Defense not rebounding mentioned by Doc as the way to beat the Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Defense not rebounding mentioned by Doc as the way to beat the Heat

I read this short article where Doc calls for getting to the free throw line as a way of getting his defense set up against the Heat.  Rebounding is not mentioned.  It will against the Lakers and now Philly.  Doc seems to know what he wants,  I just don't understand why he can't see the void in rebounding for this team.

Rivers also stressed the need for his team to get to the free throw line more and said the best way to beat Miami would be to engage them in a "thinking meet" and not a "track meet."

"We have to get to the foul line because when you get to the foul line -- that's one of the big things now in our league -- if you can get to the foul line, you can become a dominant defensive team because you get to set your defense every single time," Rivers said. "If you keep missing shots against Miami, you're going to let them run back and forth. I told our guys, 'I'm smart enough to know that if we get in a track meet with Miami, they're probably going to win, but if we get in a thinking meet, we will win that game.' We want them to think. We want them to play under thought, not with their instincts."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Defense not rebounding mentioned by Doc as the way to beat the Heat

If R9R had been practicing his FT shooting instead of taking an internship at GQ Magazine, I'd be a whole lot more optimistic that the Cs would be getting to the FT line as Doc suggests they need to avoid a track meet with the Heat.

When your ASPG averages 3.5 FTA and 2 FTM per game.... that doesn't slow down the Heat/help the defense set up... and obviously won't cut it.

However, the good news is that he  averages 5 REBs so maybe doc thinks that rebounding is a non-issue.

WRONG!

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Every season  is supposed to be different.

However clogged toilet offense is still clogged toilet offense, no matter how you try to flush it.

It all starts with a PG who draws no defender and balks at getting to the FT line.

Pud

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rebounding and 4th quarter scoring is the way to beat the Heat. If we score 13 to 15 points in the 4th we will lose, if we can score 20 to 25 points in the 4th we will win!! 

I'm back from vacation, and ready for the season to start!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rebounding and 4th quarter scoring is the way to beat the Heat. If we score 13 to 15 points in the 4th we will lose, if we can score 20 to 25 points in the 4th we will win!! 

Nice to see your old avatar back. I've missed it.

How about RG3? He's a keeper. I just bought NFL  Sunday Ticket.

Skins will be very competitive if they can avoid injuries.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Nice to see your old avatar back. I've missed it.

How about RG3? He's a keeper. I just bought NFL  Sunday Ticket.

Skins will be very competitive if they can avoid injuries.

Pud

I have no idea how my old avatar got back. I wouldn't trade RG3 for any quarterback in the league!!  If they don't show the skins on tv this week, i'm buying the Sunday ticket!!  How bout them Braves!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

RG3 is a blast to watch. Leadership, poise, discipline, humility, flair and skillset to the max.... the total package.

He  lives for the big play. YOWZA!

Dunno who you would trade him for.... or why.

$199 for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Can't beat that.

Punch on the wide screen plasma tv and fire up the DVD.

Put on a fresh Depends, grab a brewski and kickback.

Life is good. The 'Skins are b-a-c-k... and RFK is jumpin'!!!

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts