was wrong about Perk

Perk completely dominated a team without a center last night.... ummmm I mean he was the same old stiff......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Danny was wrong about Perk

everyone underestimated what Perkins brings to a team. his defense is great, he allowed KG to be GREAT in defense..

not to mention the toughness. going into Boston is no longer scary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Danny was wrong about Perk:
    everyone underestimated what Perkins brings to a team. his defense is great, he allowed KG to be GREAT in defense.. not to mention the toughness. going into Boston is no longer scary.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Exactly..... KG was a terrible defender until he came to Boston.... how do you gain any credibility with these types of comments?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Not to defend Perk who I don't miss as a player,  we are not better off since the trade that is for sure.  The team fell off the mountain after the trade last Feb. The slide started then. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG taught Perk how to play defense.  Perk said as much when interviewed Mon.

The outcome from the trade no matter what the right reasons were and they were right was the team is worse off even today, even as it was almost immediately was after the trade.  Sometimes team chemistry makes no rational sense but in an intangible sense it does. Face it we were doomed to get worse. The trade just hastened it greatly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

KG taught Perk how to play defense.  Perk said as much when interviewed Mon. The outcome from the trade no matter what the right reasons were and they were right was the team is worse off even today, even as it was almost immediately was after the trade.  Sometimes team chemistry makes no rational sense but in an intangible sense it does. Face it we were doomed to get worse. The trade just hastened it greatly.
    Posted by concord27

I thought we were doomed to get worse when we threw Leon under the bus.

Very bad karma.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Danny was right. He seen the team couldn't score,and look how bad they are now. Perk wasn't going to help their offense,which is the main problem.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Danny Ainge really didn't learn anything at all from the 2010 finals versus the lakers. The only thing that kept us away from winning those finals was Perk's absence. Now that he's gone, too late as usual, everyone starts to realize how valuable he really was as a player for this Celtics team.

Such a shame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

THE PERK TRADE TURNED OUT TO BE A MISTAKE

BUT NOT BECAUSE OF DANNY AINGE

With no lockout, Nened Kristic would have returned to Boston and no one could have forseen Jeff Green's heart ailment (or could they ?)

THE IDEA BEHIND THE PERK TRADE WAS THAT PERKINS WAS DUE TO BE OVERPAID FOR LONGER THAN THIS CURRENT WINDOW WILL BE OPEN. GIVEN PERK'S INJURY HISTORY (CHRONIC BROKEN SHOULDER, KNEES...) , DANNY DECIDED TO PASS ON OVERPAYING AN EXTREMELY LIMITED OFFENSIVE PLAYER DURING A TIME OF TRANSITION...

SITTING HERE TODAY IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER IS A LOT EASIER THAN ACTUALLY BEING A GM IN THE NBA......THE TRADE DIDN'T WORK OUT, BUT DANNY WAS ACTING AGGRESSIVELY WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT ANY FAN OF THE CELTICS SHOULD APPLAUD.  ALL OR NOTHING. CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST.

REMEMBER "THE VISION" ?

DANNY HAS NO INTEREST IN A CELTIC TEAM GOOD FOR 35-44 WINS A SEASON.
    AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

THE PERK TRADE WAS A BOLD MOVE TO KEEP THE CELTICS WINDOW OPEN WHILE MANAGEMENT'S HANDS WERE TIED UP WITH BIG 3 SALARY. IT WAS THE BEST MOVE CONSIDERING THE LIMITED OPTIONS AVAILABLE....TODAY WE REALIZE IT DIDN'T TURN OUT , BUT IT'S NOT DANNY AINGE'S FAULT.

STUFF HAPPENS. I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS TEAM THIS SEASON AND IF THEY CAN'T PULL IT TOGETHER, THEN THERE'S NO GM IN THE LEAGUE I'D WANT MANAGING THE TRADE DEADLINE THAN DANNY AINGE...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

yes, dannychange was wrong and I think most knew it right away.  Callahan seems to be ok with the trade, and he is the only one I hear who still stands behind it. Shaq never should have been a Celtic and no way was he the answer last season.  The only way to get into basketball shape is to play, and O'Neil had been out for months. Now Danny wants to trade Paul and that will be another bad move.
    Posted by jackbu

For all you fans with Alzheimers: Danny didn't "want to" trade Perk. He made an offer that Perk refused to agree to. If Danny had waited until the season ended we would still have seen Perk walk - for more money. He's the one that didn't want to be here - well, until after he left! Please stop blaming Ainge for getting something back. It's called "good business".
    The real problem is that no legit seven-footers have been available in the draft. I am always searching for the next Celt's big man on the draft boards and there haven't been any. Danny took the first 6' 10" guy who has some skills but he is not ready to contribute anything due to no training camp - and being 220 lbs. The new salary cap left all the free agent centers out of our price range. We'll get one when we can afford to pay one and not before.
    And so now Danny "wants to trade Paul"? Is that what "receiving calls" means?
    Danny never said he wants to do any such thing. The only "bad move" I see is the fantasy being posted on this board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Danny was wrong about Perk : Come on, that's totally a lie! KG made Perk a better defender, not the other way around!
    Posted by Fiercest34

guysss..come on. you misunderstood what i was saying haha. wen i said be GREAT in defense i meant

1. meant he allowed kg to play a more aggressive, free style of defense that he cant do now bc theres no protection at the basket 
                           and 
    2. i meant while KG has gotten older and his defensive skills have diminished, Perk gave him a security blanket and hid how much kg's skills have diminished.

obviously KG didnt come to Boston a terrible defender and get taught by Perk. it doesnt even make sense to think someone would think that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"For all you fans with Alzheimers: Danny didn't "want to" trade Perk. He made an offer that Perk refused to agree to. If Danny had waited until the season ended we would still have seen Perk walk - for more money. He's the one that didn't want to be here - well, until after he left! Please stop blaming Ainge for getting something back. It's called "good business". 
    The real problem is that no legit seven-footers have been available in the draft. I am always searching for the next Celt's big man on the draft boards and there haven't been any. Danny took the first 6' 10" guy who has some skills but he is not ready to contribute anything due to no training camp - and being 220 lbs. The new salary cap left all the free agent centers out of our price range. We'll get one when we can afford to pay one and not before.
    And so now Danny "wants to trade Paul"? Is that what "receiving calls" means?
    Danny never said he wants to do any such thing. The only "bad move" I see is the fantasy being posted on this board."

Uh-oh, an infusion of facts. Reading that might cause headaches and dizziness followed by naseua and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Perkins was gone and would have left the Celtics with nothing in return. It was a prudent, if not popular move that was also depending on two centers who were expected to produce more than they could and did. Don't blame Danny for Shaq's attitude and rehab performance in the second half of the year.  They did pretty well without Perkins when he was out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

everyone underestimated what Perkins brings to a team. his defense is great, he allowed KG to be GREAT in defense.. not to mention the toughness. going into Boston is no longer scary.
    Posted by JamezHill24
                                 hey knucklehead  if you wish to have your posts read please use proper punctuatio­n many dont bother to read them  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

THE PERK TRADE TURNED OUT TO BE A MISTAKE BUT NOT BECAUSE OF DANNY AINGE With no lockout, Nened Kristic would have returned to Boston and no one could have forseen Jeff Green's heart ailment (or could they ?) THE IDEA BEHIND THE PERK TRADE WAS THAT PERKINS WAS DUE TO BE OVERPAID FOR LONGER THAN THIS CURRENT WINDOW WILL BE OPEN. GIVEN PERK'S INJURY HISTORY (CHRONIC BROKEN SHOULDER, KNEES...) , DANNY DECIDED TO PASS ON OVERPAYING AN EXTREMELY LIMITED OFFENSIVE PLAYER DURING A TIME OF TRANSITION... SITTING HERE TODAY IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER IS A LOT EASIER THAN ACTUALLY BEING A GM IN THE NBA......THE TRADE DIDN'T WORK OUT, BUT DANNY WAS ACTING AGGRESSIVELY WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT ANY FAN OF THE CELTICS SHOULD APPLAUD.  ALL OR NOTHING. CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST. REMEMBER "THE VISION" ? DANNY HAS NO INTEREST IN A CELTIC TEAM GOOD FOR 35-44 WINS A SEASON. AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU. THE PERK TRADE WAS A BOLD MOVE TO KEEP THE CELTICS WINDOW OPEN WHILE MANAGEMENT'S HANDS WERE TIED UP WITH BIG 3 SALARY. IT WAS THE BEST MOVE CONSIDERING THE LIMITED OPTIONS AVAILABLE....TODAY WE REALIZE IT DIDN'T TURN OUT , BUT IT'S NOT DANNY AINGE'S FAULT. STUFF HAPPENS. I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS TEAM THIS SEASON AND IF THEY CAN'T PULL IT TOGETHER, THEN THERE'S NO GM IN THE LEAGUE I'D WANT MANAGING THE TRADE DEADLINE THAN DANNY AINGE...
    Posted by PHX85014

WHAT? CAN YOU SPEAK A LITTLE LOUDER?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dudder - forgot to mention he was a Perkins hating troll as well. 

