Delonte, Done!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Re: Delonte, Done!

In Response to Re: Delonte, Done!:
    Man, Delonte is one fragile guy. Can he play 5 games without getting injured?? Talk about "Glass Joe" from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out... Sheesh...
    Posted by Waynestarr

I really think this is from the meds he is on. Decaying bone density..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, I do too.  You can't really help it. 
    Posted by MsLithium21

Sometimes I can't help but wonder about our practices. Watching the 'Association' it looks like these guys are very competitive and go all out in practice yet the team is old and tends to fade at the end of the year. Also, there's been a couple of freak injuries that have come out of practice too.

Why not make PP, KG, and Rondo lower the intesity level in practice (this isn't 2007 anymore) and have Ray cut down a little on his pre-game routines, so we don't have to rest and nurse these guys so much towards the end of the year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yeah, these would be very tough decisions but certainly something to think about.  I hate the idea of ever telling these guys to turn down the intensity, but I remember my own playing days where I used to go full-out, all the time and was very injury prone as a result - including in practice.  Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and believe in your own dedication enough to save some fuel in the tank.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte, Done! : I really think this is from the meds he is on. Decaying bone density..
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

There may be something to that.  But even there, there are solutions.  I know from experience - as once injury-prone athlete - that it's amazing what the right combination of supplements featuring calcium can do.  And if I'm aware of this as an amateur, then I'm sure these pro's are too and are working on it!

Sections
Shortcuts