Delonte, Done!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Delonte, Done!

This could really throw a huge monkey wrench into us repeating as Eastern Conference Champs....This might be more devasting tham losing Perk. That window is looking more like a peep hole right now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Delonte, Done!

Same ankle he hurt earlier this season. Hope for the best!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree on what a loss this is.  Huge.  As I mentioned in another thread, he was our best player in the game up to that point and I was inspired to see him on such roll.  He may not be done for the season though.  At least I haven't heard anything about that yet.  Just done for the night.  We'll know soon enough, but it may not be as bad as the last one. 

For what it's worth, I used to get a lot of ankle sprains in my playing days and there were times where even though I was reinjuring the same ankle, it was minor by comparison and I didn't miss much time.

Sending good thoughts Delonte's way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Doc caused it all, he screwed up the game with his sub pattern, Bradlely in the first mainly, West was having a great game, and Doc with his nitwit coaching got the entire team out of whack with his sub patterns which made little or no sense.  West got out of rhythum during this mess and got hurt.  Doc must not want to win this game.  West had one of the best quarters going I seen lately and here come Doc with Bradlely and they he yanks Green and Baby.  Shoot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte, Done!:
    [QUOTE]Doc caused it all, he screwed up the game with his sub pattern, Bradlely in the first mainly, West was having a great game, and Doc with his nitwit coaching got the entire team out of whack with his sub patterns which made little or no sense.  West got out of rhythum during this mess and got hurt.  Doc must not want to win this game.  West had one of the best quarters going I seen lately and here come Doc with Bradlely and they he yanks Green and Baby.  Shoot.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

So it's Doc's fault for having West in the game when he got hurt? LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Man, Delonte is one fragile guy. Can he play 5 games without getting injured??

Talk about "Glass Joe" from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out...

Sheesh...

Undecided

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

The guy fell on his ankle was a freak play just part of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well, I sure hope it's not serious though that would be just our luck...  He is one of the few players here - THESE days - who just hustles like his life depends on it.  Even when he does't get results I still generally like him in there, and we sure could have used him down the stretch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Nice job Ainge! Might as well have kept Quis smh...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bradley was inserted twice in the game tonight at key times, Doc knew exactly who he wanted to play and if he had left West along and let him continue on the great game he had going early , the accident might not have happened.  You should play to win or not play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree with Tom.  Hindsight is really 20-20.  If West is OK, then something good will have come out of tonight.  It would be the only good thing other than the bench getting some scrimmage time together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Doc caused it all, he screwed up the game with his sub pattern, Bradlely in the first mainly, West was having a great game, and Doc with his nitwit coaching got the entire team out of whack with his sub patterns which made little or no sense.  West got out of rhythum during this mess and got hurt.  Doc must not want to win this game.  West had one of the best quarters going I seen lately and here come Doc with Bradlely and they he yanks Green and Baby.  Shoot.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

This could be the worst post all year.  The coach is responsible for a player having someone run up behind him and step on his ankle?  If the coach had him in rhythm, then he would have been out of the way of the collision and not hurt his ankle, huh?

Wow.  I would never have thought of that one!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Man, Delonte is one fragile guy. Can he play 5 games without getting injured?? Talk about "Glass Joe" from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out... Sheesh...
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And some on this board had the audacity to compare him to the Laker's Derek Fisher. Fish is one tough little SOB who  RARELY misses time due to injuries and is a proven winner.

There IS no comparison.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

A player's toughness is shown through their actions. Delonte chases anyone down, regardless of size or speed, dives for lose balls, plays lockdown d, and will play through just about any contact. Fisher, on the other hand, flops on three point attempts, flops on blocks, cheats on screens, and has tearful moments of self-appreciation after 2 games of a playoff series. Sounds pretty tough, QDADDY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Any solid contributor to the team will be missed, and Delonte will be missed if he can not play. However, it is unlikely that he will be the difference between winning and losing.

In the play-offs, it is likely that Rondo will return to focused play just like in  last year's play-offs. It is also likely that he will play 38 to 40 minutes per game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I wonder about our training staff sometimes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yeah, I do too.  You can't really help it. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yeah, every game at this point...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte, Done! : Fisher is the Queen of the Floppers. And what kind of person cheers for a rapist?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Fish has GUIDED 5 Laker teams to NBA titles. Delonte can't stay on the floor. Rapist?! I'm not aware of ANY Laker player being convicted of such a charge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]A player's toughness is shown through their actions. Delonte chases anyone down, regardless of size or speed, dives for lose balls, plays lockdown d, and will play through just about any contact. Fisher, on the other hand, flops on three point attempts, flops on blocks, cheats on screens, and has tearful moments of self-appreciation after 2 games of a playoff series. Sounds pretty tough, QDADDY
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Fisher, as has been pointed out by MANY of the announcers, is known for taking HARD charges by many of the players who think he's lost a step. It's the untrained eye OR those who make excuses, that see Fisher as a flopper. I'll let you decide which category you fall into. Delonte is as tough as a porcelain doll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte, Done! : Fisher, as has been pointed out by MANY of the announcers, is known for taking HARD charges by many of the players who think he's lost a step. It's the untrained eye OR those who make excuses, that see Fisher as a flopper. I'll let you decide which category you fall into. Delonte is as tough as a porcelain doll.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

What announcers would those be? JVG has said he's a flopper. Marc jackson has said he's a flopper. Logic reality not your strong points.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte, Done! : Fish has GUIDED 5 Laker teams to NBA titles. Delonte can't stay on the floor. Rapist?! I'm not aware of ANY Laker player being convicted of such a charge.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

aware of any hush money changing hands? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte, Done! : Fisher, as has been pointed out by MANY of the announcers, is known for taking HARD charges by many of the players who think he's lost a step. It's the untrained eye OR those who make excuses, that see Fisher as a flopper. I'll let you decide which category you fall into. Delonte is as tough as a porcelain doll.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    dude im with you about fish being a tough player...but to be in denial about him being a flopper or better yet in the top 2 floppers in the nba right behind ginobili is ABSURD..

Sections
Shortcuts