Perk has had a solid impact on the OKC team and our winning percentage with and without Perk speaks for themselves. Dudder please look up those percentages and figure out how to spin that. On second thought nevermind, troll. 

"For all you fans with Alzheimers: Danny didn't "want to" trade Perk. He made an offer that Perk refused to agree to. If Danny had waited until the season ended we would still have seen Perk walk - for more money. He's the one that didn't want to be here - well, until after he left! Please stop blaming Ainge for getting something back. It's called "good business". 

Nope, you're wrong. Ainge low-balled Perk. The OKC contract was fair value for Perk. Oh, and last time I checked we didn't get anything back for Perk. Well, a bag of balls maybe. A guy playing in Russia and a guy who may never play again.

The real problem is that no legit seven-footers have been available in the draft"

You just made my argument for me. That's exactly why Perk was worth paying for. 
    Do you realize how capitalism works, that scarcity drives up market prices? There's a scarcity of 7 footers, ergo, Perk's value is inflated by scarcity. Ainge should have paid up but he was obsessed with being able to sign Dwight Howard instead. Hope that works out!

With Perk, we'd still be a very solid team. Right now it's a layup line on defense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. Dudder here's some required reading on Perk for you, who is now the defensive anchor for an 11-2 team headed for a deep playoff run...perhaps you can read it in between bouts of insufferable posts here

""His influence on that team is dramatic," Rivers said. "You can see it, you can feel it. You can see it with the bigs -- they are all defensive players now. Perk has completely changed the culture of that team, you can just see it on the floor.

"There was [a missed rotation] on the floor today and [Perkins] was screaming at [Kevin] Durant, and Durant took it."

Dudder keep making your pathetic anti Perk arguments and do your best to keep your smug head in the sand while ignoring that the Celts have a horrible won loss record and the Thunder are doing just fine

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

"For all you fans with Alzheimers: Danny didn't "want to" trade Perk. He made an offer that Perk refused to agree to. If Danny had waited until the season ended we would still have seen Perk walk - for more money. He's the one that didn't want to be here - well, until after he left! Please stop blaming Ainge for getting something back. It's called "good business".  The real problem is that no legit seven-footers have been available in the draft. I am always searching for the next Celt's big man on the draft boards and there haven't been any. Danny took the first 6' 10" guy who has some skills but he is not ready to contribute anything due to no training camp - and being 220 lbs. The new salary cap left all the free agent centers out of our price range. We'll get one when we can afford to pay one and not before. And so now Danny "wants to trade Paul"? Is that what "receiving calls" means? Danny never said he wants to do any such thing. The only "bad move" I see is the fantasy being posted on this board." Uh-oh, an infusion of facts. Reading that might cause headaches and dizziness followed by naseua and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Perkins was gone and would have left the Celtics with nothing in return. It was a prudent, if not popular move that was also depending on two centers who were expected to produce more than they could and did. Don't blame Danny for Shaq's attitude and rehab performance in the second half of the year.  They did pretty well without Perkins when he was out.
    Posted by painter

Danny made a move that was great for the C's long term, but not the short term.  he sold us out for the near term.  Essentially, Danny started to "blow it up" when he made that trade.  This is not an "infusion of facts above", but rather just another opinion.  Danny did have options and he could have done a sign and trade at the end of the season.  He traded his Center when his other two centers were hurt (and had a HISTORY recently of staying hurt).  He went from a very large team to a small team and forced Doc to play "small ball".  That's the Facts, my man!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Danny was wrong about Perk :                              hey knucklehead  if you wish to have your posts read please use proper punctuatio­n many dont bother to read them  
    Posted by Lakerstroll

lol, if you dont wanna read my posts then dont read my posts, but no need to get angry! 

i understand, AFC Championship game this weekend, everyones a little antsy, including myself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

This team is 4-8....seems Danny has been wrong about of lot of players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1954ricky. Show 1954ricky's posts

As i wrote a few days ago, time for dear old Danny to gooooooooooooo!
    Signing Shaq (39 years old) and trading Perk (27 years old) tells you all you need to know.
    Last year, the future was right there, and right at that moment Danny boy makes a trade.
    Years ago when KG and Ray were available and signed ........ a decision my 10 year old could have made.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Danny was wrong about Perk:
    Perk completely dominated a team without a center last night.... ummmm I mean he was the same old stiff......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

ha ha, 7 points and 5 rebounds is dominating? ha ha ha. Perk still sucks. The only problem is the Celtics got screwed because they have no one from the deal anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts