Danny you forgot to bring in a good big

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Danny you forgot to bring in a good big

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Snake, I am not quite ready to give up on Sully. He is just trying to find his way. He is too smart a player to not have some type impact.  It may take some games but I think he will come around.

Unless we are going to call Wilcox the center we need,  then yes we could use a center as well. If KG plays the 28 minutes a game Doc wants then we have a 20 minute void there.  This iis where Doc has gone with his small ball lineup.   Not sure what center would fit us right now but even if he was really good, and say could play 30 minutes a game,  I don't think Doc would mind sliding KG to the PF for a few minutes a game.  Bottom line is we need a rebounder\defensive player inside whether its a center or a PF.

I haven't given up on him. He was so excellent in the preseason I was expeciting more.  Point being though is I don't think the Celtics can count on him this year.  That doesnt mean he cannot do it, just that there should be another guy there that can.

I like Wilcox.  I liked him last year, he is active and he can play a little.  But he is also just an averae rebunder. they need one guy on the team that goes and gets the boards.  KG could ten years ago...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Snake, I am not quite ready to give up on Sully. He is just trying to find his way. He is too smart a player to not have some type impact.  It may take some games but I think he will come around.

Unless we are going to call Wilcox the center we need,  then yes we could use a center as well. If KG plays the 28 minutes a game Doc wants then we have a 20 minute void there.  This iis where Doc has gone with his small ball lineup.   Not sure what center would fit us right now but even if he was really good, and say could play 30 minutes a game,  I don't think Doc would mind sliding KG to the PF for a few minutes a game.  Bottom line is we need a rebounder\defensive player inside whether its a center or a PF.

I haven't given up on him. He was so excellent in the preseason I was expeciting more.  Point being though is I don't think the Celtics can count on him this year.  That doesnt mean he cannot do it, just that there should be another guy there that can.

I like Wilcox.  I liked him last year, he is active and he can play a little.  But he is also just an averae rebunder. they need one guy on the team that goes and gets the boards.  KG could ten years ago...

I agree.  Who would that guy be?  Maybe then need someone like the dude in Denver. Kind of a animal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The answer to the question is in Cleveland.  Varajeo, we have to wait to January and let's hope we can entice them with Sully or someone else who fits there youthful team.  Varajeo also needs to stay healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The answer to the question is in Cleveland.  Varajeo, we have to wait to January and let's hope we can entice them with Sully or someone else who fits there youthful team.  Varajeo also needs to stay healthy.

I would like that,  would rather do without Sully if possible.  Still have high hopes for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I would like that,  would rather do without Sully if possible.  Still have high hopes for him.

Whatever it takes I like Sully to, but this team needs to think about the next couple of years. Green, Lee, and Bass are also up for discussion to get a trade like this done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

funny how when i said this over the summer i was categorically detracted from.  "KG IS A GREAT 5".  not at age 37 with a once broken spindle.  it's a dumb move.  SPOT DUTY not 30 clicks a night.

we also shouldn't have signed pierce, with SO MANY minutes on him to 15m x 4

and jeff green at 36mill over 4 is just an unnatural disaster.  this team is sunk for years

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Ainge will be forced to do something on or before the trade deadline.

The Celts can't go into the playoffs with KG and Bass as the C and PF.

2 seasons ago, it was KG and Big Baby.

There's just no way the Celts are going to get back to the Finals with KG and an undersized PF.

With all the current struggles to develop chemistry, I just don't see a major trade happening.  In the past, players coming in at trade deadline were required to fit into the system built around the current stars.  Trading for a star will mean rebuilding the system.  That will be tough.

I do think that Josh Smith or Al Horford will fit in very well with the Celts.  If Josh pulls a Dwight Howard, the Celts may be able to get him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Like I said, Josh Smith is #1 on my list.

~~~~~~~~~~~now everyone want's big banger like Josh Smith?  Looks like CHE MAKE SENSE now HUH?  I told you from the beginning - everyone are excited on Lee/Terry (fools gold duo)

but - no rebound no ring.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Like I said, Josh Smith is #1 on my list.

~~~~~~~~~~~now everyone want's big banger like Josh Smith?  Looks like CHE MAKE SENSE now HUH?  I told you from the beginning - everyone are excited on Lee/Terry (fools gold duo)

but - no rebound no ring.

Almost anyone here would want Josh Smith.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce It's not all about josh smith....it's about your assessment that celtics don't need big and lee/terry & company will create havoc in the league.....WRONG!

I keep insisting - a "legit" big who can bang and rebound right from the start -- if it's JOSH SMITH, SO BE IT! sTOP employing wings & rejects. cELTIC's has a fever for years in rebounding department.

He picked the revolving door DARKO & spent big bucks for LEE & TERRY thinking it will make a big difference..............WRONG!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it sure would be neat if we could somehow stumble into one of these swarthy 7 foot russian guys.  like the one in minnesota who took darko's job.  there's another one starting in ORL right now.  there's a few of them.  the last one we had was stinko vrankovic.  i know it's not a big man's game any more but you at least need a ham sandwich of a 5 to wipe the glass and smash around. 

the loss of steamer will loom large over this team this year- he was 3rd in the league in blocks per minute and surely needed to grow but we "replaced" that with collins.....  if darko can give us 15 solid minutes a night and grab 7 rebounds in that span maybe we'll do better but he's got nothing on offense but one shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

it sure would be neat if we could somehow stumble into one of these swarthy 7 foot russian guys.  like the one in minnesota who took darko's job.  there's another one starting in ORL right now.  there's a few of them.  the last one we had was stinko vrankovic.  i know it's not a big man's game any more but you at least need a ham sandwich of a 5 to wipe the glass and smash around. 

He's not a russian guy, he's Montenegrin!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

He's not a russian guy!

Slavic guys?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Fierce It's not all about josh smith....it's about your assessment that celtics don't need big and lee/terry & company will create havoc in the league.....WRONG!

I keep insisting - a "legit" big who can bang and rebound right from the start -- if it's JOSH SMITH, SO BE IT! sTOP employing wings & rejects. cELTIC's has a fever for years in rebounding department.

He picked the revolving door DARKO & spent big bucks for LEE & TERRY thinking it will make a big difference..............WRONG!

Smith is a legit big who can bang? I thought he was a wanna be chucker from 3pts land..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I really don't see why they let Steemer go...he was improving by the minute..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and Hollings getting minutes in Clipper Land..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

In response to Fields4's comment:

He's not a russian guy!

Slavic guys?

That's right!:) I don't want to be captious but this is a simple geographic fact and it's not so hard to check the facts before posting something.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Smith is a legit big who can bang? I thought he was a wanna be chucker from 3pts land..

Exactly. Josh Smith is fool's gold. If he was truly ALL that then he could have been a deciding factor in at least ONE of those  Atlanta/C'S playoff series in which the Celtics prevailed. But alas, he didn't. He's simply not clutch. Much like Rondo. Otherworldly numbers that put you in a position to win but not enough to put you over the top(I know 08). Amare is simply a joke(no rebounding, no defense, no staying power)...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts