Delonte punches Wafer, might be released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

Delonte punches Wafer, might be released

According to Redsarmy.com and Alex Kennedy, Delonte and Wafer got into it after practice (Delonte probably torched him again). Wafer tried to walk away but Delonte ended up hitting him. It says they are considering releasing him and that Doc and the vets are not happy. This news is so frustarating for 2 reasons; 1. Delonte should know better and he was/is going to be a huge part of the team this year and 2. If we kept Stephane Lasme, this would've never occured. Delonte has been making Wafer look foolish in practice and it finally came to a boiling point 2 games into the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Re: Delonte punches Wafer, might be released

Sign Scottie R or Lester Hudson

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/10/26/1775984/scottie-reynolds-former-villanova-star-leaving-prima-veroli-because

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

Lester Hudson is on the Wizards and we need somebody that has proven they can play in the NBA. Hopefully Delonte gets his head on and stays with the team because he is the perfect fit, aside from craziness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Delonte punches Wafer, might be released:
    According to Redsarmy.com and Alex Kennedy, Delonte and Wafer got into it after practice (Delonte probably torched him again). Wafer tried to walk away but Delonte ended up hitting him. It says they are considering releasing him and that Doc and the vets are not happy. This news is so frustarating for 2 reasons; 1. Delonte should know better and he was/is going to be a huge part of the team this year and 2. If we kept Stephane Lasme, this would've never occured. Delonte has been making Wafer look foolish in practice and it finally came to a boiling point 2 games into the season.
    Posted by chuckhndrsn

His contract has no guarantee, I suppose this is the reason why. What kind of jacked up is this guy? I keep hearing about mental problems, what is wrong with him? Is he bipolar?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte punches Wafer, might be released:
    In Response to Delonte punches Wafer, might be released : His contract has no guarantee, I suppose this is the reason why. What kind of jacked up is this guy? I keep hearing about mental problems, what is wrong with him? Is he bipolar?
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Yeah he's bipolar.  Takes meds for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, if D West is starting crap with several teammates, hes gonna be gone.

Hes the last guy who should be starting anything. 10 game suspension, weapons charge, bangin Lebrons moms, no guaranteed contract, bipolar head case and on a teamfull of vets.

If hes this stupid or irreponsible for not taking his meds, then I say FK'm!

I thought hes be great coming off the bench for us.. exactly what we needed and he played great in preseason. But if hes doesnt get it and is ,essin up already and hasnt even played a minute for us... hes gonna be gone.

I hope hes on his knees begging Doc to stay and promising he wont miss another dose of his lithium. Idiot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Well, if D West is starting crap with several teammates, hes gonna be gone. Hes the last guy who should be starting anything. 10 game suspension, weapons charge, bangin Lebrons moms, no guaranteed contract, bipolar head case and on a teamfull of vets. If hes this stupid or irreponsible for not taking his meds, then I say FK'm! I thought hes be great coming off the bench for us.. exactly what we needed and he played great in preseason. But if hes doesnt get it and is ,essin up already and hasnt even played a minute for us... hes gonna be gone. I hope hes on his knees begging Doc to stay and promising he wont miss another dose of his lithium. Idiot!  
    Posted by Karllost

Is that story real? Did he really bang Lebron's mom? I keep hearing people say it, but it just sounds too crazy to be actually true.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

This just in from Adrian W's twitter account: West believed Wafer was responsible for published anonymous quote saying it was "obvious" when West hadn't taken his medicine, source says.
    Posted by fiorelladad

woooooooow, that's messed up on von's part. Not saying it's ok to punch somebody, but you can tell Wafer is mas he gets shown up by West everyday in practice. I really hope they don't cut Delonte. Screw Von Wafer, he didn't deserve Lasme's spot anyways

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte punches Wafer, might be released : Is that story real? Did he really bang Lebron's mom? I keep hearing people say it, but it just sounds too crazy to be actually true.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

To this day, no one knows why LeBron became so "disinterested" right in the middle of the playoffs with Boston last year -- many in Cleveland believe DeLonte and LeBron's mom had something to do with it!  Delonte was a distraction for the Cavs all last year.... The guy needs further professional help!   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, quite    don't let runrunrunarun find out thug Delonte punched Wafer...this thread will grow.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

ESP?      :))))))))

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Keep Delonte...heck if Wafer can't stop Delonte who the heck is he gonna stop in the league! Get real...C fans!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

This was all Delonte's doing.  There was a 3 on 3 scrimmage and he took to fouling wafer hard every time he touched the ball.  Then wafer had enough and left the floor, with deLOONte yelling obscenities after him.  THEN later on after wafer had showered and was seated getting dressed, deLOONte approached him from behind and sucker punched him IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD.  wafer got up and plugged deLOONte twice in the head with his own shots, took him down the floor and was proceeding to pound deLOONte's ugly mug into the ground when they were separated.

THIS is exactly why I said this signing was more experimental that jerlame o'neal.  not only is deLOONte constantly injured, he's nutty as a fruitcake.  i feel bad for the guy but i think he's done in the league.  from what i hear, he's already gone from the celts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I NEVER liked the signing in the first place. Get him his meds and get this clown out of here!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

This just in from Adrian W's twitter account: West believed Wafer was responsible for published anonymous quote saying it was "obvious" when West hadn't taken his medicine, source says.
    Posted by fiorelladad

w-o-w....it's gonna be an...interesting... season....

BEAT L. A. ....BEAT L. A. ....BEAT L. A. ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Fighting is wrong and Delonte does need to take his meds but... I dont know why we kept Von Wafer in the first place

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

C'S have gone from..."ubuntu"....

to the..."dirty dozen"....

all's well that ends well in ....banner #18...

anything less is ...."none flew over the cuckoo's nest"...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

You cut bait with Delonte West now, and you part with what could be necessary depth come playoff time. The thing about Delonte, along with his mental warts, comes a pretty healthy amount of talent for a very cheap acquisition's fee. From a talent perspective, I thought he was going to be one of the most important additions with Ray Allen's 35 year old legs. Say what you want, but Delonte West is in a different class than Von Wafer. The Celtics are a very veteran team, can't he be talked to, and taxed internally? The questions I have are where is the leadership of the Celtics, and how did they let this fester along to even reach this point? Now that this has become public dirty laundry, it has the potential to distract and disrupt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

You put him down like you would any bad dog..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

You cut bait with Delonte West now, and you part with what could be necessary depth come playoff time. The thing about Delonte, along with his mental warts, comes a pretty healthy amount of talent for a very cheap acquisition's fee. From a talent perspective, I thought he was going to be one of the most important additions with Ray Allen's 35 year old legs. Say what you want, but Delonte West is in a different class than Von Wafer. The Celtics are a very veteran team, can't he be talked to, and taxed internally? The questions I have are where is the leadership of the Celtics, and how did they let this fester along to even reach this point? Now that this has become public dirty laundry, it has the potential to distract and disrupt.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

I'm not real sure how the vets could have stopped this, It seemed to come pretty fast. I mean we are only on game three of the season and prior to that nothing but trash talking had occurred between the two. Not sure that warranted a sit down. 

I agree about Delonte's talent though and he played terrific during the pre-season. In my opinion it is way to early to think about cutting him. I mean, Michael Jordan punched Steve Kerr in the face during a bulls practice once. It's not that unusual. However, I think he can only get so much leeway. If this becomes a pattern it's best to cut our losses. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point. Delonte's got a lot of talent.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

distracting by his mental problems and disrupting continuity with injuries or other absences is all delonte does these days.  anyone ever wonder why we lumped him in with a deal to exit boston in the first place?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Most of you guys on this post are essentially on a witch hunt. Were any of you witnesses to whatever happenned in regards to West and Wafer? I'll answer that for you, "NO"
        Lay off these 2 guys and let the Celtics management deal with it. You don't even know what happenned. Get real.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Most of you guys on this post are essentially on a witch hunt. Were any of you witnesses to whatever happenned in regards to West and Wafer? I'll answer that for you, "NO"     Lay off these 2 guys and let the Celtics management deal with it. You don't even know what happenned. Get real.
    Posted by mem17

Yo, get real turd boy! Most of these responses have to do with team chemistry & Delontes value to this team down the road. If you can't handle opinions regarding everything Celtics you are in the wrong place......

D-West should know he is skating on thin ice as-is. Doc is not running a babysitting service. This is a big distraction, especially after a loss. On the other hand Von Wafer should not have made this team. He has not been lights out from 3 & not to mention didn't he get tossed from a preseason game with 2 T's? We need Lasme's athleticism. I think he could be a nice guy to spell Paul @ the 3.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

We've got at least two headcases in the backcourt. One is an allstar who is "hardheaded", borders on being "uncoachable", has a world of talent but lacks the confidence to take and  hit an open 12 footer or shoot FTs. 

He might very well need therapy.

The other is plenty coachable with a good stroke, bipolar and who may not take his meds regularly.

Bring in a good sports psychologist to treat the both.

Absolutely no shame in that.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts