Dear Rajon Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Dear Rajon Rondo

Popoye you are right!!
    No PG on the roster will take us to the promised land.
    It's only Rondo --- period.

...at the end of the season, let's talk 'TRADing RONDO"
        let see how far the trader will go
       for now, there is no Arroyo -West or Bradley will save the Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Did Shaq retire? If he didn't I hope he is trying to at least
    stay in shape, how in the world did he get hurt and when?
    Getting out his car?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo:
    In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : ORRRR, perhaps doc was sending rondo a message.  look at what this career traveler guy arroyo is doing and now you, rondo, go in and do better. overall, i am not surprised people are recognizing the doo dee sandwich for what it is.  it's NOT been me, duddler and puddins ONLY- that's ridiculous.  it's been a baker's dozen people for a long time now that readily acknowledge what a complete fraud rondo is. and now that rondo is ratcheting up the fraudulent play, and seeming to have a monopoly on the whole team for worst effort, attitude, effectiveness, hustle, demeanor, not to mention fundamentals.  it's a triple hat trick of crap sandwich for the fan to wolf down on a nightly basis. i did NOT see this game tonight.  was travelling and DVR malfunctioned.  however, i can tell by the box score that this was one of the worst games rondo has probably ever played.  1-10 tells me flat footed / desperate fade away jumpers, lots of 'em that were the culmination of loads of assassinating the shot clock with lousy effort to get a play set up and called timely. all i've seen in rondo lately is a flippant punk.  his body language says he doesn't care, not that his 54% from the foul line didn't already tell you that, if you care to look at the stats, along with his miserable anti-progression in mastery of all fundamentals.  now that rondo stinks this bad, nobody can put the green colored shades on and see nice things. i hope the kid turns around.  i have said for a long time that he COULD be the best PG in the league and a perennial MVP candidate if he got a jumper, shot 75% free throws and bent his knees and played good basic D- like he did that one isolated incident vs. lebrone.  if this REALLY is all about the perkins trade, then that makes rondo's deconstruction even worse and he is showing himself to be worse caliber head case than latrine sprewell.  correct me if i'm wrong but little rondo looks like he's on course to try to short circuit this team and cause some people punishment who did this awful (merciful to the fans) perkins trade.  and it looks like he doesn't care about his teamates either and their champship hopes. if i was a shrink watching this disaster unfold, and mind you, i did not see tonights game but am still enraged by just what i saw vs. milwaukee, THE ABOVE would be my preliminary assessment before i stuck rondo in a padded cell and blared classical music at him until he would talk the truth about what's on his mind. delonte, we hardly knew ye, please, please, please get back in a uniform and get functional quickly so we can let poor rajon sort out his mixed feelings of emotional squalor without his perk binky.
    Posted by aciemvp

Welcome to Rondo's world of "constructive defiance."

Most outgrow this sort of petulance during successful toilet training as tikes. Others may take much longer as they fight with parents over trust/control issues.

If Doc wants to rub Arroyo in Rondo's nose, he sits Rondo and declares that the PG position is up for grabs. Earn it back it you want it.

Rondo didn't deserve to go back into the game last night with the team rallying behind Arroyo. It sent the wrong message to the team about how to win PT.

This exposed doc for failing to reward hustle and giving in to his reluctance to confront petulance.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Dear Rajon Rondo:
    I have never been fooled by you like others on this board.  Unfortuneately for you, many here are now beginning to shed the denial also realize that your game is severely flawed and you are hurting our beloved Celtics. So I have some simple advice for you: 1. Stop trying to lunge and steal the the ball on defense.  Even in CYO we are taught that this is ineffective and you should know by now that your man just blows by you.  Play fundamental D with you body and stop relying on your team mates to bail you out. 2. You are probably the worst option to take the 20 foot shot at the expiration of the shot clock or near the end of games.  Why do you insist on taking it and missing at the most crucual moments.  Pass it to someone who can make a shot sooner. 3.  Take care of the ball.  That is a primary requirement of a PG.  You are leading the league in turnovers.  Stop making the same unnecessary and risky passes.  Its not working.   4. You cannot afford to be apathetic on the floor.  You need to play your heart out to compensate for your incomplete skills on every play on offense and defense.  You need to bring energy to the team. 5.  People here actually think your game is suffering because you are brooding over the Perk trade.  LOL.  In any cae, mourning time is over.  Get your head out of your butt and play basketball.  You are the primary reason we are losing games and now your need to demonstrate leadership not be an ineffective coward. 
    Posted by Eldunker

I have often said if he were 5% less athletic he would be a back up.

