Dear Rajon Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Dear Rajon Rondo

I have never been fooled by you like others on this board.  Unfortuneately for you, many here are now beginning to shed the denial also realize that your game is severely flawed and you are hurting our beloved Celtics.

So I have some simple advice for you:

1. Stop trying to lunge and steal the the ball on defense.  Even in CYO we are taught that this is ineffective and you should know by now that your man just blows by you.  Play fundamental D with you body and stop relying on your team mates to bail you out.

2. You are probably the worst option to take the 20 foot shot at the expiration of the shot clock or near the end of games.  Why do you insist on taking it and missing at the most crucual moments.  Pass it to someone who can make a shot sooner.

3.  Take care of the ball.  That is a primary requirement of a PG.  You are leading the league in turnovers.  Stop making the same unnecessary and risky passes.  Its not working.  

4. You cannot afford to be apathetic on the floor.  You need to play your heart out to compensate for your incomplete skills on every play on offense and defense.  You need to bring energy to the team.

5.  People here actually think your game is suffering because you are brooding over the Perk trade.  LOL.  In any cae, mourning time is over.  Get your head out of your butt and play basketball.  You are the primary reason we are losing games and now your need to demonstrate leadership not be an ineffective coward. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Re: Dear Rajon Rondo

Harsh, but true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Dear Rajon Rondo:
    I have never been fooled by you like others on this board.  Unfortuneately for you, many here are now beginning to shed the denial also realize that your game is severely flawed and you are hurting our beloved Celtics. So I have some simple advice for you: 1. Stop trying to lunge and steal the the ball on defense.  Even in CYO we are taught that this is ineffective and you should know by now that your man just blows by you.  Play fundamental D with you body and stop relying on your team mates to bail you out. 2. You are probably the worst option to take the 20 foot shot at the expiration of the shot clock or near the end of games.  Why do you insist on taking it and missing at the most crucual moments.  Pass it to someone who can make a shot sooner. 3.  Take care of the ball.  That is a primary requirement of a PG.  You are leading the league in turnovers.  Stop making the same unnecessary and risky passes.  Its not working.   4. You cannot afford to be apathetic on the floor.  You need to play your heart out to compensate for your incomplete skills on every play on offense and defense.  You need to bring energy to the team. 5.  People here actually think your game is suffering because you are brooding over the Perk trade.  LOL.  In any cae, mourning time is over.  Get your head out of your butt and play basketball.  You are the primary reason we are losing games and now your need to demonstrate leadership not be an ineffective coward
    Posted by Eldunker

My, my... the c word. I've thought it a thousand times but never had the courage to use it.  Too provocative. I was the coward as it turns out.

Your words are harsh but true.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

if Rajon Rondo continues like this and we see the Celtics game losses somehow is affected by Rondo's lack of playing fundamental basketball, let's all start sending our "Dear Danny" to trade the $11 million a year Fraud.

I mean, this is freakin' unbelievable. That he is getting this much money and has so many defficencies. I cringe when he takes those 20 footers that are unwarranted, expecially with the clock winding down when he purposely holds the ball and left no options. Free Throw line, forget it, its a given that he'll brick it. Then the defense, just makes me wanna throw something at the TV when he plays sideways letting himself get tangled up on pick and rolls and forces one of the bigs to step up and pretty much breaks down the defensive fort by allowing his man to roam around it.

I fault this on the coaching staff too, 5 coaches, endless game films and none of them are banging on this kid's head to show him this. Do they not care, do they let him freestyle and accept this as his game or is it like everyone's been saying, that Doc is afraid of hurting his feelings. Who gives a sht about his feelings, how about MY FEELINGS as a fan forking over all this money buying merchandise, subscribing to comcast to watch this team. Some of it is paying for his salary and you mean to tell me this guy has a reason to be upset about something. Please, enough of this nonsense and cuddling, he can't play, SIT HIS AZZ DOWN AND LET SOMEONE ELSE CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB PLAY. Aroyo is no dam Avery Bradley so USE HIM. Enough of this sht.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo:
    if Rajon Rondo continues like this and we see the Celtics game losses somehow is affected by Rondo's lack of playing fundamental basketball, let's all start sending our "Dear Danny" to trade the $11 million a year Fraud. I mean, this is freakin' unbelievable. That he is getting this much money and has so many defficencies. I cringe when he takes those 20 footers that are unwarranted, expecially with the clock winding down when he purposely holds the ball and left no options. Free Throw line, forget it, its a given that he'll brick it. Then the defense, just makes me wanna throw something at the TV when he plays sideways letting himself get tangled up on pick and rolls and forces one of the bigs to step up and pretty much breaks down the defensive fort by allowing his man to roam around it. I fault this on the coaching staff too, 5 coaches, endless game films and none of them are banging on this kid's head to show him this. Do they not care, do they let him freestyle and accept this as his game or is it like everyone's been saying, that Doc is afraid of hurting his feelings. Who gives a sht about his feelings, how about MY FEELINGS as a fan forking over all this money buying merchandise, subscribing to comcast to watch this team. Some of it is paying for his salary and you mean to tell me this guy has a reason to be upset about something. Please, enough of this nonsense and cuddling, he can't play, SIT HIS AZZ DOWN AND LET SOMEONE ELSE CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB PLAY. Aroyo is no dam Avery Bradley so USE HIM. Enough of this sht.
    Posted by Patsboy3

I agree.  He can't shoot , he is an overachiever, he is not a real point guard like nash , Chris paul. D williams  or even Kenny anderson when he was a Celtic.  He is sucking lately.  he holds the ball too long and hot dogs it.  If it wasnt for the big three he woulld not have so many assists

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I'm really surprised to see the reactions lately. A few months ago it was only Pud, acie, Dudder and I criticizing Rondo's poor effort, now it's almost everyone here. Good to know!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm really surprised to see the reactions lately. A few months ago it was only Pud, acie, Dudder and I criticizing Rondo's poor effort, now it's almost everyone here. Good to know!
    Posted by celticsfanmx

That could change very quickly. How quickly we forget when Rondo has a decent game.... and all is forgiven.

I wouldn't be surprised if he shattered into a 1000 pieces, considering the pressure he must be under and nowhere to hide.

I've never seen anything like this.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]I'm really surprised to see the reactions lately. A few months ago it was only Pud, acie, Dudder and I criticizing Rondo's poor effort, now it's almost everyone here.

then you were a late comer also.  I have been sounding the alarm without mercy on Rondo (and Perk) for 2 years.   

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

my mom could play point guard for the big three and look better...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : That could change very quickly. How quickly we forget when Rondo has a decent game.... and all is forgiven. I wouldn't be surprised if he shattered into a 1000 pieces, considering the pressure he must be under and nowhere to hide. I've never seen anything like this. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I'm surprised as well. He hasn't been exposed like this since he became a celtic. Now it's just too obvious and painful to pretend it isn't there. He's going to implode sooner or later and things will get ugly. There are so many things at stake to lose it all because of this silly kid! #18, plus Pierce's, KG's and RA's legacies are literally at stake because of one single player, unbelievable!

I hope doc and danny take the right measures to fix things while there's time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : I'm surprised as well. He hasn't been exposed like this since he became a celtic. Now it's just too obvious and painful to pretend it isn't there. He's going to implode sooner or later and things will get ugly. There are so many things at stake to lose it all because of this silly kid! #18, plus Pierce's, KG's and RA's legacies are literally at stake because of one single player, unbelievable! I hope doc and danny take the right measures to fix things while there's time.
    Posted by celticsfanmx

I was flabbergasted when Doc put Rondo back in the game with 6 minutes to go and Arroyo and the team mounting a comeback from 12 points down.

That suggested to me that doc will not sit Rondo even when it is best for the team. That was an extraordinary lack of positive leadership/courage on doc's part.

It got my full attention.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo :
    I'm really surprised to see the reactions lately. A few months ago it was only Pud, acie, Dudder and I criticizing Rondo's poor effort, now it's almost everyone here. then you were a late comer also.  I have been sounding the alarm without mercy on Rondo (and Perk) for 2 years.   
    Posted by Eldunker

Eldunker, you must have been flying under the radar for the most part.

I don't recall your speaking out with any regularity... or maybe you have been too subtle in your approach... or me too goobered up to pay attention to your posts.

Maybe the latter.

Its been an awfully lonely vigil at times since I've been here.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo will get much better when Shaq comes back.
    Posted by Kirk6

Oh Palease...I'm so sick of yet another "Rondo will get better when"... excuses.  The big three isn't enough ?  

He has always been inconsistent and often horrible, with occasional games of brilliance.  We need consistency from a player with balanced skills. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : Oh Palease...I'm so sick of yet another "Rondo will get better when"... excuses.  The big three isn't enough ?   He has always been inconsistent and often horrible, with occasional games of brilliance.  We need consistency from a player with balanced skills. 
    Posted by Eldunker

always been horrible, even in the playoffs?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : I was flabbergasted when Doc put Rondo back in the game with 6 minutes to go and Arroyo and the team mounting a comeback from 12 points down. That suggested to me that doc will not sit Rondo even when it is best for the team. That was an extraordinary lack of positive leadership/courage on doc's part. It got my full attention. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

ORRRR, perhaps doc was sending rondo a message.  look at what this career traveler guy arroyo is doing and now you, rondo, go in and do better.

overall, i am not surprised people are recognizing the doo dee sandwich for what it is.  it's NOT been me, duddler and puddins ONLY- that's ridiculous.  it's been a baker's dozen people for a long time now that readily acknowledge what a complete fraud rondo is.

and now that rondo is ratcheting up the fraudulent play, and seeming to have a monopoly on the whole team for worst effort, attitude, effectiveness, hustle, demeanor, not to mention fundamentals.  it's a triple hat trick of crap sandwich for the fan to wolf down on a nightly basis.

i did NOT see this game tonight.  was travelling and DVR malfunctioned.  however, i can tell by the box score that this was one of the worst games rondo has probably ever played.  1-10 tells me flat footed / desperate fade away jumpers, lots of 'em that were the culmination of loads of assassinating the shot clock with lousy effort to get a play set up and called timely.

all i've seen in rondo lately is a flippant punk.  his body language says he doesn't care, not that his 54% from the foul line didn't already tell you that, if you care to look at the stats, along with his miserable anti-progression in mastery of all fundamentals.  now that rondo stinks this bad, nobody can put the green colored shades on and see nice things.

i hope the kid turns around.  i have said for a long time that he COULD be the best PG in the league and a perennial MVP candidate if he got a jumper, shot 75% free throws and bent his knees and played good basic D- like he did that one isolated incident vs. lebrone. 

if this REALLY is all about the perkins trade, then that makes rondo's deconstruction even worse and he is showing himself to be worse caliber head case than latrine sprewell. 

correct me if i'm wrong but little rondo looks like he's on course to try to short circuit this team and cause some people punishment who did this awful (merciful to the fans) perkins trade.  and it looks like he doesn't care about his teamates either and their champship hopes.

if i was a shrink watching this disaster unfold, and mind you, i did not see tonights game but am still enraged by just what i saw vs. milwaukee, THE ABOVE would be my preliminary assessment before i stuck rondo in a padded cell and blared classical music at him until he would talk the truth about what's on his mind.

delonte, we hardly knew ye, please, please, please get back in a uniform and get functional quickly so we can let poor rajon sort out his mixed feelings of emotional squalor without his perk binky.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : always been horrible, even in the playoffs?
    Posted by JamezHill24

his post season game has always been a house of cards.  he has had fantastic individual games and some elite series.  however, since his fundamentals do not exist, he cannot keep up the veneer of being able to shoot and sooner or later it falls apart. 

not to mention that any series against someone like d. rose is marked by rondo being soundly outscored- he can't seem to shut down his counterparts who are his age.  go figure.  hustling to fight over a pick does mean something after all, not just touching another sweaty guy who might stink a little bit!

check out games 3-7 vs. the lakers.  20% free throws.  many turnovers.  not much scoring on average.  a TOTALLY different rondo than the one who led the team earlier in the playoffs. 

the slightest hard times shooting and this guy goes to pieces like fragile porcelain.  becomes passive in every sense of the word.  avoids ball handling.  it de-volves into a downright nightmare for paul and ray.  hopefully with delonte we have an insurance plan but he seems to not be keeping himself together with the injuries... again. 

and THAT (last year- you know when he was "awesome in the playoffs" as we're told by some on this board) was coming off of "hot" (LOL) free throw shooting entering the playoffs of 62%.  rondo is at 54% right now and the way he is shooting the ball right now without even bothering to line his body or his arms up with the bucket- it's outrageous shot mechanics.

given the current nightmare quagmire, emotional trauma/drama we're seing, i'd say it'd be prudent to expect to watch him to DIP and get WORSE this year rather than improve like he historically has to mop up a FT% disaster for the regular season.  compared to last year, he's taking A THIRD OF THE FREE THROWS each game that he did last regular season.

that's the definition of regression and passivity at once.

if he does anything this playoffs, it will be a miracle.  and it will have to be a long miracle starting very soon.  rondo's normal schtick is to "try harder at shooting" the last 15 games of the season after slowly building a tad of momentum. 

right now, we're close to the end and rondo is not trying at anything, but perhaps submarining this team as punishment for his clunky buddy perk being traded.  or you tell me what the guy is so upset about.  if it was something legit like a family problem players get time off for that.  but this just happened to start when perk stopped being a celtic.

