Deal To Be Completed Today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Deal To Be Completed Today

"Deal to be completed today" - more like "Deal *might* be completed today. 

Just because Doc can't coach the Celts again doesn't mean a deal will get done, he could go to broadcasting. 

I'd like to see the Celts deal this but I understand why Ainge is playing this tough too....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Sources: New framework for C's-Clippers deal June, 17, 2013 Jun 17 2:57 PM ET By ESPNBoston.com The latest as negotiations between the Clippers and Celtics heat up again:
    The Celtics and Clippers have relaunched discussions on a new trade framework that could bring a resolution to the complicated talks regarding coach Doc Rivers and star forward Kevin Garnett potentially going to Los Angeles in a multiplayer deal, according to sources close to the process.

With the Clippers adamant that prized young guard Eric Bledsoe will not be included in the trade for Garnett, sources told ESPN.com one proposed tweak to end the weekend stalemate in the talks is the prospect of the Clippers taking back the contract of either Courtney Lee or Jason Terry from the Celtics.

Shedding the long-term money owed to either Lee or Terry, sources said, could convince the Celtics to relent on their demand that Bledsoe be included in the

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

Fierce question for you...if the deal goes down as presently being discussed and we get jordan a pick and get rid of kg and either terry/lee...and also assuming we waive pierce...what would be looking like salary cap wise? could we get an impact player...if so, then maybe the deal isnt as bad as it seems right now to me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks for the updates Fierce! Fingers crossed - hoping for the best! 

Go Celtics!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Update: Celts, Clips trade talks heating up

A deal between the Celtics and Clippers involving Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers is reportedly "close to being done very, very soon."

Another source tells Dan Woike that talks are "moving forward fast," and it seems the Celtics are no longer insisting that Eric Bledsoe be included as long as the Clippers take back the contract of either Jason Terry or Courtney Lee. In addition to shedding salary, Boston's haul would include DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Hahahaha .... looks who's reporting on a possible "deal" for Doc and KG .... Flip-Flop ... Flip-Flop .... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comcast reporting "Trade" for Doc & KG in works ... Fungus34 better get on the line and notify them that it's not a trade but "Compensation" .... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, Fungus34 started a thread just yesterday saying DOC WAS STAYING IN BOSTON. He posts so many times a day, I don't think he can keep up with his own opinion. DOC is GONE.....Next angle Fungus????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Get rid of Lee.  Terry will be easier to trade later. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Wonder what it is about trades that peaks are interests so much.  I'd like to see Doc and KG happy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't like the deal as being reported. Why is Ainge caving on Bledsoe...cmon, Jordan and a #1?? I don't want Butler...he's done. So we give them Lee or Terry which will free up cap.

Ainge HAS GOT TO LAND A BIG FISH IN FA...I'm talking Millsap, Mayo or Josh Smith.

Ainge holds all the cards...why cave??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The deal as propsed is 1) Jordan for KG (KG wasn't coming back if Doc left); 2) a 1st rounder for Doc (Doc wasn't going to sit through a rebuild - he was gone anway); 3) trading a bad contract for a shorter bad contract (one less year to wait for the cap space).   

So, Jordan, a 1st rounder and 1 less year to wait for the cap space for KG and Doc, neither of whom were coming back.  If you look at the trasactions separately, the price may be ok but the rub is that the C's are getting something for two guys who weren't going to be here.  Not perfect, but maybe this helps the rebuild a bit.  I would have liked Bledsoe because if the C's are gonna take a torch to the roster it would have been nice to have Bledsoe as a PG and Rondo for trade bait.  

I may be in the minority, but I think the writing was on the wall and KG/Doc sort of forced Danny's hand a bit.  Take what you can get, using Doc's contract as leverage the best you can. Wondering what happens to Pierce now?  Bought out for cap space?  Traded to another contender?      

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Have a god day in your play ground. I have a life to live. Good afternoon.Cool

You are there now and you are sending pictures to the Celtics blog.  You are a loser's loser.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think this a horrible trade if it is just Jordon for KG. 28th pick whoopeee. KG " I Bleed green" could've had the cajones to at least say something to the fans here that have treated him like a God. Jordan and Bledsoe would've been OK but because the traitor who we gave so much to would like a chance to coach him. This just stinks. I'd keep Lee and take Butlers who has some game and an expiring contract and give up Terry,who'll be 42 at the end of his contract. Doc just did to Lee what he did to TA. Doc and KG tied us up and should have delivered more than 1 ring. Getting Jordan, a nice complimentary player that is overpaid for the next 3 seasons doesn't help us with cap space. Bledsoe would've been good for an insurance policy comcerning Rondos health and how long it takes to come back to form. I would rather sign AI than Jamal Crawford on our team. Willie Green Pulease.

I've been a huge DA fan and thought he bent over backwards trying to appease Doc,KG and did the best he could getting pieces to help around 3 players that made as much as half the teams total salaries. As for Doc, I said he seemed like he was mailing it in the end of last year 5-17 from 5/1 when we were 2 games out of being a 4th seed. He wouldn't give any young players any PT vs the knicks and let Pierce freeze out players and take a whole bunch of rythmn deflating bad shots. If those 3want to move on from the team that showed them nothing but loyalty and a free reign F them all. If this deal doesn't get done after this show of selfishness 1 Doc doesn't get to coach any where but the Maine Red Claws. 2 KG watches from the end of the bench until he gets so PO'd he waives his no trade clause and is willing to get traded anywhere or retires then let him see how many team are knocking on his 38 yr old rump in 2014. 3 We trade PP to an east team and get to watch JG light him up for 40 everytime they play.

I think w/o KG and PP we do as well as we did this year and make the playoffs. We hire George Karl, who is a better game time coach than doc and get past the 1st round.

I also owe an apology to R Allen who said it wasn't about the money but about honesty,respect and legitemacy. I thought that was just PR spin but apparently he was being honest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to igotgyroballs' comment:

i saw on espn.com they are thinking jordan,and a #1 for kg doc and either terry or lee  . Danny better get more.not butler either

Agreed. Jordan is a good player but KG, even at his age, is way better. This is a weak draft so a number 1 pick is not sufficient.  If the Clippers got KG and Doc (and probably Pierce as well) they would become instant contenders. It's not often that a team receives a future Hall of Fame coach with a championship under his belt. The deal has to include Bledsoe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[/QUOTE]

If KG and Pierce are in the deal, there are 3 possible scenarios.

A. PP and KG for Jordan, Butler, Jamal Crawford, and Willie Green.

B. PP and KG for Jordan, Butler, Crawford, and Bledsoe.

C. PP and KG for Jordan, Butler, and Blake Griffin.

[/QUOTE]

I would bet on A

IF the talks have started again AND Pierce is part of that talk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to igotgyroballs' comment:

i saw on espn.com they are thinking jordan,and a #1 for kg doc and either terry or lee  . Danny better get more.not butler either

Agreed. Jordan is a good player but KG, even at his age, is way better. This is a weak draft so a number 1 pick is not sufficient.  If the Clippers got KG and Doc (and probably Pierce as well) they would become instant contenders. It's not often that a team receives a future Hall of Fame coach with a championship under his belt. The deal has to include Bledsoe.

draft pick would be for next year at the earliest.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Hittin' a snag.  They don't want Lee or Terry.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Do the deal, take butler for lee, jordan for KG plus a 1st, Doc for a second 1st.  Keep pierce for 1 more year as a transition.  Next year pierce and butler drop off and we players in FA, plus have 4 1st round picks in 2 years.  Not ideal, but with KG and pierce the alternative, do nothing, is worse.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413148. Show user_4413148's posts

D'eandre is garbage and so isn't his contract. They better get much more. Butler's expiring is worth more than D'eandre. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have no problem taking Butler for Terry. I want Bledsoe no part of Green or Crawford. I'd rather have next year or the year after that pick. I think Lee is decent player for the money I think Doc had as much to Lees underperforming as Lee did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Wonder what it is about trades that peaks are interests so much.  I'd like to see Doc and KG happy. 

I hope both KG and CP3 go down and can't play and Doc gets exposed for not being able to coach a team in turmoil. If this is how KG leaves DO NOT ever retire his number

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am not in love with Jordan...didn't ave double digits scoring or rebounding and a poor foul shooter and basically a younger version of Perk and much more expensive. Bledsoe's stats were not as good as Rondo's so if we back off from insisting he not be part of the trade, we instead want the Clippers to take on the contracts of Courtney Lee or Jason Terry and preferably both. I would be adament & insist on both. I too would insist on Butler...he's 6'7" and would replace PP if he is gone. He averaged 10 pts per game but lifetime is 15 and he could do the same with us as I'm sure Paul & Griffin were looked to as the main scorers. I don't believe there is anyway we can get Griffin even if they take PP. It would be "Chutzpah" to insist on it. The whole key to the trade is to get salary relief and draft picks and bite the bullet for 1-2 years and build a young team as Golden State did with an ave age of 23 that gave the Spurs fits !

Sections
Shortcuts