DAVID STERN IS A COMMUNIST-TYRANT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DAVID STERN IS A COMMUNIST-TYRANT!

anyone been following this stan van gundy-stern thing? cant believe how petty this commish is. its one thing to punish a guy for going after refs, or implementing dress codes, scowling rues, suspending a perk  for his 16th tech or forcing him to play soft during the playoffs but come on... for a guy having a personal opinion about YOU, what good is it to get all tony soprano on him "you will not be hearing from stan for the rest of the year" bla bla... talked to his owners, he must have some personal problems leading him to be this way, his team is underperforming....

i'm no fan of stan's hyperimpulsive and emotional approach but i think stern went way over the LINE! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: DAVID STERN IS A TYRANT!

Tyrant = Communist

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

ITs the same way Stern demands and intimidates the refs into guaranteeing a Laker win in game 7.

I hope Stan blows a fuse and lets it all out... Maybe he'll give us a Tim Donaghey type statement and one-up Stern and beat him at his own game.

Looks to me like Stan is exhausted from coaching the Magic anyway... hes set financially and any TV station would hire him in a second as a color commentator..unless Stern pressured them not to lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Just read the comments based on your post here.  This is not a surprise and Van Gundy knew Stern would react.  Stern is an all controlling kind of guy and actually thinks he can control the NBA's image by his fines and rules and coming down hard on folks.  Remember the massive new technical rule in the beginning of the year ("respect for the game")?   That is but an example.  

Van gundy was just frustrated and sticking up for Howard.  He spoke the truth.  But when Stern said "I see a team that's not performing", that's when he REALLY overspoke, himself.   How can an impartial commissioner criticize one team as "not performing" when they are a playoff team.  Wow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: DAVID STERN IS A TYRANT!:
    Just read the comments based on your post here.  This is not a surprise and Van Gundy knew Stern would react.  Stern is an all controlling kind of guy and actually thinks he can control the NBA's image by his fines and rules and coming down hard on folks.  Remember the massive new technical rule in the beginning of the year ("respect for the game")?   That is but an example.   Van gundy was just frustrated and sticking up for Howard.  He spoke the truth.  But when Stern said "I see a team that's not performing", that's when he REALLY overspoke, himself.   How can an impartial commissioner criticize one team as "not performing" when they are a playoff team.  Wow.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Stern took off his commissioners hat and reacted to Stans comments personally.. a sign of a man drunk with power.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And Stern, after saying the Magic are a team that's not performing, is going to speak to the owners.  If I'm the owner, I tell Stern to KMA and that I have better things to do that speak to him since "my team is not performing".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

In Response to DAVID STERN IS A TYRANT!:
    anyone been following this stan van gundy-stern thing? cant believe how petty this commish is. its one thing to punish a guy for going after refs, or implementing dress codes, scowling rues, suspending a perk  for his 16th tech or forcing him to play soft during the playoffs but come on... for a guy having a personal opinion about YOU, what good is it to get all tony soprano on him "you will not be hearing from stan for the rest of the year" bla bla... talked to his owners, he must have some personal problems leading him to be this way, his team is underperforming.... i'm no fan of stan's hyperimpulsive and emotional approach but i think stern went way over the LINE! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

In Response to DAVID STERN IS A TYRANT!:
    anyone been following this stan van gundy-stern thing? cant believe how petty this commish is. its one thing to punish a guy for going after refs, or implementing dress codes, scowling rues, suspending a perk  for his 16th tech or forcing him to play soft during the playoffs but come on... for a guy having a personal opinion about YOU, what good is it to get all tony soprano on him "you will not be hearing from stan for the rest of the year" bla bla... talked to his owners, he must have some personal problems leading him to be this way, his team is underperforming.... i'm no fan of stan's hyperimpulsive and emotional approach but i think stern went way over the LINE! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

