Danny's Own Thread, Finally!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Danny's Own Thread, Finally!

Danny Ainge deserves his own thread.   Posters have beat up Ray, Paul, KG, LOTS on Rondo, etc.    At what point do we evaluate the job Danny has done?  

Every year he makes 1 ir 2 good moves, but in my opinion, its coupled with about 4 or 5 bone head moves.  Since he got the Big 3, 75% of his decisions have delivered nothing to the Celtics.  Yes, he can claim success in the Bass/Baby trade or maybe Wilcos.  But, its balanced with signing JON, depending on Shaq, trading Perk mid season, bringing in Nate Robinson, Dooling, Murphy/Arroyo/Sasha, bringing Sasha back, bringing Marquis back, should I go on????  

Danny has done some good things and I thank him for Championship # 17 and the Big 3.   But, like the players catch heat in the "what have you done for me lately" world......I have to ask the same thing of Danny.

What do you think of the Job Danny has done?  How much of this debacle has to go to the leader for letting it get this way?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Danny's Own Thread, Finally!

Maybe Danny didn't have a chance at other players, who knows?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sounds like an excuse. We don't let the players make excuses, why make them for Danny?  

KG is washed up.  Paul is slow.  Ray is a waste and plays no D.  JON is...well the worst of everything.   Even the President of the United States has to take ownership of things he can't control.   So, why give Danny a pass?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I am thankful we have Danny Ainge as our general manager.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Danny's Own Thread, Finally!:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like an excuse. We don't let the players make excuses, why make them for Danny?   KG is washed up.  Paul is slow.  Ray is a waste and plays no D.  JON is...well the worst of everything.   Even the President of the United States has to take ownership of things he can't control.   So, why give Danny a pass?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

No excuse,  tell what he should have done.  I wasn't saying he has done a good job, i simply said he may not have had other options.  Did he?  What does Paul Ray and KG getting old have to do with it? Was there something he could have done with them?  I don't know, may you can tell us.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]I am thankful we have Danny Ainge as our general manager.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Of course you are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny's Own Thread, Finally! : No excuse,  tell what he should have done.  I wasn't saying he has done a good job, i simply said he may not have had other options.  Did he?  What does Paul Ray and KG getting old have to do with it? Was there something he could have done with them?  I don't know, may you can tell us.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Here's what he could have done:

- don't trade your big man away when the two OLD guys you are going to count on have been injured every year for the past few years (Shaq and JON)
    - if you are headed into a season where you know you're small, tell your only other big man (Krstic) that you love him so he won't leave
    - Once you see you don't have anyone, seek a trade for a big man, not another small guy (I love Pietrus, but we should have been fighting to get a Kaman, not a Pietrus).
    - with your first few dollars, don't get Sasha and Dooling as your early signings.

That's just a few moves.  What do you think?   Would you have predicted that JON was a waste who would be hurt a lot and that KG is too thin to play center?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny's Own Thread, Finally! : Here's what he could have done: - don't trade your big man away when the two OLD guys you are going to count on have been injured every year for the past few years (Shaq and JON)  I was against the trade myself- if you are headed into a season where you know you're small, tell your only other big man (Krstic) that you love him so he won't leave Maybe Danny did kiss his butt- Once you see you don't have anyone, seek a trade for a big man, not another small guy How do you know he didn't make that effort? (I love Pietrus, but we should have been fighting to get a Kaman, not a Pietrus). - with your first few dollars, don't get Sasha and Dooling as your early signings.Sasha I can live with, started for a 66 win team,  Dooling is horrible, was there another option for him? That's just a few moves.  What do you think?   Would you have predicted that JON was a waste who would be hurt a lot and that KG is too thin to play center? I wouldn't have thought JO to be such a bad shooter, his defense has been OK IMO. Injury prone yes. I guess i am saying I don't know what he could have done that would have helped, maybe you know more about it than me. You have some inside knowledge?

I am not trying to argue with you i just don't think either one of us know what he could or couldn't do. I can't believe he picked up Dooling unless he had no other options. Maybe the same could be said about Wilcox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Are those your inserted comments into my post?   I didn't post those things so you must have inserted some comments.

You're willing to give Danny SOOO much more of a pass than me. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

DA  has not delivered of late...

but he is here for a long time  IMO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Danny had his chance before this season started and early January. Now, he has no choice but to blow this team up because it's too late to make a run for the 3rd or 4th seed. Making the playoffs as the 8th seed would only mean facing Miami in the 1st round. Might as well go play with ping pong balls.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Didn't you feel there was still a chance that a deal could be made that would make us a contender?  I don't think you stopped believing that in Feb.  We have been awful and it looks bleak but I thought you were waiting to March 1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If any of us performed our job like DA has....we all be unemployed. His track record since bringing in the Big 3 is pretty sad. Just take a look of who was here as oppose to who is now here. There you have it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Knowing there would be no preseason or time to prepare, he let Baby and West go. They knew the system and would have been ready to go from day one. I didn't understand that. Bass and Dooling are replacements, not upgrades.

West was a solid pro. Dooling doesn't impress. Bass is a nice player but Baby brought more to the table.

Pietrus was a good pick up but unaddressed was the screaming need for a big man.
    Ben Wallace, shot as he is, would have been an improvement.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If any of us performed our job like DA has....we all be unemployed. His track record since bringing in the Big 3 is pretty sad. Just take a look of who was here as oppose to who is now here. There you have it.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It will be interesting to see who Danny will sign next season considering all of the cap space the Celtics will have.  He is the one responsible for signing KG and Ray,  and you have give him credit for making these trades.  If these trades have never happened, we would still be waiting to win another championship. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

The biggest mistake Danny ever made was trading Perk & Semih Erdan.

Other than that he has done well & we still need a Big man and a 15-18 ppg scorer off the bench.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny's Own Thread, Finally! : Until we know who we get with the pick we got from the Clips, via Thunder, there's no way to tell if it was a mistake.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Very true.

Hopefully Jeff green will recover and come back and we will have a fresh , new & younger starting lineup for 2013.

..Would have been nice had we gotten Chris Paul in exchange from Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Are those your inserted comments into my post?   I didn't post those things so you must have inserted some comments. You're willing to give Danny SOOO much more of a pass than me. 

Of course I put those comments in. Just addressing each.  I don't give Danny a pass, Doc a pass or the team a pass.   There are problems with each.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Go to Bill Simmons's article on ESPN....Danny is being called out in a extremley long article. The owners of the Cs after reading this will probably can him after the season is over.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7604660/the-danny-ainge-anniversary-party

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Read Bill Simmons today.... 

Love that Danny passed on DeAndre Jordan to pick JR Giddons. 

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7604660/the-danny-ainge-anniversary-party

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hilarious article.  Its not 100% correct and the trades he proposes are often stupid.  But, the review of the past deals are hilarious and true, especially the criticism over trading Perk, showing ignoring team unity and the fact that players knew their roles under Doc.  I'm surprised Doc hasn't cursed Danny out for continuing the give him a team with only an old broken down guy for a center and a bunch of washed up subs.   

Good move with Bass, Danny - excellent move.  But, the problem is for every excellent move, you also made 3 dumb moves (Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury, Keyon Dooling, Giddens, Lester, Sasha, Murphy, Arroyo, on and on and on).   No way to build a success story.

You better make some darn good moves this summer to redeem yourself, Danny!   Bundle those picks and a couple of players to get the number 2, 3, of 4 pick in the draft!

Sections
Shortcuts