1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Deep an talented Nets team

This team is stacked:

Williams / Taylor / Livingston

Johnson / Terry

Pierce / AK47 / Shengalia

KG / Evans / Blatche / Teletovic

Lopez / Plumlee

Watching Plumlee's explosiveness and athleticism in summer league, having Evans on a ridiculously affordable deal, Blatche showing a comback last season and having the Wiz pay him, getting the HUGE upgrade at PF and SF with the Celtics trade, and now getting AK47 for pennies ...

STACKED

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Re: Deep an talented Nets team

Yep, I will be cheering for them next year in the playoffs, would love to see KG and Pierce get one more ring. That is, as long as they arn't playing the C's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Baring injuries, this team should be favored to play the Heat in the ECF in 2014. Not great news for trader Danny and that 2014 first round pick.

I think Doc would jeezz his pants over the lineup possibilities. Just the fact that you can have either Lopez or KG on the floor for the entire game ... pairing KG and Evans, KG and Blatche, Lopez and KG.

PP and KG finally have help at their spots. AK47 is a starter on a .500 team. They can go super-small with DWill, Terry, JJ, Pierce, Lopez and really stretch the floor ...

Yikes! I think I might be turning into a Nets fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to KillaCam2010's comment:

Yep, I will be cheering for them next year in the playoffs, would love to see KG and Pierce get one more ring. That is, as long as they arn't playing the C's.

Can you imagine if they squeeze into the 1 spot and the Celtics squeeze into the 8th spot.

Round1: Nets v. Celtics

Round2: Nets v. Knicks

ECF: Nets v. Miami

Stern Wins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

They look old and slow to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

AK47 is a great signing.  He will give them defensive minutes on Carmello and Lebron.  Pierce cannot run after these guys for 40 minutes anymore.  They will share the playing time and defensive tasks. 

On paper the team looks scary good.  Will they share the ball and all be happy though?  If Pop coached that team, he would put Pierce or Johnson as a 6th man.  They both have big egos, so I am not sure Kidd will be able to manage them. 

Johnson and Pierce are overpaid.  AK47, Evans, and Blatche have cheap contracts, so it evens out in the end.  When you have an owner willing to pay anything to win, you can buy yourself a nice roster in the NBA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

IF they can stay healthy, they can contend. i still wonder if it's too big a risk to trust all of this to jason kidd, who hasn't coached before. to me, if you're going "all in" like NJ is doing, you don't entrust that kind of investment to a rookie coach who may not command the respct of guys who are nearly his age. but that's just me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Lawrence Frank is the assistant coach on paper, but he will probably be much more than that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to KillaCam2010's comment:

I wish them the best.I hope they gel together and become a power house,go to the finals in the east beat the miami team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I hope they lose every game, since we have their first round draft picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i think the nets will come up way short if they lean on KG / Pierce for starter efforts and THINK that either or both will do heavy lifting in the playoffs IF they are played reg season over 25 mins / game. 

the celts overused both of these cats badly the last three years.  to be OLD and ELITE you have to go really light on the old players for the reg season but keep them well conditioned and ready to go.  doc didn't do that.  partially last season because we had no back up to rondo (again) and pierce had to try to play point guard which really worked out poorly.  jersey won't do that but you look at what they have and imagine pierce and kg at a combined 20 ppg and then figure out where the rest of the scoring comes from.....   i can't quite figure it out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I hope they lose every game, since we have their first round draft picks.

Oh, absolutely.

Its absurd to think that you're going to go out and watch all the BKN v. CHA type games. I'm talking playoffs. I hope they lose as much as possible so we can get a better pick, but I hope they are the super-team that can beat the heat in the post season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

i think the nets will come up way short if they lean on KG / Pierce for starter efforts and THINK that either or both will do heavy lifting in the playoffs IF they are played reg season over 25 mins / game. 

the celts overused both of these cats badly the last three years.  to be OLD and ELITE you have to go really light on the old players for the reg season but keep them well conditioned and ready to go.  doc didn't do that.  partially last season because we had no back up to rondo (again) and pierce had to try to play point guard which really worked out poorly.  jersey won't do that but you look at what they have and imagine pierce and kg at a combined 20 ppg and then figure out where the rest of the scoring comes from.....   i can't quite figure it out.

