Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead

The bench led by West at point, Davis and Green with excellent efforts, and Krstic just thankul to be playing with a unit that was giving the effort on defense, this bunch led the Celtics to a great winn, while the starters try to regain the mojo that they have had in the past.  Rondo had a bit of an injury that put him on the bench and allowed us to win the game, but he was able to come back and lead the team to victory with great defense and super penetration with the ball, and big energy, and just the greatest player on the Celtics, his wonderful conatgeous attitude, I AM JUST GLAD THE POUTING PUPPY WAS ON THE BENCH LONG ENOUGH FOR US TO GET THE WIN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead

Ray Allen made the key plays last night. No question.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Jeff Green can shoot perimeter jumpers, hook shots, dunks, post-ups, driving to the basket, and spot up for the 3-ball. Only Rondo thinks it's a bad trade. Or does he?

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

You are right on with the combo players creating problems. 2nd and 3rd quarters durring the playoff we will exploit this froup against other 2nd units. If we played Miami in the conference finals we will wear them out. In the playoffs your straters cant carry you, you have to have a bench AKA Cleveland and Orlando the last few years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead:
    Ray Allen made the key plays last night. No question.
    Posted by OneNation

Wait you mean that guy who cant play and should be replaced by Jeff Green? Yeah that guy was pretty much his usual clutch self.

It was an amazing effort last night and it should show all the fairweather fans out there that this team is still a championship calibar team and is playing to the level of the teams. It happened last year and its tough to say at times but I doubt the Celtics really give a hoot about playing the Rockets or any sub par team.

They want to get the bench into more of a ryhthm and at times the bench stinks and other times plays incredibly well. Once Shaq gets back the rotation will work out perfectly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead:
    The bench led by West at point, Davis and Green with excellent efforts, and Krstic just thankul to be playing with a unit that was giving the effort on defense, this bunch led the Celtics to a great winn, while the starters try to regain the mojo that they have had in the past.  Rondo had a bit of an injury that put him on the bench and allowed us to win the game, but he was able to come back and lead the team to victory with great defense and super penetration with the ball, and big energy, and just the greatest player on the Celtics, his wonderful conatgeous attitude, I AM JUST GLAD THE POUTING PUPPY WAS ON THE BENCH LONG ENOUGH FOR US TO GET THE WIN.
    Posted by maryngary

Can someone remind me again how Davis is better than David West?

Also, I found it very interesting that Fred Flintstone, oh um I mean Tommy suggested that it would behoove Doc (Tommy did not say that, why add a word to your 23 word vocabulary at his age) to leave West in because he is a viable offensive option and running the team just fine but it would make Rondo drop another deuce in his diaper so Doc of course put Rondo back in.

Rondo went to Doc and said Doc my goal is wedge the ball between the rim and the backboard and the only way I can do that it is to get plenty of uncontested jumpers.  Ok Rajon get back in there and cost us the game.  Thanks Doc I won't let you down - hey they don't call me Clang for nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rondo wasn't clanking his jumpers last night Dudder. He was 4 for 4 if I recall correctly from the perimeter. His missed shots were from the inside.
         I don't know what game you were watching last night. I was watching the C's vs. Hornets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : Can someone remind me again how Davis is better than David West? Posted by TheDUDDER

dear 1 dimensional thinker,

nobody said davis is better than west. 

however, once west was done shooting his plethora of easy shots on KG that he did for much of the game.  davis came in and outscored west by about 16 to 6 down the stretch when the game was on the line.  and during our comeback.

you're just too much of a prik to admit that davis was key in the comeback.  he and ray allen hit tons of big shots to bring us back, but most of all it was davis grinding it out on the inside, perfect mixture of inside and out to get the NO defense off balance.

as for west, he really doesn't have a good mix of inside and out.  he's a lot of out, can be deadly when he's on, but really doesn't take the ball in very much unless he has about 6 steps to go sneak in a reverse layup.

which player would i rather have on my team?  davis.  because west doesn't always hit those jumpers and his game is less balanced.  and his defense is not as good as davis'.

duddler, just go with your instincts man.  jump shooting big men like west and boozer (boozer is tougher inside than west is) have never gone deep in the playoffs.  but you go with those stats that make you feel good and lead you determine davis is an inferior chump.  just go with it.  let us know how far west gets in the playoffs.

and then compare the paycheck stubs of west and davis, even after davis' new contract.  but DO NOT excercise any amount of critical thinking regarding team play, team defense, hustle, complete all around game, just go with the stats.  they will lead you to glory every time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Davis, Green, and West bring instant energy into the game when they come off the bench. They change the rhythm of the play. I am just saying, and not pointing any fingers, but some of the older guys are looking pretty flat footed out there over the pst couple of weeks. 

