Definition of a Point Guard...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Definition of a Point Guard...

http://en.mimi.hu/basketball/point_guard.html

this is just for the select few.....you know who you are.  I looked over this whole link as well as others, and all its keeps saying is that the pg is the most important and hardest position to play and that the pg is usually the smallest , fastest of the starting 5.  It sais he needs to have good ball handling and be able to pass the ball and be a playmaker.

I looked and saw that Rondo was 2nd in the league this year in assists behind Nashy boy.  Nash plays in the west-coast where they run track and get much more FGA's.  Rondo was 2nd in steals behind C.Paul

He did not lead the league in turnovers for a pg as some would have you believe, that was R.Westbrook.

Rondo was 3rd amongst pg's in fg percentage behind Nash and Curry(great shooter).  I have heard all year how Rondo has not been attacking the basket as he used to, and I have noticed it drop off as well, so we must assume he is taking mostly jumpers compared to other pg's, yet he is still 3rd in fg percentage?!  How does a terrible shooter accomplish that?  Yet I keep hearing about how we miss Tony Allen.  Now his position is SG, shooting guard.  That means his job is to shoot, and he is a worse shooter than Rondo, and yet still gets more props and he isnt even playing here anymore.  I just dont get it.  Can anyone expain this for me.  Could it be all those people bashing Rondo were telling stories?  I thought this was an honest forum...lol 

Fire AwAy!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Definition of a Point Guard...

In Response to Definition of a Point Guard...:
    [QUOTE]http://en.mimi.hu/basketball/point_guard.html this is just for the select few.....you know who you are.  I looked over this whole link as well as others, and all its keeps saying is that the pg is the most important and hardest position to play and that the pg is usually the smallest , fastest of the starting 5.  It sais he needs to have good ball handling and be able to pass the ball and be a playmaker. I looked and saw that Rondo was 2nd in the league this year in assists behind Nashy boy.  Nash plays in the west-coast where they run track and get much more FGA's.  Rondo was 2nd in steals behind C.Paul He did not lead the league in turnovers for a pg as some would have you believe, that was R.Westbrook. Rondo was 3rd amongst pg's in fg percentage behind Nash and Curry(great shooter).  I have heard all year how Rondo has not been attacking the basket as he used to, and I have noticed it drop off as well, so we must assume he is taking mostly jumpers compared to other pg's, yet he is still 3rd in fg percentage?!  How does a terrible shooter accomplish that?  Yet I keep hearing about how we miss Tony Allen.  Now his position is SG, shooting guard.  That means his job is to shoot, and he is a worse shooter than Rondo, and yet still gets more props and he isnt even playing here anymore.  I just dont get it.  Can anyone expain this for me.  Could it be all those people bashing Rondo were telling stories?  I thought this was an honest forum...lol  Fire AwAy!!!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You're right, You just don't get it!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

hahaha.  If you haven't been able to comprehend the many dozens of posts that clearly "explain" it, then I'm afraid that nobody can help to you.  You either simply ignore the salient points or you don't have the intelligence to understand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Definition of a Point Guard...:
    http://en.mimi.hu/basketball/point_guard.html this is just for the select few.....you know who you are.  I looked over this whole link as well as others, and all its keeps saying is that the pg is the most important and hardest position to play and that the pg is usually the smallest , fastest of the starting 5.  It sais he needs to have good ball handling and be able to pass the ball and be a playmaker. I looked and saw that Rondo was 2nd in the league this year in assists behind Nashy boy.  Nash plays in the west-coast where they run track and get much more FGA's.  Rondo was 2nd in steals behind C.Paul He did not lead the league in turnovers for a pg as some would have you believe, that was R.Westbrook. Rondo was 3rd amongst pg's in fg percentage behind Nash and Curry(great shooter).  I have heard all year how Rondo has not been attacking the basket as he used to, and I have noticed it drop off as well, so we must assume he is taking mostly jumpers compared to other pg's, yet he is still 3rd in fg percentage?!  How does a terrible shooter accomplish that?  Yet I keep hearing about how we miss Tony Allen.  Now his position is SG, shooting guard.  That means his job is to shoot, and he is a worse shooter than Rondo, and yet still gets more props and he isnt even playing here anymore.  I just dont get it.  Can anyone expain this for me.  Could it be all those people bashing Rondo were telling stories?  I thought this was an honest forum...lol  Fire AwAy!!!
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I appreciate the attempt at the Dotoyevsky but here is all you need to know......

A pass first point guard is a code word for a point guard that is incomplete and cannot shoot.....  a shoot first point guard is a popular term in Boston because it has a negative conotation and it is a code word for complete player..... so if you are a point guard that does all the things that are required of a point guard you are a shoot first point guard and in Boston that is a bad thing... however if you are a pass first point guard that makes you popular in Boston and you support it by saying things like - they don't need Rondo to score, they have plenty of scoring and of course that is why they put up 87 points against one of the worst defenses in the league and were in the bottom third in the league in scoring, and absolutely most importantly you get announcers to say the opponent is granted the opportunity to say we don't need to guard Rondo so we can pack the paint and take away one or more of their best players.....

good thing we have a pass first point guard......  other than perhaps Billups nobody had a worse game than Rondo.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This smells like....

Troll BAIT!!!!!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Bump, bump bump it up!

Oooopsie, Rondo scored 30 tonight so I guess he can score if he needs to, and he did cuz the big 3 were playing crappy early on..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know what you want to call Rondo but he came up huge tonight.

Douglas should bring a red towel and wear a matadors hat next game.

Lets hope ROndo can keep that pressure on the rest of the way

Sections
Shortcuts