DEFENSE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

DEFENSE

I noticed even back in the second preseason game how bad our defense was.  Of course I was like everyone else,  I thought Doc would get it straightened out.  (I still believe that)   Bottom line though is we give up way to many baskets point blank, especially when it is from a half court set.  We won't win many games if this continues.  If we can't do any better than that, then we need to be running a zone.  I would rather take my chances with teams shooting from the outside than to just give up layups.

I do believe it takes time to gel but these guys play basketball everyday,  their profession.  Is it really that hard to know where your suppose to be?  These guys must not be that smart or I had their athletic ability way over rated. Again I would rather run a zone until these guys "learn" how to play our extremely difficult defensive sets. 

Same with our offense.  I know it takes time to gel but how hard can it be to learn a offense.  Same for the Laker team.  If these guys can't learn this offense then they are going to have a tough time in the real world.  

Again if its this hard, Doc needs to simplify some things.  I have doubts about some NBA players if they could even be a operator at my chemical plant.  It may be too difficult too actually get the product out, put in a bag, and stack it. 

Another subject- running.  I was expecting to see this team running.  We saw a small spurt in the Miami game.  Please don't tell me they don't know how to run.  We flat out don't push the ball.  That is on Doc.  He have a guard oriented team,  have speed,  Doc elects to play small ball, yet we don't run. You don't have to get a steal to run.  You get the ball out of the basket and push it.  Its very easy.  If you don't get a layup or good shot,  you have a extra 6-8 seconds to get a good shot.

OK  I am through venting.  I know,  be patient.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: DEFENSE

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't worry, the Celts will be 2-2 after they play the Wizards back to back.

[/QUOTE]

I never worry.  I just get pissed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Don't worry, the Celts will be 2-2 after they play the Wizards back to back.

[/QUOTE]

I never worry.  I just get pissed.

[/QUOTE]

Here's my explanation to why the defense is not good.

When you can't keep up with your man and your teammates need to help, that screws up the defense because the defensive rotation will eventually break down.

Against the Heat, the Celts needed to ALWAYS double Lebron and Wade. That means there will be Heat shooters open.

Last night, Jennings was beating Rondo 1 on 1. When that happened Jennings could either score himself or pass it to an open teammate.

The Miami Heat's secret on defense is simple, the Heat players can hold their own against the man they're guarding.

[/QUOTE]

Thats why I would like to see the zone throwed out there periodically.  What you just said is the same problems we have faced the last two years.  We have talked about it on this board numerous times.   Its not just the Heat and Bucks,  its a recurring problem.  Its the whole team too, not just Rondo. I was told at a young age to keep the guy in front of me.  If we can't do that Doc better come up with something.  We found a way around it last year until the end.  Its rearing its ugly  head again.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a good thing the Celts play today. Getting a win will make us fans feel better.

[/QUOTE]

ageed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a good thing the Celts play today. Getting a win will make us fans feel better.

I hope that you are right.  It will be very discouraging if they also lose tonight.  I am thankful that I decided not to attend the game last night.  I have attended the season opener many times in the past. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The fact that I have no idea what's gonna happen tonight is concerning. A home to road back to back. Not a good spot. No result would surprise me. But I think the cs are gonna play pissed off tonight and win a close game. 96-91.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fact that I have no idea what's gonna happen tonight is concerning. A home to road back to back. Not a good spot. No result would surprise me. But I think the cs are gonna play pissed off tonight and win a close game. 96-91.

[/QUOTE]
    I hope that you are right.  They do sometimes play better after a disappointing loss. 

Sections
Shortcuts