There are major differences here.  The Nets actually have a 5.  So KG will be playing 4.  He will be backed up by Blatche or Kirilenko or Evans, depending upon the matchup.  The Nets will have serious issues if KG has to play 5.  They will be really exposed at 4.

I think that if Joe Johnson finds a shooting niche, the Nets will have a really good half court game.  They will likely be playing a slow down game so the KG and Pierce can contribute a larger percentage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

There are major differences here.  The Nets actually have a 5.  So KG will be playing 4.  He will be backed up by Blatche or Kirilenko or Evans, depending upon the matchup.  The Nets will have serious issues if KG has to play 5.  They will be really exposed at 4.

I think that if Joe Johnson finds a shooting niche, the Nets will have a really good half court game.  They will likely be playing a slow down game so the KG and Pierce can contribute a larger percentage.

blatche will be a major project for KG- i thought when blatche was a rook, before the "double hooker" incident in toronto and the "living in the stadium because he was broke" that he might be the next KG.  but yikes.  blatche has never contributed a damn thing on a team that was going ANYwhere.

johnson & pierce could wind up to be a poisonous mix if either/both do not "get their touches".  pierce was never made into the 6th man that he should have been by doc the blochead rivers so he's got to start from ground zero on learning about "less touches can mean more wins".....

don't get me wrong- NJ will be better than we were last year, i just think the tall russian is a bozo for winging his money around the way he is FOR THE PARTS HE"S GOTTEN.  for 186 million down the tubes, i want a team that stands a great chance to topple Miami.  i don't see any 3/4 defensive stoppers there.  nor any 2 defensive stoppers.  and so, lebwrong and wade will probably step all over them.  you have to make up a lot of distance with BROOK lopez, hope his rebounding per min stays up career high like it was last year.

they could come out of the east.  but if i was the ruskie i'd keep tinkering.  kirilenko could either be a complete flat liner or give you something meaningful, about 50/50.  and he spent 15 million plus on that 50/50 bet after lux tax.  (:-O

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

blatche will be a major project for KG- i thought when blatche was a rook, before the "double hooker" incident in toronto and the "living in the stadium because he was broke" that he might be the next KG.  but yikes.  blatche has never contributed a damn thing on a team that was going where.

johnson & pierce could wind up to be a poisonous mix if either/both do not "get their touches".  pierce was never made into the 6th man that he should have been by doc the blochead rivers so he's got to start from ground zero on learning about "less touches can mean more wins".....

don't get me wrong- NJ will be better than we were last year, i just think the tall russian is a bozo for winging his money around the way he is FOR THE PARTS HE"S GOTTEN.  for 186 million down the tubes, i want a team that stands a great chance to topple Miami.  i don't see any 3/4 defensive stoppers there.  nor any 2 defensive stoppers.  and so, lebwrong and wade will probably step all over them.  you have to make up a lot of distance with robin lopez, hope his rebounding per min stays up career high like it was last year.

they could come out of the east.  but if i was the ruskie i'd keep tinkering.  kirilenko could either be a complete flat liner or give you something meaningful, about 50/50.  and he spent 15 million plus on that 50/50 bet after lux tax.  (:-O

[/QUOTE]

Hey, as long as the Russian bozo finances the league and keeps sending draft picks the Celtics way, I am happy.  I hope the Nets click.  Paul Pierce and KG are both very versatile and smart players.  I would be very happy if these guys and get another ring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

the celts overused both of these cats badly the last three years.

KG played less than Tim Duncan this year and not much more the year before!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Nets are built for the post season.

I don't think that integration will be that tough for them. With Frank as an assistant to teach Docs method, and KG to be the example of pass first basketball, and defense. the integration should not be as painful as other super teams. The nets hired the leaders of the team first prototype, and they will likely do well.

Kirelenko was a great addition. He is a defensive beast, able to guard Lebron as well as almost anyone. At 6'9" and a 7'4" wing span, he and the Nets will be able team defend Lebron, like the Celtics did when he was in Cleveland.