Hey Rajon, grow up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

No reason for Rondo not to give a good effort and no reason for doc to play four against five.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ubuntu18. Show Ubuntu18's posts

if Rajon Rondo continues like this and we see the Celtics game losses somehow is affected by Rondo's lack of playing fundamental basketball, let's all start sending our "Dear Danny" to trade the $11 million a year Fraud. I mean, this is freakin' unbelievable. That he is getting this much money and has so many defficencies. I cringe when he takes those 20 footers that are unwarranted, expecially with the clock winding down when he purposely holds the ball and left no options. Free Throw line, forget it, its a given that he'll brick it. Then the defense, just makes me wanna throw something at the TV when he plays sideways letting himself get tangled up on pick and rolls and forces one of the bigs to step up and pretty much breaks down the defensive fort by allowing his man to roam around it. I fault this on the coaching staff too, 5 coaches, endless game films and none of them are banging on this kid's head to show him this. Do they not care, do they let him freestyle and accept this as his game or is it like everyone's been saying, that Doc is afraid of hurting his feelings. Who gives a sht about his feelings, how about MY FEELINGS as a fan forking over all this money buying merchandise, subscribing to comcast to watch this team. Some of it is paying for his salary and you mean to tell me this guy has a reason to be upset about something. Please, enough of this nonsense and cuddling, he can't play, SIT HIS AZZ DOWN AND LET SOMEONE ELSE CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB PLAY. Aroyo is no dam Avery Bradley so USE HIM. Enough of this sht.
    Posted by Patsboy3

DEAD ON!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icon111. Show icon111's posts

I am reasonably sure that Rondo is responsible for the natural disaster in Japan and that he also crawled in my window last night and took a deuce on the kitchen floor.

Arroyo never would have done that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I am reasonably sure that Rondo is responsible for the natural disaster in Japan and that he also crawled in my window last night and took a deuce on the kitchen floor. Arroyo never would have done that.
    Posted by icon111

The deuce is on you, Icon.

Don't blame Rondo.  You were no doubt sleepwalking.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : The deuce is on you, Icon. Don't blame Rondo.  You were no doubt sleepwalking. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Ambien and irritable bowel syndrome is a bad combination...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I cant say that any of that critizism isnt warranted, but I think he desrves a pass for playing well most of the time and this is more of an abberation than it is him falling into obscurity and playing in the "D" league next year.

I will admit I dont like when he takes the jumper at the end of games, but its only because he does not look for his jumper throughout the game.  My beef is, dont wait till crunch time to start jacking. This is why Doc wants him to shoot more so he wont be taking his first shot with 1:35 left in the fourth.  Now how do get someone to shoot who obviously loves to pass and hates to shoot?  that is the question. How do you get Rondo to stop practicing floaters before the game and work on shooting j's...these are things the coaching staff should be asking, and I thinks its ignorant to place all the blame on him.  He was worked countless hours on chemistry and getting his teamates the ball and has had to transition on the fly with new players, and its not just that. but the guy has a lot he is trying to do that he is not comfortable doing and its showing...  I dont know whats going behind the scenes...but you have to be patient and hope things work out when other players return....How did we get to this point? How can we get back

Dont Find Fault, Find a Remedy! - Henry Ford

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He had a breakaway last night, looked behind himself and saw Ray about a step ahead of a defender and fed it to him for a bucket. Why risk the pass or chance the defender catches  up???? Hes all alone ahead of the field... happens too often, even when there is nobody else to pas to, he pulls up with the ball..

I have seen this too and been upset about this behavior....All I can say is , We have a true pg, pass first, pass second, etc....and shoot if you HAVE too, but to his credit, he has always attacked the basket when the oppty presents itself, so I still think something physically wrong there...but with the way the injuires have been diagnosed this year,...we would we ever hear about it...NO, lets cut the kid some slack...he should have never came back 2 weeks after having P.F., thats a 3 month healing time..again, no excuses, but did he forget how to play?....I dont think so...a few days off before the playoffs, and a visit from Perk to lift his spirits, he will be fine..lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

O Rondo , Rondo ! Wherefore art thou Rondo!   I still think he could be and should be, and will need to be Rondo of old. Yes Rondo of old! What all this shows is the Celtics can't win with out him playing well. West and Arroyo are not going to bring us a championship not today not tomorrow not ever! So what ever the reason is, we better hope he gets out of it because a first round loss isn't out of the realm. The Celtics do not have the individual superstars who can carry us to the promise land, those days are long gone with the big three. They need Rondo as much as Rondo needs them, so someone send him some roses signed Perk, and let's go!
    Posted by paulbrr7

Spot on post Popeye....this is what these folks dont understand...Its ok to say he needs to play better, but to say we will be better or fine with Arroyo and West....thats a joke! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4ken54. Show 4ken54's posts

I have never been fooled by you like others on this board.  Unfortuneately for you, many here are now beginning to shed the denial also realize that your game is severely flawed and you are hurting our beloved Celtics. So I have some simple advice for you: 1. Stop trying to lunge and steal the the ball on defense.  Even in CYO we are taught that this is ineffective and you should know by now that your man just blows by you.  Play fundamental D with you body and stop relying on your team mates to bail you out. 2. You are probably the worst option to take the 20 foot shot at the expiration of the shot clock or near the end of games.  Why do you insist on taking it and missing at the most crucual moments.  Pass it to someone who can make a shot sooner. 3.  Take care of the ball.  That is a primary requirement of a PG.  You are leading the league in turnovers.  Stop making the same unnecessary and risky passes.  Its not working.   4. You cannot afford to be apathetic on the floor.  You need to play your heart out to compensate for your incomplete skills on every play on offense and defense.  You need to bring energy to the team. 5.  People here actually think your game is suffering because you are brooding over the Perk trade.  LOL.  In any cae, mourning time is over.  Get your head out of your butt and play basketball.  You are the primary reason we are losing games and now your need to demonstrate leadership not be an ineffective coward. 
    Posted by Eldunker

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4ken54. Show 4ken54's posts

Posted by Eldunker

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

No reason for Rondo not to give a good effort and no reason for doc to play four against five.
    Posted by maryngary

If Rondo is playing they are automatically playing 4 against 5.... picture a 5 year old boy with tears streaming down his cheeks and stomping his feet and saying "but Doc I don't want to take more jumpers I will be exposed as a terrible shooter, no Doc I won't go to the hoop because if I get fouled I will continue to be viewed as a terrible finisher and end up having people laugh at me when I go to the foul line, and no Doc I won't eat my asparagus"..............  Doc told him a few weeks ago to start being more aggressive going to the rim and taking the uncontested gifts more often and he is out of his comfort zone and exposed.  Doc asked him to be a complete player and he can't deal with it.  No coincidence that Doc gave him that directive and his game goes in the tank......"no I won't eat my broccoli, no I won't make free throws"....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4ken54. Show 4ken54's posts

Posted by Eldunker

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4ken54. Show 4ken54's posts

In response to the previous comments, I must say that what has been stated is very true and has been for quite a few games this season.  Early on you errupted out of the blocks like an Olympic sprinter..full of power, confidence, and focus.  Then the first ankle injury hit you like a brick wall.

These days I'm seeing a talented player wasting good opportunities against opposition who usually have great difficulty stopping you.  WTH?? You're better than this and you KNOW IT in your heart.  But your lame playground antics (e.g. multiple ball fakes in the lane that come up empty or look just plain silly) are getting old very quick and both you and the team will find yourself looking at what could have been instead of reaping your just rewards.

As for your lack of D..that has to improve right now!  I saw the job that Brandon Jennings did on you in Milwaukee ('tho the young brother has game) and frankly he spanked you my man. Your play against the Nets was really pitiful and has me thinking that maybe the championship is not in the cards for the team this year. Get with the program Rondo...the team, fans, and the league deserve a better showing than you're offering right now.Yell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In response to the previous comments, I must say that what has been stated is very true and has been for quite a few games this season.  Early on you errupted out of the blocks like an Olympic sprinter..full of power, confidence, and focus.  Then the first ankle injury hit you like a brick wall. These days I'm seeing a talented player wasting good opportunities against opposition who usually have great difficulty stopping you.  WTH?? You're better than this and you KNOW IT in your heart.  But your lame playground antics (e.g. multiple ball fakes in the lane that come up empty or look just plain silly) are getting old very quick and both you and the team will find yourself looking at what could have been instead of reaping your just rewards. As for your lack of D..that has to improve right now!  I saw the job that Brandon Jennings did on you in Milwaukee ('tho the young brother has game) and frankly he spanked you my man. Your play against the Nets was really pitiful and has me thinking that maybe the championship is not in the cards for the team this year. Get with the program Rondo...the team, fans, and the league deserve a better showing than you're offering right now.

I agree he needs to snap out of it because we will not win without him playing like the all star he once was.
    Posted by 4ken54

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Rondo when played aggressively, best suited for this team more than any other PG. This guy has been lazy lately and is afraid of going to hoop. Last night it was same with everyone else too; no free throw attempt until the third quarter, thats just not acceptable! KG has become so soft that he is afraid to bang inside, taking jump shots. This guys gets paid more than $20m per year, just too old and has become too soft. Recently though I think its Doc's fault for Rondo's and therefore the whole team's downfall. Doc wants health more than the wins, so why would they even try to win games? I guess Doc wants the players to be healthy so they can spend early holidays with their family as we forced to watch lakers claim another ring, its disgusting to watch Kobe lifting another championship...I do not want to sound so negative but looking Rondo's face last nite, its pathetic!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Yeah blame all on RONDO.....YOU OVERLOOKED buster!  blame on the 'REJECTS" Arroyo-Shasha-Murphy who cannot sustain the 2nd unit. There are no supporting cast. Murphy is useless. Shasha is lost. Arroyo keeps running for nothing. Green & Krstic are the legit but Green still       in dim learning the system...he shoot and score, that's all he knows so far. so, TRADE RONDO after the season---say it! Make it know - stop b*tching - he is the only PG left to play.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

che these other guys YOU are blaming have been here a couple of weeks.  murph hasn't played all year.

like it or not, the POINT GUARD dictates tempo and controls a whole lot of how the team's offense runs.  and when he is also a doormat on defense it makes more work for the others!

that is how IMPORTANT the point guard position is!  it's not like pierce and ray can push the tempo and do everything.  even in their primes they didn't do a good job of it.

simply put, you need a fundamentally and mentally sound guy running the team.  rondo at times has been able to cover his ineptitude in fundamentals by doing enough other things to be okay.

i wouldn't call this season okay by any measure.  40% free throws for half the season and now 54%.  FTA is almost 1.0 a game.  that's pathetic.  find me some other point guards who are so low in this category. 

think tiny archibald, kenny anderson when he tried for the celts and early in his career.  these were small guys, smaller than rondo, who rolled up the sleeves and drove to draw contract to fill out the right mixture of all around skills for their team's best success and well being in W-L columns. 

rondo just avoids what he doesn't care / like / just plain can't do.  as this team ages, it's been imperative rondo pick up the fundamentals and get better so we can still contend.  do you think he's carried the load?

or is it murph and sasha and arroyo who are killing the team right now?   they're not running rondo like a puppet!  rondo is the only one dictating his malaise and everything else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Rondo when played aggressively, best suited for this team more than any other PG. This guy has been lazy lately and is afraid of going to hoop. Last night it was same with everyone else too; no free throw attempt until the third quarter, thats just not acceptable! KG has become so soft that he is afraid to bang inside, taking jump shots. This guys gets paid more than $20m per year, just too old and has become too soft. Recently though I think its Doc's fault for Rondo's and therefore the whole team's downfall. Doc wants health more than the wins, so why would they even try to win games? I guess Doc wants the players to be healthy so they can spend early holidays with their family as we forced to watch lakers claim another ring, its disgusting to watch Kobe lifting another championship...I do not want to sound so negative but looking Rondo's face last nite, its pathetic!!!
    Posted by lhtak

There is absolutely no way to make the statement you make in your first sentence.

No other point guard in the league plays with as much talent and benefits from whom they play with than Rondo.

I can easily make the argument that with Devin Harris, a former all-star that has Denver 8 and 2 since the 'melo / Billups trade, runs the Cs just as well if not a lot better.

There is absolutely no basis other than your simple speculation and opinion that the Cs are better with Rondo than any other point guard.

The reality is that Harris plays with less talent than Rondo and the Nuggets have only 7 fewer wins.

Harris is just an example.

How long have you been watching the NBA? KG is a 2 guard in a 4s body, he has never ban ged inside, he is a jump shooter - why on earth would you expect KG to be taking foul shots if he is never within 18 feet of the rim?

Doc is willing to tank games but he has also charged his point guard with being more aggressive going to the rim and taking the wide open gifts.  His point guard in turn cannot do these things and dropped his pacifier in a dog c rap on the sidewalk so he is crying and whining and has a p oo p oo in his diaper...." Doc wants me to be a complete player, I can't do that - wah wah wah"....  Doc needs to take Rondo into his office and say ok Rondo just go back to the way you have always been 3 on 1 break with nobody in your way and give up wide open layups to make sure you don't have to take a jumper, layup, make free throws, and make sure you get an assist.... go back to causing 3 second violations, go back to causing shot clock violations by pounding the ball into the floor until you guarantee yourself an assist, pass the ball and then hide in the corner and call for the ball and try not to notice when your teammates are laughing their a sses off when you call for the ball when you and they know that there is absolutely no chance the ball is ever getting back to you because they know it is a rebound waiting to happen..... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : Welcome to Rondo's world of "constructive defiance." Most outgrow this sort of petulance during successful toilet training as tikes. Others may take much longer as they fight with parents over trust/control issues. If Doc wants to rub Arroyo in Rondo's nose, he sits Rondo and declares that the PG position is up for grabs. Earn it back it you want it. Rondo didn't deserve to go back into the game last night with the team rallying behind Arroyo. It sent the wrong message to the team about how to win PT. This exposed doc for failing to reward hustle and giving in to his reluctance to confront petulance. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

this is nothing new.  it's been happening any time rondo hasn't hustled since he became the pre-annointed starter.  and up until now those have been fairly isolated instances where extremely bad conduct by rondo has been shown- and he was never yanked.

i remember a particular game vs. toronto about 2 years ago when rondo just wasn't trying.  he needed a break to pull his head together and he wasn't given one. he's never been given one.

for some reason, this team, despite having 3 automatic HOF people on it, only treats rondo with the kid gloves.

it should have changed a long time ago.  every time this guy gets annhilated on the pick and roll defense he should be brought out of the game and talked to by the coaches and if no results in improvement, then benched.

that's how talent management and reluctant talent development challenges have always been conquered.  but they have invented a new system for dealing with rondo: do nothing.

i hope it ends soon.  i'm not suprised that it didn't end last night.  he should have been yanked and parked a few games ago for outright stinking up the joint.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Rajon Rondo : this is nothing new.  it's been happening any time rondo hasn't hustled since he became the pre-annointed starter.  and up until now those have been fairly isolated instances where extremely bad conduct by rondo has been shown- and he was never yanked. i remember a particular game vs. toronto about 2 years ago when rondo just wasn't trying.  he needed a break to pull his head together and he wasn't given one. he's never been given one. for some reason, this team, despite having 3 automatic HOF people on it, only treats rondo with the kid gloves. it should have changed a long time ago.  every time this guy gets annhilated on the pick and roll defense he should be brought out of the game and talked to by the coaches and if no results in improvement, then benched. that's how talent management and reluctant talent development challenges have always been conquered.  but they have invented a new system for dealing with rondo: do nothing. i hope it ends soon.  i'm not suprised that it didn't end last night.  he should have been yanked and parked a few games ago for outright stinking up the joint.
    Posted by aciemvp

My guess is that doc would have preferred to lose with Rondo running the show than to win with Arroyo leading the way.

In the case of the latter, how in the world do you console Rondo's rage? 

By confronting him? And then what does daddy doc do when Rondo shows even more defiance?

Talk about a nuclear meltdown.... this time not in Japan.... right here in Beantown.

Thomas Paine once said... "Lead, follow... or step aside." Who needs to hear that more at this point?

Rondo for sure. Doc too.

And from whose mouth? How about doc for starts. If not him,  then KG needs to put on his manpants and tell them both about the importance of leadership.

This is likely KG's last fling.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Rondo, here goes-
     your free throw "shooting" is ridiculously insufficient for a "point guard" on a "championship contender". Speaking as one who doesnt have anywhere near the natural talent you do, I am ashamed to check your stats and find you at 54% from the line and 30% from the floor. It seems to me a simple lack of practice, effort and pride. Like your protesting your highly paid job. Please TRY.  I can still hit 70% from the line though I havent played since high school. Please get over the Perkins trade. if you continue to play this way and the big 3 lose their window in 2011, YOU may be next on the trading block. YOU ARE awesome to watch when you wanna win, but Im not seeing that Rondo of late. Get it together real soon dude.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Yup I have read all your posts and I agree with the pud,the dud, acie and the rest of you. The Celtics will not win in the play-offs without the real Rondo, thanks guys for convincing me...

Sections
Shortcuts