whatever it is he ain't bein a professional about it, is he?  if i show up to work like he's been coming the last 2 weeks then i'd have something on my personnel file to show for it.

he apparently thinks he can learn to shoot in 15 games and then it will stick long enough for the playoffs to end before his shooting touch does.  it's a pretty transparent and weak minded scheme.  or maybe he's too stubborn to believe that shooting is important?!  and this guy's supposed to be super smart?!  anyway, the only problem with his forumla is that whatever snake oil momentum he cooks up when he "tries" late in the season has never lasted long enough and he ends up killing the team at crucial times.

i am sure that danny and wyc are taking notes on all of these recent developments of rondo's "how big a funk can i get myself into" project.  if he wants to be like this then he's worth nothing to anyone.  watch for him to be sweet talked back to life and dumped in the off season if this keeps up.

and danny can thank himself for all of these prima donna problems.

YOU JUST NEVER SHOULD DECLARE A 20 1/2 YEAR OLD WITH NO FOUL SHOT OR JUMPER OR FUNDAMENTAL DEFENSE TO BE "THE STARTER OF THE FUTURE"- IT JUST WON'T WORK OUT SO WELL FOR YA REGARDING SUBSEQUENT PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dborceaz. Show dborceaz's posts

You and Doc are killing the team!

Where the hell is Shaq? Is he even on the team?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Yeah blame all on RONDO.....YOU OVERLOOKED buster!
     blame on the 'REJECTS" Arroyo-Shasha-Murphy who cannot sustain the 2nd unit. There are no supporting cast.

Murphy is useless.
    Shasha is lost.
    Arroyo keeps running for nothing.

Green & Krstic are the legit but Green still
          in dim learning the system...he shoot and score, that's all he knows so far.

so, TRADE RONDO after the season---say it!
    Make it know - stop b*tching - he is the only PG left to play.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im laughing right now thinking about some of the misses he had last night.. I mean, way off.  Also his layups are like horse shots now.. flipped up, tossed in the direction of the basket... hes so out of synch

Any 3 on 3 break you can guarantee now he pulls up around the foul line and brings it back out... hes rarely driving hard to the hole or dribbling past the basket causing havoc....  now its just faking drives, faking using the pick... just pulling it out, bouncing the ball standing still, waiting for someone to do something.

He had a breakaway last night, looked behind himself and saw Ray about a step ahead of a defender and fed it to him for a bucket. Why risk the pass or chance the defender catches  up???? Hes all alone ahead of the field... happens too often, even when there is nobody else to pas to, he pulls up with the ball..

Doc must be worried

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Arroyo should have been left in the game last night. He was obviously the better point guard. LAST NIGHT. Thats all I have to say other than I was disgusted with Rondo's game and attitude. It was written all over his face.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Im laughing right now thinking about some of the misses he had last night.. I mean, way off.  Also his layups are like horse shots now.. flipped up, tossed in the direction of the basket... hes so out of synch

Ok Karl---so he misses - it's done
         But what do we get from arroyo?
         if our quarterback was so bad, time for Arroyo to show up...but he didn't.
         He is not a rookie, he's been a PG in ages. No excuses.

....because we don't have anything after moody rondo -- behind him is a reject.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im laughing right now thinking about some of the misses he had last night.. I mean, way off.  Also his layups are like horse shots now.. flipped up, tossed in the direction of the basket... hes so out of synch Ok Karl---so he misses - it's done      But what do we get from arroyo?      if our quarterback was so bad, time for Arroyo to show up...but he didn't.      He is not a rookie, he's been a PG in ages. No excuses.      ....because we don't have anything after moody rondo -- behind him is a reject.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Well, in about half as much time on the court,

Arroyo shot 50%, had 4pts, 4 rebs, 3 assists and 1 turnover

In twice the time,

Rondo shot 10%, had 2pts, 4 rebs, 9 assists and 4 turnovers

So which one are you calling the reject??

Also, when Arroyo was in the game we were in the midst of a big comeback...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

O Rondo, Rondo! Wherefore art thou Rondo!  I still think he could be and should be, and will need to be Rondo of old. Yes Rondo of old! What all this shows is the Celtics can't win with out him playing well. West and Arroyo are not going to bring us a championship not today not tomorrow not ever! So what ever the reason is, we better hope he gets out of it because a first round loss isn't out of the realm. The Celtics do not have the individual superstars who can carry us to the promise land, those days are long gone with the big three. They need Rondo as much as Rondo needs them, so someone send him some roses signed Perk, and let's go!

Sections
Shortcuts