DA's Master Plan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DA's Master Plan?

I am starting to think DA is going to make a run at K. Love next year (via trade) or the following year, via FA!

Do you think the Cs have a shot at Banner 18 with these core players: Rondo, K. Love, and Parker, or Wiggins, or Randle? I say yes, if indeed that is the plan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: DA's Master Plan?

Thats not the plan, more of a pipe-dream. That franchise is in a better place today, its not going to gift away a top5 (yes, I said top 5) player in the league. They'll keep Love unless he walks to a reunion with Westbrook in LA. 

That would be a pretty sweet big 3 though! Rondo, Bradley, Parker, Love, Favarani

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Thats not the plan, more of a pipe-dream. That franchise is in a better place today, its not going to gift away a top5 (yes, I said top 5) player in the league. They'll keep Love unless he walks to a reunion with Westbrook in LA. 

That would be a pretty sweet big 3 though! Rondo, Bradley, Parker, Love, Favarani

You make good points R9R - BUT - DA has worked miracles in the past!

I will never forget the day the Cs got KG! Awesome day!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Except for Bradley and Favarani.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Impressive Stuff:

Kevin Love is early MVP Candidate

Kevin Love is an early MVP favorite.
    Credit: CC, Keith Allison on Flickr

The Minnesota Timberwolves took care of business at home Wednesday night with a 124-95 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Target Center. The T-Wolves are off to a hot 6-3 start on the season, and the man behind it all is none other than Kevin Love. Love has been lighting up arenas throughout the early season.

Love has shaken the injury bug and returned better than ever. He is averaging an impressive 27 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists through eight games. He’s doing whatever he wants on the court, no matter who’s on the opposite end.

On Wednesday night, Love had his way against Cleveland’s frontcourt, totaling 33 points on 10-of-16 shooting, six assists and eight rebounds. In a league of his own, he continues to build on his historic statistical season. He’s joined the company of some of the NBA’s greatest players of all time, Hakeem Olajuwon and Larry Bird, according to Mark Remme of the Timberwolves official website:

• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Love is the fourth player since 1954-55 to have 30-plus points, 15-plus rebounds, 8-plus assists in a game in which he played less than 35 minutes (he played 34:39).

• Love is one of four players in NBA history to record 30-plus points, 15-plus rebounds, eight-plus assists and 3 3-pointers in a game. The others are Vince Carter, Larry Bird and Dirk Nowitzki.

• Love is the first player in NBA history with 160 points, 80 rebounds and 30 in his first six games of the season, via Elias.

• Love is the first player in NBA history to average 27 points, 14 rebounds and five assists through six games.

• Love is the first player to have 30 points and 15 rebounds three times in his first six games since Hakeem Olajuwon in 1988-89.

Leadership, passion and drive are exactly what Love brings on and off the court. Flashback to Monday night’s loss to the Los Angeles Clippers; Love missed an easy tip-in basket which would’ve sent the game into overtime. After the loss, he sat in silence in the locker room as reporters asked him about the closing moments of the game. Love’s silence is an indication of the burning passion to win ball games for his team.

As he lets the great numbers and wins pour in, Most Valuable Player is not so much unreachable. Assuming the Timberwolves win 50 games this season, Love’s MVP stock only stands to rise. The way things are rolling for Kevin Love, the MVP chants will start to rumble from every inch of the arena.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I hope you're right, but how would we realistically get him.  Minn is not going to let him walk.  and they need wing players (as we do).  It would take something like  Green, Sully and both our 2014 picks.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I hope you're right, but how would we realistically get him.  Minn is not going to let him walk.  and they need wing players (as we do).  It would take something like  Green, Sully and both our 2014 picks.  

It will probably take more than that - BUT - this guy is worth it!

KL is a UFA in 2015! Getting a young potential All Star is key this year! KL has to be able to envision championship banners in his immediate future! If the Cs keep RR and land a Parker, Randle, or Wiggins, KL will be able to realistically see that vision, with himself on the team!

"It has to be Love"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

kevin Love is not the answer.  He is not in the top 5 list of super stars.  He can't carry a franchise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

kevin Love is not the answer.  He is not in the top 5 list of super stars.  He can't carry a franchise.

The same was said about Lebron before he went to South beach! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow.  there is no way, not even close, that I would do that trade, let alone give more for Love.  I'de give Rondo and a first round pick though.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The same was said about KG before he was traded to Boston! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wow.  there is no way, not even close, that I would do that trade, let alone give more for Love.  I'de give Rondo and a first round pick though.  

I would do that trade in a heartbeat! A 20-pt and 10-reb guy who can spread the floor! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

After getting KG, Minny's not going to surrender another franchise player to the Celts.

Fierce - if KL says he has no desire to continue playing in Minn. after the 2014 - 2015 season, then the Wolves will have to do something! 

It is a longshot, which is right up DA's alley! 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

After getting KG, Minny's not going to surrender another franchise player to the Celts.

+ 1 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fierce - if KL says he has no desire to continue playing in Minn. after the 2014 - 2015 season, then the Wolves will have to do something! 

It is a longshot, which is right up DA's alley! 

Yes, if KL has no desire to play for Minny, but right now he's happy in Minny.

Agree 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

KG and Kevin Love in the same sentence.  Pfffft please!!!!!!!  Not even close.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

KG and Kevin Love in the same sentence.  Pfffft please!!!!!!!  Not even close.

Don't deflect, you stated K. Love can't carry a franchise and I responded by making a point, using two examples. Are you saying that KG carried the Wolves franchise-BUT-K. Love isn't"? Are you saying Lebron carried the Cavs franchise? 

30-pts and 15-rebs in his first six games does not = pffft where I come from! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would do that trade in a heartbeat! A 20-pt and 10-reb guy who can spread the floor! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thats Sully next year.  Plus our first round pick will be even better that that.

Edbunker - Sully cant spread the floor - cant shoot the 3! Dont get me wrong, I like Sully, BUT, if the trade mentioed above comes along I do it!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Without Rondo, why would KL wanna come here? Plus, I would think it would take more then Rondo to entice him. Not even sure Rondo + Parker/Wiggins would do it. Rookies get no respect til they prove they can take their game to the next level. Even if they are the #1 pick overall. I haven't heard much at all, but it would seem that if he does leave, LA is in his heart. I don't see why he would stay though. Didn't Minny upset him when they refused to give him the deal he was wanting?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Without Rondo, why would KL wanna come here? Plus, I would think it would take more then Rondo to entice him. Not even sure Rondo + Parker/Wiggins would do it. Rookies get no respect til they prove they can take their game to the next level. Even if they are the #1 pick overall. I haven't heard much at all, but it would seem that if he does leave, LA is in his heart. I don't see why he would stay though. Didn't Minny upset him when they refused to give him the deal he was wanting?

Minn. upset KL by not building a winning team around him! Good point about LA, BUT, it is no longer a tax friendly destination (millionaire tax)! I am almost certain his accountants are telling him this! 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out! If DA wants him, he will pull out all of the stops! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

BCSP, when KL takes Minny to the playoffs on more than a few occasions then can talk. he has not proven he can get to the next level.  LeBron took cleveland on his back to the playoffs several times.

Sections
Shortcuts