On offense:

There will be no cheating off Nets offensive players. All are offensive threats.

It is likely that KG and Pierce will play limited minutes during the regular season, now that the bench is also strong. During the pay-offs, look for them to play as many minutes as it takes.

I like their chances against anyone.

It will be a pleasent distraction while we try to survive lottery ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

I don't think that integration will be that tough for them. With Frank as an assistant to teach Docs method, and KG to be the example of pass first basketball, and defense. the integration should not be as painful as other super teams. The nets hired the leaders of the team first prototype, and they will likely do well.

Kirelenko was a great addition. He is a defensive beast, able to guard Lebron as well as almost anyone. At 6'9" and a 7'4" wing span, he and the Nets will be able team defend Lebron, like the Celtics did when he was in Cleveland.

On offense:

There will be no cheating off Nets offensive players. All are offensive threats.

It is likely that KG and Pierce will play limited minutes during the regular season, now that the bench is also strong. During the pay-offs, look for them to play as many minutes as it takes.

AK47 (can you call him that any more?) cannot play a whole game of defense on lebron.  kirilenko is another one of those 33 year old 18 year veterans from Russia- the guy has been playing forever, has been injured a lot.

GREAT STUFF for spot duty and to tandem WITH SOMEONE ELSE to fill in 48 mins trying to befuddle lebron, but he can't be the only one trying to do it.  pierce is flat out ineffective at trying to guard lebron any more. 

NJ will be good but a bunch of ?'s unanswered so far as to how they beat the heat

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On offense:

AK47 (can you call him that any more?) cannot play a whole game of defense on lebron.  kirilenko is another one of those 33 year old 18 year veterans from Russia- the guy has been playing forever, has been injured a lot.

GREAT STUFF for spot duty and to tandem WITH SOMEONE ELSE to fill in 48 mins trying to befuddle lebron, but he can't be the only one trying to do it.  pierce is flat out ineffective at trying to guard lebron any more. 

NJ will be good but a bunch of ?'s unanswered so far as to how they beat the heat

[/QUOTE]

You may be right about AK47, (I thought he was 32) however, with their line up he won't have to play a full game.

Your right about the questions, but with Frank, KG and Pierce, I like their chances of integration.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Its good to see so many positive well wishes for the former C's. There are a lot of class guys on this board. I personally think they matchup better with Miami than any team since the big 3 (bron, wade, boash) were put together. I think the Nets will end the heats title run. GO KG, PP, and JET!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

Its good to see so many positive well wishes for the former C's. There are a lot of class guys on this board. I personally think they matchup better with Miami than any team since the big 3 (bron, wade, boash) were put together. I think the Nets will end the heats title run. GO KG, PP, and JET!!!!!

i think a lot of that depends on how chicago turns out.  the nets could be a sleeper 3rd in the east next year.....  and if kirilenko or any of the aged parts of the nets get hurt (AK47 the most hurt recently of all) then it could spell big trouble. 

if everything goes well it will be an interesting team to watch- still many tightropes to walk with age.  many don't remember that the last "OLD" team to win it was the 72 lakers!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Your right, they are "old".

The thing that I have to admire about the Nets management, including Kid, is that they recognized their team's weakness' and filled the gap nicely.

Teams with young studs, have players that need to get their shots, and minutes to make their rep and paycheck. Veterans, especially KG, have established their rep and made their paychecks. Winning is the most important thing. While I could never see Howard and Kobe coexisting, I can see KG and Pierce leading by example, passing the ball, and playing defense. I think that Nets management saw the missing intangible and tangilble ingredients, got them, and are making a championship cake.

They may be old, but in the playoffs, where there are no back to back games, I think they can still play at a high level. If you throw in a great supporting cast, they no longer need to do everything themselves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I like the way they are built. They haveeverything you need to win. KG is going to turn Lopez into a beast. Johnson is going to get so many open looks. AK47 will get all the tough defensive assignments. Terry may win 6th man of the year because he will be a scoring machine off the bench.

If they stay healthy, they beat the HEAT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Your right, the biggest variable should be health.