Danny's Odd Fascination with the Power Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Danny's Odd Fascination with the Power Forward

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/8/15/4626484/whats-next-for-the-celtics-after-the-fab-melo-deal

Seriously, we trade our only true center for another PF...

Sullinger, Olynyk, Bass, Humphries, Greene 

Now we have a legit starting 5 of 4s

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Danny's Odd Fascination with the Power Forward

In response to R9R's comment:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/8/15/4626484/whats-next-for-the-celtics-after-the-fab-melo-deal

the article I read about the Melo trade said that Greenes' deal is non-guaranteed. so they said the trade was strickly to get the Celtics below the tax apron for this year as Melo's deal was guaranteed.

unless there is some other deal brewing before the season starts, it's looking more and more to me that the Celtics are looking at

Sullinger, Humphries and Fav at Center

Sullinger and HUmphries play down low ( never seen Fav)

Bass &  Olynyk at PF.

Bass and Olynyk play better in space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I just hope that Jared doesn't get overlooked this year. Not sure if forcing him to play Center will help or hurt his development, but I think his time should be split. 

Its going to be weird this year with only two starters on our team, Rondo & Green. The other three positions are all up in the air. Anyone could start. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

R9R,

I believe the general consensus is that it's a salary dump to get under lux tax.

Besides, it always a good move to get rid of a player who has no clue how to play the game of basketball regardless of his 7ft, IMO.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I just hope that Jared doesn't get overlooked this year. Not sure if forcing him to play Center will help or hurt his development, but I think his time should be split. 

Its going to be weird this year with only two starters on our team, Rondo & Green. The other three positions are all up in the air. Anyone could start. 

Don't think he will be overlooked but very much agree with you on playing center poss hindering his development

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Actually, Donte Greene played SF for the Kings back in 2011.

And don't worry, Greene will NOT make the team.

yeah but he's 6'11 ... he can play PF. He's like KO. Has an outside shot.

I know he's not making the team, but I swear to god if Danny gets us another PF I'm going to go insane.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

R9R.  the trade had absolutely nothing to do with the PF position. It would have been consumated if Greene was a PG with his non-guarenteed contract to dump.  Greene is not a keeper.

Also, it is HIGHY UNLIKELY that Sullinger will ever see even a minute at the Center position.  We might see Hump there occasionally because he is dispensable and not part of the team next year, so we don't care if he gets beat up.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

R9R.  the trade had absolutely nothing to do with the PF position. It would have been consumated if Greene was a PG with his non-guarenteed contract to dump.  Greene is not a keeper.

Also, it is HIGHY UNLIKELY that Sullinger will ever see even a minute at the Center position.  We might see Hump there occasionally because he is dispensable and not part of the team next year, so we don't care if he gets beat up.    

I'm hold you to that.

It was hard to tell because it was KG, but I think Sully played some C last year aside KG before he was injured. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Sully at the PF spot because thats where he belongs, but many think that he will be a PF/C and get minutes at both spots.

Again, I'm super excited to see if Green-KO-Sully can do damange offensively and hold their own on the defensive end

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I think we will see some very unique transitions (from offense to defense and vice-versa) this year since many times the players defending each Celtic will often be guarded by a different Celtic on defense. I think Sully and Olynyk will be particularly hard to defend. However, how well will they be able to defend some of the 4s and 5s that are taller and/or quicker than they are? The C's may wind up scoring more than many experts think but who, besides Green, will be comfortable taking the big shot with the game on the line?

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts