Dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Dead

Boston Celtics forum officially dead due to lack of information, speculation and interest, with the cooperation of BDC IT consultants.  Time of death 9:00 PM April 21, 2014. Soon to be followed by all other BDC fora.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Re: Dead

I killed it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Things will pick up middle of May. Hang in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Things may pick up at Hampton and Rye Beach by the middle of May.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

I think this season drained most Celt Fans that contribute here. Most if not all folks who chime in here are bigtime Celt Fans or they would not come here lay down their opinions. They had the wind kicked out of them all season, then those last two meaningless wins did nothing but chopping our ping pong ball quantity, so maybe that took some steam out of some as well. And then you had the BDC posting debacle during the new Format changeover and I know that pushed some away. Things will heat up again once the Lottery comes around and the Celts future direction starts to become clearer. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Agree with CelticMo - the losing took a toll on folks. Even those like me who wanted the team to tank for lottery reasons, it didn't mean it was a fun season. 

Obviously the site migration didn't improve things. Perhaps a lot of fans have found greener forum pastures, I dunno. 

It will be interesting to see who shows up around here when we get closer to the draft. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I have so say man that I think a lot of it just has to do with the fact that a lot of people only follow a winning team.

The other thing it has to do with is that this forum kinda blowss.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think the C's had a perfect season all things considered. They were competitive in almost all their game, had some big wins, showed off a new/young head coach, and most of all, they tried. Boston fans understood that they weren't going to be very good, and mostly didn't want them to be very good. But even with that in mind, there wouldn't have been any fan support of the players tanking. These guys went all out pretty much, and a few of them showed some real promise for the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I will always follow the Celtics since basketball is my favorite sport and I will continue to attend games when I can afford it.  I usually attend a few games a year and sometimes get tickets for free from friends who have season tickets or as gifts during the season.  We have to be happy with the new coach and I believe they could be a very competitive team in the future depending on what type of draft picks and trades are made before next season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Hang in there guys...all this shows is that the C's have almost always been #4 in a 4 team market...it's slow over in the football threads right now as well....it'll heat up when they get to ping pong night, then after the draft when they also sign some undrafted free agents and guys from the D league for their Florida league team.

This too shall pass. Just be thankful you're not a Faker fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like I said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like I said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If you really believe the nba lottery is rigged (wouldn't be the first instance of corporate corruption), then maybe we increased our chances by not laying down.

I mean, at some point someone's got to win.  The cav's were clearly trying not to win that game.  So do we start shooting at our own basket?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DomFeroce. Show DomFeroce's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:   I think this season sucked personally. It's like we know in November that this season doesnt count. Just wipe out an entire season. Lame and boring. I see no pleasure in watching young players get torched. The league sets it up this way, with the idiotic lottery, and cap rules. Sacrificing an entire season, and all the money wasted on it, is ridiculous. 
    [QUOTE]

I think the C's had a perfect season all things considered. They were competitive in almost all their game, had some big wins, showed off a new/young head coach, and most of all, they tried. Boston fans understood that they weren't going to be very good, and mostly didn't want them to be very good. But even with that in mind, there wouldn't have been any fan support of the players tanking. These guys went all out pretty much, and a few of them showed some real promise for the future.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like I said.  I'm too stupid to come up with anything else Godspeed