Deja Vu all over again from last season...REBOUNDING IS NOT A STRENGH !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Deja Vu all over again from last season...REBOUNDING IS NOT A STRENGH !!!

We were last in the league last year rebounding. We've got many new players & some very athletic, young & quick wing players so they should be able to compete well with other 6'8", 6'9" forwards picking up rebounds. But in the post, other than KG, we are weak. Sully & Wilcox still not tall enough & Darko remains to be seen what help he'll be.

WE ARE STILL, AS LAST YEAR, A JUMP SHOOTING TEAM and we have some good shooters but need to shoot 50% to make up for losing rebound battles.

Last year I was envious of Laker twin towers, Bynum & Gasol, but other than Kobe, they had no stars to make them compete for finals. Again, this year they've got twin towers, and aging Kobe & Nash but the rest of the cast is not as good as ours and they have not jelled yet.

I don't know who's out there for us. I'd like to get Pau Gasol who I think still has 2-3 more good years and I don't think he's happy in LA. Can we give up Bass & some draft picks...dunno !!! Would love too to get Varejao giving up the same. I don't know who else is available but I'd love a strong inside presence to play with KG and relieve him.

Of course, the Heat do not have a dominating center and size wise they are no taller than us but they do have LEBRON !!!

Any suggestions ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Deja Vu all over again from last season...REBOUNDING IS NOT A STRENGH !!!

Yes, show a little patience, then, right before the playoffs, trade Green and Bass - to two different teams, and get back Millsap and a backup SF.

That should do it!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

We were last in the league last year rebounding. We've got many new players & some very athletic, young & quick wing players so they should be able to compete well with other 6'8", 6'9" forwards picking up rebounds. But in the post, other than KG, we are weak. Sully & Wilcox still not tall enough & Darko remains to be seen what help he'll be.

WE ARE STILL, AS LAST YEAR, A JUMP SHOOTING TEAM and we have some good shooters but need to shoot 50% to make up for losing rebound battles.

Last year I was envious of Laker twin towers, Bynum & Gasol, but other than Kobe, they had no stars to make them compete for finals. Again, this year they've got twin towers, and aging Kobe & Nash but the rest of the cast is not as good as ours and they have not jelled yet.

I don't know who's out there for us. I'd like to get Pau Gasol who I think still has 2-3 more good years and I don't think he's happy in LA. Can we give up Bass & some draft picks...dunno !!! Would love too to get Varejao giving up the same. I don't know who else is available but I'd love a strong inside presence to play with KG and relieve him.

Of course, the Heat do not have a dominating center and size wise they are no taller than us but they do have LEBRON !!!

Any suggestions ???

I have another one - but this would NEVER happen - for various reasons.  Trades need to help both teams.......so, with D'Antoni's system, the MOST expendable player becomes Gasol.....(since Peace is a dead contract)..they also need spot up jump shooters, and athleticism..........so, the trade would be Green and Bass for Gasol.  Not sure if the numbers work, but those would be the main players.  Lekers would have to cut Jamison, btw

Lakers top 9-  Nash/ Blake

Kobe/Meeks

Peace/Green

Bass/Hill

Howard

while losing a little in the rebounding dept, under D'Antoni's system, this team might be better than the one they have now.  They could upgrade at PG on their own, but they can't have Bradley or Sully.

WE would have

Rondo/Barbosa

Bradley/Lee

Pierce/Terry (?)

KG/Sully

Gasol/Wilcox

We would need a backup SF, but one thing at a time......

Both teams are better, and the trade solves huge needs for both teams.  Like I said, it's just a pipe dream, and would never happen............but you asked for suggestions.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Last night Wilcox was a plus 16 and only played 11 minutes.

Bass was a minus 23 and played 30 minutes.

Play Wilcox more against big teams.

It's not rocket science, Doc.

Definitely agree with you.  It is so nice to have Wilcox back with the Celtics this season.  We really missed him last year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Last night Wilcox was a plus 16 and only played 11 minutes.

Bass was a minus 23 and played 30 minutes.

Play Wilcox more against big teams.

It's not rocket science, Doc.

I agree, and have said all along, Bass should come off the bench.  I don't know, Kirk, perhaps Wilcox is still recovering from his surgery.  He was doing well last year, can play the 4 or 5....what happened to Doc telling us he might START Darko on occassion?  How could he be any worse than what we have now?  Rondo, Lee, PP, KG and Darko.........play them for a few mins, then come in with Bass, Wilcox, Green and Terry...........come back with KG.  He needs to go with the hot players.  KC Jones did this, and it made me crazy.  One night Walton was clearly outplaying the Chief, and led us all the way back to give us the lead.  He subbed out Walton, put in Chief, and we lost..............keep the guys in who are doing well...I agree, it is not rocket science!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Keep spending the money in wings .... and fierce said another SF!!! 'cause this is a modern NBA and we don't need someone to anchor the middle. Center no longer needed!! AHA!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Doc was a guard.

He doesn't seem to appreciate the bigs.

I don't know....I do agree with you when you said he relies too much on KG...YES, I'll go along with that one!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

is Darko still living in Boston area?

still on the Celtics?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

The trade deadline is 2 months before the playoffs start.

Why would the Lakers trade Gasol for Bass and draft picks?

The Lakers need youth and speed.

Players like Brandon Bass are almost a dime a dozen.

Have a Blessed Day!

Because Gasol is a nineteen million dollar player who give them little with Howard there.  Bass, possibly Green and package of young quick players would fill a void for the geriatric legs of their key players.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Suns are in rebuilding mode.

Any thoughts on  Gortat?

I  think he'd be a good fit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

kenyon martin anyone ?

Sections
Shortcuts