Day of the alligator - RR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Day of the alligator - RR

RR w/ all his good play in gm three almost blew it.   Sometimes triple-doubles aren't what they're out to be.   Maybe he gets so many assists cause nobody else on the Cs can pass the ball.
       The Cs have an 11pt lead midway in the 4th.   If Petrius can make is open 3 in the R corner, maybe Hawks can't come back.   He doesn't and we Cs fans don't have much confidence w/ the Cs scoring more than 86pts (like a wall).   That's when it started getting interesting w/ our RR.
       First an air ball in the paint w/ more than 18 secs on the 24sec clock.   Next, an open lay-up and he loses his footing while rising.   Sometimes RR gets too cute.   He probably was thinking of what fancy lay-up he could perform.   I always say that players need to go to the Reggie Lewis school of lay-ups... DUNK THE BALL!   RR has hops and large hands.   Hold the ball w/ 2 hands and go up hard if you think you may get blocked.   It was a breakaway layup!   Another miss, another chance for the Hawks to come back... which they did.   Fast forward towards the end of OT.   Nice fake-n-up move by RR.   BUT HE MISSES THE LAY-UP!   Good thing that KG followed up the miss w/ his dunk.   But, that wasn't a natural play for the Cs cause KG nor any other C normally goes to the offensive glass.   Whew!   In other words:   RR had alligator arms in that 4th Q.   Because of that the Cs were lucky to win.   Or at least it made the end of the game more difficult than it had to be.   I'm a believer that if a big lead is blown, then blame the pg.   This game it woulda been obvious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Day of the alligator - RR

7 for 22 from the field with his longest made shot.... 3 feet.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: Day of the alligator - RR:
    7 for 22 from the field with his longest made shot.... 3 feet. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Oh look ... we won again.   If it wasn't for Rondo we would have won by more!  Note to self... trade Rondo immediatey ...    So goes the logic of a Rondo hater.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

hmmmm.... wasn't Rondo tied for the game lead in rebounds...?  I'll admit that this triple double wasn't a thing of beauty (nor was the game itself).....yes, he is the quarterback of the team so you expect the great assist line...(12)... and he did have a Kobe-like shooting percentage (while scoring 17 points)....but how often does a six foot point guard collect 11 rebounds...? ....he also had 4 steals...........(along with six turnovers)....like I said, kind of an ugly stat line....but take all those rebounds away and we probably lose this game.....triple doubles are now commonplace for him....and remember, he doesn't pad his stats by taking a lot of shots every game....the rebounds are a result of tremendous hustle and athletic ability...to the haters...face it, this guy is the building block and isn't going anywhere in the near future.....just my opinion.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

hmmmm.... wasn't Rondo tied for the game lead in rebounds...?  I'll admit that this triple double wasn't a thing of beauty (nor was the game itself).....yes, he is the quarterback of the team so you expect the great assist line...(12)... and he did have a Kobe-like shooting percentage (while scoring 17 points)....but how often does a six foot point guard collect 11 rebounds...? ....he also had 4 steals...........(along with six turnovers)....like I said, kind of an ugly stat line....but take all those rebounds away and we probably lose this game.....triple doubles are now commonplace for him....and remember, he doesn't pad his stats by taking a lot of shots every game....the rebounds are a result of tremendous hustle and athletic ability...to the haters...face it, this guy is the building block and isn't going anywhere in the near future.....just my opinion.....
    Posted by Duke4

Near future being the 2011-12 PO's. Agreed.

I expect that R9R will once again be shopped in the off season as he has the past few off-seasons by management. PG as enigmatic and mercurial as ever.

Just my opinion.

Don't like it? Take it up with DA. Give him an earful.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

fair enough Pud.....I'll take him unless Danny can pull off a deal to get a better PG....not really sure who that would be....he may be an enigma but he has made the all star teams, the all defensive teams, he leads the league in triple doubles, and he has led the team to a championship....would be more if not for injuries (KG's the biggest factor in '09, Perk's lesser in '10)....all this at age 26....how many better PG's over the last 5 years have led their teams to the title...?  ....he hasn't even reached his apex in my opinion....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Day of the alligator - RR : Oh look ... we won again.   If it wasn't for Rondo we would have won by more!  Note to self... trade Rondo immediatey ...    So goes the logic of a Rondo hater.
    Posted by videoburns

+1

It must be a sad existence to look at the games of what the haters proclaim is their favorite team and all they see is fault.  I saw the 7 for 22 (KoMe went 7 for 23 in a LOSS), the 6 TOs (none in the latter second half of the game), and the 3 for 4 from the line.  I also saw the 17 points, 14 rebounds (no one at his size rebounds as well as Rondo does!!!!), the 12 assists (26 consecutive double-digit assist games in a row - name one current NBA player who has accomplished this feat; SORRY but you can't) and 4 steals.  Yet, most of the hater element only note the negative, largely because, I suspect, they are generally negative people living in their trivial negative world.  How sad!

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Posted by Duke4

I concur with your opinion.

As Always,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Day of the alligator - RR : +1 It must be a sad existence to look at the games of what the haters proclaim is their favorite team and all they see is fault.  I saw the 7 for 22 (KoMe went 7 for 23 in a LOSS), the 6 TOs (none in the latter second half of the game), and the 3 for 4 from the line.  I also saw the 17 points, 14 rebounds (no one at his size rebounds as well as Rondo does!!!!), the 12 assists (26 consecutive double-digit assist games in a row - name one current NBA player who has accomplished this feat; SORRY but you can't) and 4 steals.  Yet, most of the hater element only note the negative, largely because, I suspect, they are generally negative people living in their trivial negative world.  How sad! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock

Then Kobe had a bad game too! Why is it that when someone points out that a Celtic player may have had a bad game, he's automatically labeled a hater? Just because you don't like a certain Celtic players game, does not mean you can't like the C's as much as someone who never see's any wrong with any Celtic player or Coach!!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Day of the alligator - RR :  Then Kobe had a bad game too! Why is it that when someone points out that a Celtic player may have had a bad game, he's automatically labeled a hater? Just because you don't like a certain Celtic players game, does not mean you can't like the C's as much as someone who never see's any wrong with any Celtic player or Coach!!   
    Posted by KyCelt2

I didn't see Rondo have a bad game!  I saw him have a bad shooting game and a lot of positive contributions in a CELTICS win.  If I were to define a "hater" in reference to this forum's context, I would describe that person as someone who harps on the negative and overlooks positive contributions.  I never called you out as a hater.  Did something I say hit home and make you feel that way?

As Always,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Thread of this post is that RR (who isn't a good shooter anyway... usually shoots layups ok) was shot-arming his close shots at the end of the game.   Can't get tight and win big games (nor in rec leagues).   Wasn't so much as a bad game as the Cs get careless too often.   I know it's not intentional.   Too many players on the team are just bad passers.   PP pushes off on a routine coming around the pick.   KG had to bail PP out when PP did some type of jump pass.   In the long run PP, KG, RR gives we Cs fans more happy times.   Too bad over the past 5yrs the Cs management couldn't give them any help so after 5yrs, they still have to do it all.   Don't agree w/ me?   Doc did not substitute any players in the 4th Q or OT!!   And, they're an old team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Posted by Duke4

I also concur with your opinion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo fills up the stat sheet, but commits 6 turnovers and plays no defense. I prefer Bradley.
    Posted by Kirk6

As long as we win I don't care what he does.  His rebounding and steals were critical in that game.  His assists were spot on, putting the ball right in the shooters sweet spot.  Should he not go for rebounds if he is near a triple double or let the opposition get it?  Come on Kirk!!!  If he is not the best shooter on the team why does he need to be the main one shooting versus passing it to someone who is in a better position or better shooter?  Is 6 Tos a NBA playoff record?  The person with the ball the most is more than likely going to have the most turnovers trying to run the team.  What about his 4 steals?  

Rondo filling up the stat sheets helps us win!!!  Tell Pierce, KG, Bass to fill it up as well and it just may be a BLOW OUT win, instead of just a win!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rondo played sloppy at the end of regulation, but he did turn it back on in OT and he was the difference in the game....

reading pud's posts on this board are only good for one thing....LOWERING YOUR IQ

GO CELTS!

Sections
Shortcuts