Darko Milicic considering leaving Celtics to return to Europe 4 hours ago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Darko Milicic considering leaving Celtics to return to Europe 4 hours ago

Don't know about the color thing but some players definitely have much more leeway with Doc than others. Must play havoc with your confidence knowing that if you make a mistake you'll be pulled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Darko played well all pre-season and has not played except for one game in 11.  What gives? There must be something hidden under the surface that we don't know about. Doc just has gone cold on the guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fields4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical Doc alienating players....

Doc also seems to routinely jettison the white players... oops, is that politically incorrect?

I liked Steamer some and who was the center couple years ago, think he was foreign born.. they get a little momentum and then poof... all gone.. Krystic another one

Add Darko and thats 3 centers and a PF.. the position we're thinnest at

[/QUOTE]

I see what you're talking about and sometimes i think exactly the same way. BUT! did those guys play well enough? How are they doing right now? Erden plays in Turkey and didn't hear that he averages 20-10 in their league, Krstic plays decently for CSKA but look at Andrei Kirilenko, his former teammate, he was MVP of the Euroleague not Krstic so if you're really that good you'll show it. Stiemsma - the only stat worth to be mentioned is a blocks per game column and literally nothing else. And Darko. Well nothing to say but clearly he has personal (his mother is ill?) reasons to leave.

So if Love had been on the C's roster i'm pretty sure that he would have played.

[/QUOTE]

None of those guys were gonna be franchise players.. im not saying anyone is racist either.. just agreeing with the observation not many white guys stick around..   I think if you check league stats over the past 5 years or so, the ratio of white players to blacks has prob increased.... yet in Boston, no whites... and most that been on the team have been big players..what we're lacking the most.. 

Really, what sticks in my craw was how I saw Doc treat Krystic... the guy couldnt take a step without looking at Doc to seee if he was gonna get pulled.. He was terrified.. Also, Ive never seen Doc  meet a player on the court in full view of everyone and scold him bigtime like he did to Krystic... makes ya wonder a little

[/QUOTE]

Yes, i agree. Like baketbert said some players are allowed to do a little bit more than others and i think sometimes it's not good for a team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, I just don't get how a much less talented Hollins can have so many more mins than Darko while playing for a much deeper and talented team like the Clipps.

Darko looked so good preseason setting solid screens, moving his feet, rebounding, and even blocking shots that at one point it seemed silly that we even considered matching the Wolves offer on Steamer. Even PP was overheard telling the bench players in a practice scrimmage to use Darko more on offense because he's so smart. Plus, I know how much the Europeans respect the Celtic tradition and want to be a part of it, so WTF?!

I also don't get how Martin is still back home on the couch while Rasheed is back in the league after bailing on the C's.

Sections
Shortcuts