DeAndre Jordan and two picks for Garnett and Rivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: DeAndre Jordan and two picks for Garnett and Rivers

Pierce has to figure into this as well. IF the Doc/Garnett deal goes down, it is almost a given that P2 will be bought out and head straight to the Clippers. Jordan is decent Player but not worthy of being put in the same class of what LA would be getting Player-wise, despite their age {Plus a Championship Coach}. So, if no Bledsoe {not so sure that is bad for C's} then Celts should get two UN-Protected 1st Round Picks in addition to Jordan. of The first pick would be very late in Rnd 1. The second 1st Rmd pick in 2015-16 could be much better. Or, Doc goes to TV, Garnett retires and Pierce is gone via Buyout. Then the Celts end up with nothing. In my opinion, no way Doc can come back to Boston now. The FIRE DOC chants would be start up again. Do it now and get something! Hire Jerry Sloan and the Rebuild is under way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Bledsoe,Jordan, and 2 first rounders....either do that or move on. We hold the cards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Bledsoe,Jordan, and 2 first rounders....either do that or move on. We hold the cards.

True. I don't look forward to a team led by Rondo and Jordan... clang, clang... It would give some nice highlight reels during the regular season but that's about it. 

Back to dreadfull defense without KG. Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sully and Jordan... Maybe Ainge can use some of them as trade bait, but like mentioned here before, I'd feel better with Bird in charge. 

Welcome back to oblivion I guess...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Hoops hype:

Sources say that the Clippers, meanwhile, have already engaged the Orlando Magic and Indiana Pacers in separate trade discussions headlined by Bledsoe, with Orlando's Arron Afflalo and Indiana's Danny Granger as the respective trade targets. Indiana, according to sources, is leaning at present toward keeping Granger for the final season of his contract in hopes that the former All-Star swingman's return from knee surgery can help the Pacers close the gap on Miami in the East, but L.A. has been operating for months under the premise that Bledsoe, once Paul re-signs, will be dealt before becoming a restricted free agent in July 2014. ESPN.com

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#RwcY3Vg6UJJTpYfd.99

LMFAO.....you can thank Doc for this massive screw up, him and his "bestie" Danny Strange...oh yeah, the Boston crowd will welcome Doc back with open arms won't they? (PFFFFTTTTTTTTTT)...there is nothing more popular in this town than a front running turncoat, just ask Damon and Beckett.......they'll boo so loud and so long each game it will register on the richter scale...Danny Strange looks really weak and desperate right now....they're screwed, and both Doc and Danny Strange have screwed the pooch as well...but good...it's bad enough they're destined to stink for half a generation but now they've turned themselves into a public laughingstock and a soap opera...way to work it Danny Strange! 

Didn't see your comments.  Ainge and Doc blew it with this.  Larry Bird should be begged to come back and clean up this mess.

It is impossible to tell if this is all speculation, all hype, or there are even seeds of truth. Until the smoke clears, all is speculation. If there is truth to the rumors, then it is likely Danny's doing, and everyone else is just reacting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think it's time we all get ready for a changing of the guard in Boston.  Whether or not this trade goes through, I think this is a sign that the era of the big 3 and Doc is completely over.  It's time to acquire young, talented players who can be developed into big time players capable of directing the Celtics back to prominence.

Plain and simple, it is time to move forward.  We realize our defensive proficiency may go down without KG.  We realize we won't have that mid-range jumper any longer.  We may very well become a better rebounding team.  We may even stay a solid defensive team if Jordan and Bledsoe buy into and excel in our defensive system.  We will be able to run much more which translates into easy baskets.  We will also have decent scorers like Green and Bledsoe (and Rondo when he wants to be a scorer) so I don't see all this gloom and doom.  And better yet, Bledsoe can start the season at PG so we won't be rushed to bring Rondo back not 100%.

This is a deal the Celtics need to make to maximize returning value on KG and if Doc is ready to move on, then thanks for the championship Doc (and the 1 or 2 first round picks we'll get in return) and good luck on the west coast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I think it's time we all get ready for a changing of the guard in Boston.  Whether or not this trade goes through, I think this is a sign that the era of the big 3 and Doc is completely over.  It's time to acquire young, talented players who can be developed into big time players capable of directing the Celtics back to prominence.

Plain and simple, it is time to move forward.  We realize our defensive proficiency may go down without KG.  We realize we won't have that mid-range jumper any longer.  We may very well become a better rebounding team.  We may even stay a solid defensive team if Jordan and Bledsoe buy into and excel in our defensive system.  We will be able to run much more which translates into easy baskets.  We will also have decent scorers like Green and Bledsoe (and Rondo when he wants to be a scorer) so I don't see all this gloom and doom.  And better yet, Bledsoe can start the season at PG so we won't be rushed to bring Rondo back not 100%.

This is a deal the Celtics need to make to maximize returning value on KG and if Doc is ready to move on, then thanks for the championship Doc (and the 1 or 2 first round picks we'll get in return) and good luck on the west coast.

KG's defense isn't that good anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I would do it for Jordan and two picks..  The Celtics need to get younger.

jordan is young, and incompetent.  38% free throws regular season, down to 22% free throws in post season.  that's another way of saying "totally useless"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No way we do this deal if Bledsoe is not included.  Jordan is not the headliner.  It's Bledsoe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

I would do it for Jordan and two picks..  The Celtics need to get younger.

jordan is young, and incompetent.  38% free throws regular season, down to 22% free throws in post season.  that's another way of saying "totally useless"

Wow that's pretty ignorant

Multiple C's have been effective players overall while horrible FT shooters. DeAndre was improving 38-45-53 before last season when it was rumored he had a rift with Vinny and his mins dropped.

However, he's a legit C, only 24 years old, can defend the rim and shoots a crazy 63% from the field doing CRAZY stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTkN2q6sUUk

It is established he is slightly overpaid as a 26 minute, 7-8 point, 7-8 rebound, 1-2 block guy. Just have to have a good FT shooting PF who can swing over to C or a backup C for those other 22 mins of the game esp towards the end. Nobody plays 'hack-a-DeAndre' until the 4th. 

Jordan makes the $ work and yes Bledsoe is the headliner and more valuable asset... but let's not make idiotic statements like Jordan is 'useless'. Learn the game.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts