Deandre Jordan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: Deandre Jordan?

Ainge has all of the leverage here. LA's #1 priority is keeping CP3, Rivers guarentees that. There is also no reason to believe that the Clips have any offers on the table from Orlando or Indy for Bledsoe. If not Bledsoe, then Ainge should be able to acquire at least one extra 1st rounder. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Looks like we're trading KG, for a guy that Ainge passed over in the draft to pick JR Giddens. Ainge should follow Doc out the door!!

I am really glad that you posted this. I have been ragging on Ainge for years for not having picked Jordan over Giddens. Now he is getting the guy he should have had to begin with but losing KG and Doc. That's why you don't screwa round with the draft. That's why you take every draft seriously even after you just win the NBA Finals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]

Looks like we're trading KG, for a guy that Ainge passed over in the draft to pick JR Giddens. Ainge should follow Doc out the door!!

I am really glad that you posted this. I have been ragging on Ainge for years for not having picked Jordan over Giddens. Now he is getting the guy he should have had to begin with but losing KG and Doc. That's why you don't screwa round with the draft. That's why you take every draft seriously even after you just win the NBA Finals.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with picking Jordan for a late first rounder,  but Jordan is now overpaid and not much of a producer.

Garnett for Jordan is still a joke. Jordan will provide little for this team as a centerpiece player. With Garnett a year or two ago we could have won title however.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Garnett is a 37yo player who is one injury away from terminating his career.  The fact that we can get draft picks and that they are willing to take back bad contracts will speed up our rebuilding process. 

You are not gonna get a better deal when trading a 37yo player.  I don`t like Deandre Jordan either but he is the type of player that plays above the rim and that will get easy baskets from Rondo that way. 

Jordan`s contract will be tradable next summer if we are not happy with him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Garnett is a 37yo player who is one injury away from terminating his career.  The fact that we can get draft picks and that they are willing to take back bad contracts will speed up our rebuilding process. 

You are not gonna get a better deal when trading a 37yo player.  I don`t like Deandre Jordan either but he is the type of player that plays above the rim and that will get easy baskets from Rondo that way. 

Jordan`s contract will be tradable next summer if we are not happy with him. 

These are good points which makes me think why Ainge signed Lee and Terry which were his signings last summer and now he wants to get rid of them. I would rather keep Lee if possible because he is still young. If they are going into rebuild mode and it looks like that's the direction the Celtics are taking. Expect them to be mediocre but with upside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

I don`t see any upsides with Lee.  He is an expensive role player.  He is an average defensive stopper and an average shooter.  In a rebuilding team, that is useless.  We don`t need a Kobe or Lebron stopper next year.

Terry has only 2 years left and a lot of NBA teams need shooters.  We should be able to trade him later. 

Sections
Shortcuts