DeAndre Jordan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPinoy. Show GreenPinoy's posts

DeAndre Jordan

I really believe that we should do our best to get him.He is the best you can get in the FA list. He is better than Dalembert no doubt about it. He can rebound, defend, and run with the other guys plus the fact that he is very athletic. With him, KG will have a backup when it comes to defending the post. Rondo will now have two players(Jordan and Green) whom he can run with and throw alleyoops to. Most of all he is young and still so much upside in him.

I am aware that he is a restricted FA but im sure there is a way if we really want to.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: DeAndre Jordan

If we could get that kid or even Kaman, I think we improve our center position.

I'd love to get him in Boston.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPinoy. Show GreenPinoy's posts

we need youth, athleticism,and rebounding talent. jordan has that right now. with the big 4 around him as his mentor,i think he is a good investment for the celtics. the thought of him being only 22 years old and what he showed this season...believe me, he is a diamond in the rough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

I think you can sign your own players for contracts irrespective of the cap situation, if I am not wrong, Jeff G completed his rookie contract and most of it with Thunder and since we traded for him we get his Bird rights and hence we can match any salaries even if we are way above the cap. We still retain our MLE to sign FAs. so i think signing Green and bringing in a FA are independant of each other.Atleast that is what i understand from the reading the CBA rules.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The C's are in the same free agent position that they were in last season. Big money free agents are out of the question until next summer when salary cap space will be freed up.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan : Actually there is are several ways.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Enlighten me on how they acquire him without a sign and trade?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to DeAndre Jordan : He's only a restricted free agent up to the MLE. Beyond that he is a free agent. We could get him if we didn't sign Jeff Green. That would free up $5 million. I would rather have Jordan than Green any day.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

The Celtics will have a total of 72m in salaries next season. It is not true that if the Celtics don't sign Jeff Green the Celtics will have 5m to offer Jordan. 

You are dreaming if you think you can add the MLE plus Jeff Green's 5m. And why would DeAndre Jordan agree to a 5m offer when a Center like Kendrick Perkins got 9m per year?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan : The sign and trade is one way, and we certainly have several pieces we can trade, draft picks, players etc... Another way is to sign him to a multi year deal with an escalating salary, so that the big numbers only count against the cap in the future.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Get this through your head - teams that are over the salary cap are NOT allowed to sign players beyond the veteran's minimum

Study the salary cap first before you make assumptions about what the Celtics can and can't do when it comes to dealing with free-agents. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan : You could sign a player for the MLE for the first year, and then increase his salary in subsequent years. And the MLE is over $5 million right now. Or you could do a sign and trade and pay even more in the first year. It can be done with a little creative thinking.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

If the Celtics offer the MLE the Clips can match. And if you're telling us that the Clips would agree to sign and trade Jordan for Jeff Green, plus draft picks, then you're crazy.

Creative thinking alone is not enough. Deandre Jordan has far more value than what the Celtics have to offer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan : You could sign a player for the MLE for the first year, and then increase his salary in subsequent years. And the MLE is over $5 million right now. Or you could do a sign and trade and pay even more in the first year. It can be done with a little creative thinking.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

If Perkins can get more than 30m for 4 years you really believe Deandre Jordan will settle for just the MLE when he can get more than what Perkins is getting?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

super.  with deandre and rondo on the floor at once, we have a combined 75% free throw shooter b/t the two.

deandre has some physical talent but i wouldn't lose sleep over him.  i'd be shocked if the clips let him get away, he's running buddies with blak griffin

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPinoy. Show GreenPinoy's posts

Yes he's not a good free throw shooter. But id rather have him in  the paint than JO. JO at his age is not a starting center material anymore but he can be a good backup. Keep in mind that Perkins was not a good freethrow shooter either but we won banner 17 with him.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan : The MLE plus more in later years. It can be done, if we have the will to do it.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You are running around in circles. I repeat, if the Celts offer Jordan the MLE the Clips can match the offer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]The C's could sign Green for more than the qualifying offer and add another chip in a S&T for Jordan at a price Sterling can't bring himself to pay ... then use the MLE to sign Battier ... all they'd have left to do is a S&T using Davis for a PF and use the LLE for another SG.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

What makes you think the Clips will trade their starting Center for Jeff Green, a backup SF?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAndre Jordan : 1) They need a SF 2) As previously note, Donald Sterling is cheap and will only go so far to resign a player (ck his history - it's sterling)
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

In 2008 the Clips gave Baron Davis a 5-year 65m contract. I don't think that's cheap. 

A good SF is easier to find than a solid starting Center. 

25. This post has been removed.