Trying to respond to Communist Contrarian's post, but I'm not having much luck:)  Pardon me for my two nothing posts.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I was especially amused to see that Stern didn't even want to speak to Van Gundy, just the "owners of the team" to make sure Van Gundy didn't misspeak in the future.  I think Stern might have even called Van Gundy's comments "aberrant behavior" or something like that.    What an arrogant little pipsqueak!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have loathed Stern for years.  I am amazed at his threatening comments, that suggest I am going to your bosses and this matter will be taken care of internally Stan.  Scary and outrageous that this bespectacled double chinned little geek seeks to throw his authority around so viciously.  He should be fired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: DAVID STERN IS A COMMUNIST-TYRANT!

what would be great from stan on stern is to say something like "i stand by every word i uttered about me, in fact his childish response just reinforces everything i said about him"... respecting the game is not the same as respecting STERN! how many shots have people taken at bud selig, do you see him trying to intimidate all in the game who do?

if fired, can you imagine stan and jeff together as a broadcast team? that would be appointment TV regardless of the score or who is playing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

shouldnt stern be retiring soon? anyways it wasn't him who turned the nba around into an awesome product. with was bird/magic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I have loathed Stern for years.  I am amazed at his threatening comments, that suggest I am going to your bosses and this matter will be taken care of internally Stan.  Scary and outrageous that this bespectacled double chinned little geek seeks to throw his authority around so viciously.  He should be fired.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with you. The ESPN article about Stan has at least 1,300 posts.  Most NBA fans really dislike Stern and most agree that Stern needs to be replaced.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Everybody says he does such a great job leading the nba to greatness, yet at the same time they claim the owners are losing money hand over fist.

Seems to me the owners like him or he'd be gone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

STERN often comes across as one of those guys who got dunked in the toilet one too many times and now is trying to get back at the bullies by becoming one himself!very unbecoming behavior for a commish!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Stern will never leave, cant blame him.. what a bonaza hes having being commissioner,,, huge salary, power & benefits galore.  Plus hes a celeb & gets celeb treatment..

All the while he gets to slap around superstar athletes and put them in their place.. lol  Cant just imagine the stories he tells at the country club...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Stern went overboard in this case. A sign of senility?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: DAVID STERN IS A COMMUNIST-TYRANT!:
    Everybody says he does such a great job leading the nba to greatness, yet at the same time they claim the owners are losing money hand over fist. Seems to me the owners like him or he'd be gone.
    Posted by cole-ely
    MOst teams make money like the celts , mavs. lakes, knicks, miami, and all those actually paying a luxury tax!its the hormets and bobcats of the world that bring those numbers down! stilll, the great majority make $. its the tricky accounting that says otherwise....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Just read the comments based on your post here.  This is not a surprise and Van Gundy knew Stern would react.  Stern is an all controlling kind of guy and actually thinks he can control the NBA's image by his fines and rules and coming down hard on folks.  Remember the massive new technical rule in the beginning of the year ("respect for the game")?   That is but an example.   Van gundy was just frustrated and sticking up for Howard.  He spoke the truth.  But when Stern said "I see a team that's not performing", that's when he REALLY overspoke, himself.   How can an impartial commissioner criticize one team as "not performing" when they are a playoff team.  Wow.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

amazing!  stern is all controlling yet has allowed the players to walk away with the bank- 20 million dollar players.  expansion and now the league owns one franchise and several others are running on fumes financially.

let's face it, the only thing stern did is ride the coat tails of magic/bird and then jordan and he's really done nothing to advance the league.  remember a few years ago when reggie miller couldn't stop talking about "parity" becuase all the teams stunk the same!!!

and now we have just the opposite- carmelo+ama'r'e', bosh-wade-lebozo, these supposed "stars" are banding together by the 1/4 dozen in order to "win" since they can't do it on their own with decently appointed teams.  now there's collusion galore on making these star duo and star trio deals in "big market" teams.  so what's left for the little expansion market shlub teams?  nothing!!

yes, stern is a real genius.  if he only paid as much attention to actually growing this league as he does to petty pi$$ing contests with anyone who dare say anything about a ref or any other league official...... well, something might have gotten done.

now all the hopes are stapled to lebron's "rising star" (LOL).  and lebron is the worst quality person most of us have seen in a long time, but he's stern's meal ticket.

Sections
Shortcuts