My take is the older players need some more rest. So, play Davis, Green and West 30+ minutes a night next two weeks.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : Can someone remind me again how Davis is better than David West? Also, I found it very interesting that Fred Flintstone, oh um I mean Tommy suggested that it would behoove Doc (Tommy did not say that, why add a word to your 23 word vocabulary at his age) to leave West in because he is a viable offensive option and running the team just fine but it would make Rondo drop another deuce in his diaper so Doc of course put Rondo back in. Rondo went to Doc and said Doc my goal is wedge the ball between the rim and the backboard and the only way I can do that it is to get plenty of uncontested jumpers.  Ok Rajon get back in there and cost us the game.  Thanks Doc I won't let you down - hey they don't call me Clang for nothing.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dear Mr. Negativity:

I do think Davis is better than West for this team.  Davis is not the shooter that West is, but he's a better defender and rebounder.  Davis gets 12 points and 5.6 rebounds in about 28 minutes.  West gets 19 points and 7.5 rebounds in 35 minutes.  Davis's rebounding average is better.  And, he leads the lead in charges taken as well as plays D on centers (something West can NEVER do).  I take BBD over David West.  In fact, if David West were playing behind KG and getting 28 minutes, he would NEVER bring energy to the subs and wouldn't get nearly 6 rebounds as a sub.

Tommy (Fred Flintstone), Rondo, BBD, Doc, and others....who is it that you DON'T bash in your posts?  Criticism is fair.  I'd just love to see a post of yours focused solely on praising someone.....just once....a post where you made all positive comments about something a player and coach are doing well on this team!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : Can someone remind me again how Davis is better than David West? Also, I found it very interesting that Fred Flintstone, oh um I mean Tommy suggested that it would behoove Doc (Tommy did not say that, why add a word to your 23 word vocabulary at his age) to leave West in because he is a viable offensive option and running the team just fine but it would make Rondo drop another deuce in his diaper so Doc of course put Rondo back in. Rondo went to Doc and said Doc my goal is wedge the ball between the rim and the backboard and the only way I can do that it is to get plenty of uncontested jumpers.  Ok Rajon get back in there and cost us the game.  Thanks Doc I won't let you down - hey they don't call me Clang for nothing.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dudder is upset bc the Celtics dont have the best player at every position, he thinks it should be easy to have the best pg, sg, sf, pf, and C in the nba, all on the Celtics. man i wish he was our GM. 

and your right Dudder, Rondo was REALLY clangin those jumpers last night!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : dear 1 dimensional thinker, nobody said davis is better than west.  however, once west was done shooting his plethora of easy shots on KG that he did for much of the game.  davis came in and outscored west by about 16 to 6 down the stretch when the game was on the line.  and during our comeback. you're just too much of a prik to admit that davis was key in the comeback.  he and ray allen hit tons of big shots to bring us back, but most of all it was davis grinding it out on the inside, perfect mixture of inside and out to get the NO defense off balance. as for west, he really doesn't have a good mix of inside and out.  he's a lot of out, can be deadly when he's on, but really doesn't take the ball in very much unless he has about 6 steps to go sneak in a reverse layup. which player would i rather have on my team?  davis.  because west doesn't always hit those jumpers and his game is less balanced.  and his defense is not as good as davis'. duddler, just go with your instincts man.  jump shooting big men like west and boozer (boozer is tougher inside than west is) have never gone deep in the playoffs.  but you go with those stats that make you feel good and lead you determine davis is an inferior chump.  just go with it.  let us know how far west gets in the playoffs. and then compare the paycheck stubs of west and davis, even after davis' new contract.  but DO NOT excercise any amount of critical thinking regarding team play, team defense, hustle, complete all around game, just go with the stats.  they will lead you to glory every time.
    Posted by aciemvp

simple retort that you probably cannot quite wrap your head around......

jump shooters like KG and Karl Malone.....

and yes there was a whole thread yesterday where any number of people suggested that Davis was better than West....  no objective fan on the planet would take Davis over West but I am glad at least that you have exposed yourself as other worldly.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : Dear Mr. Negativity: I do think Davis is better than West for this team.  Davis is not the shooter that West is, but he's a better defender and rebounder.  Davis gets 12 points and 5.6 rebounds in about 28 minutes.  West gets 19 points and 7.5 rebounds in 35 minutes.  Davis's rebounding average is better.  And, he leads the lead in charges taken as well as plays D on centers (something West can NEVER do).  I take BBD over David West.  In fact, if David West were playing behind KG and getting 28 minutes, he would NEVER bring energy to the subs and wouldn't get nearly 6 rebounds as a sub. Tommy (Fred Flintstone), Rondo, BBD, Doc, and others....who is it that you DON'T bash in your posts?  Criticism is fair.  I'd just love to see a post of yours focused solely on praising someone.....just once....a post where you made all positive comments about something a player and coach are doing well on this team!!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

So a starter who plays against starters does not quite equal a back up?  Ok, I misunderstood.

I have said any number of times that when they are healthy they are the best and deepest and most telented team in the league on any number of occastions.  Additionally, I predicted they would win 55 games - that seems reasonable at this point.

The three best players on the team have done their absolute best to carry the team to the point where they are now.  They are now tired and have played too many minutes because they traded away lots of the bench and are trying to integrate a benc

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : So a starter who plays against starters does not quite equal a back up?  Ok, I misunderstood. I have said any number of times that when they are healthy they are the best and deepest and most telented team in the league on any number of occastions.  Additionally, I predicted they would win 55 games - that seems reasonable at this point. The three best players on the team have done their absolute best to carry the team to the point where they are now.  They are now tired and have played too many minutes because they traded away lots of the bench and are trying to integrate a benc
    Posted by TheDUDDER

sorry hit add your reply by mistake....

the Cs traded a bunch of bench players and added a bunch of bench players and have had to balance a coach saying that he wants to manage minutes but also win... so far he has done a bad job of it.

The positive to say about the team this year is that Doc continues to have 3 great hall of fame players that carry the team and by adding Shaq they were able to muscle their way to the best defense in the league and the 2nd best record in the league.

Then when the injuries hit as they invariably will with their age and they then traded much of the bench and have had a ton of injuries they have had several losses that most of us would have like to have seen as victories.

The other positive is that with the point guard with his thumb in his mouth and drool on his blanky that he has had for 20 years that they have positioned themselves with a couple of guys that can run the team until he takes his thumb out of his mouth.

Another positive is that they traded away Dampier for Dampier and added Jeff Green.

Another positive is that they have stayed around the number 1 seed.

They need to either earn the number 1 seed or get the 2nd or 3rd seed and hope that Miami falls to 4th.

I am the only objective poster on the board, I think when I predicted 55 wins most had 82 and 0.

What else do you want me to say?  Most people blame Danny for not getting anythint in the draft but cannot comprehend that there are essentially no good players available when Danny drafts.

Most people / posters cannot imagine how Rondo is not considered an MVP candidate when nobody guards him.

Most people / posters cannot imagine that the Cs can contend when they traded a back up center for a back up center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Speaking of clang, I see Dudder is clanging up some more threads here. Best to ignore him, he has yet to demonstrate he is a fan of the team. No one gets angrier after a Celtics win that Dud. If Rondo makes a couple of shots that puts him over the edge. I'm still not sold on the trade - for this year at least - but I like what I see from the new guys. I really hope Delonte can stay healthy from here on out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Davis, West, Green, Krstic - Lead : Dudder is upset bc the Celtics dont have the best player at every position, he thinks it should be easy to have the best pg, sg, sf, pf, and C in the nba, all on the Celtics. man i wish he was our GM.  and your right Dudder, Rondo was REALLY clangin those jumpers last night!
    Posted by JamezHill24

You could never have an NBA team with the best starters in the league on one team because of the salary cap.  Unless they were all willing to sign with the team for less money so they could have a chance of winning a championship.  This would never happen. 

Sections
Shortcuts