Delonte Sighting at Logan Airport

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

Delonte Sighting at Logan Airport

Just read on redsarmy.com about a DWest sighting at Logan that was texted to Toucher & Rich and that he's here for a workout. Regardless of his legal/mental status, he can shoot, he hustles, and he is slightly above average defender. He's not tall but I don't see Portland biting at our 1st rounder since it is not going to be a high pick, so I don't see Rudy coming here. 6'3 i believe, slightly shorter than Tony Allen. This would be a great signing and I'd rather him than Wafer any day of the week

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Delonte Sighting at Logan Airport

Please no, I think Wafer would beat out West anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

i think we are alset on this.  wafer, nate the great, and bradley will do fine coming off the bench.  we need someone to take some minutes off of Paul's legs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrientalYakuza. Show OrientalYakuza's posts

Logan stopover to Cleveland to say goodbye to Mrs. James

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

West is much, much better than Von "DNP" Wafer...assuming he's on his meds.  They have a open roster spot and if they can't get Fernandez, it might as well be West. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

i like delontes game a lot.  cleveland was better w him on the court. i would be interested in what a cavs fan would say about him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Here's some stuff on Wafer:

Jeff Clark a very good basketball blogger:  http://www.celticsblog.com/2010/8/25/1650049/who-is-von-wafer

but really look at what Clark's buddy in Houston has to say: 

As for Von's game, I haven't seen him play in quite some time, so he may have improved on a few areas of his game since his stint in Houston. I think that people invested too much into Wafer's talent simply because he came out of NOWHERE and ran off a streak of miracle performances (you'll surely remember one of them) in the absence of Tracy McGrady. Oh, he's very good at certain things: dunking, outside shooting and pumping up the crowd (he was our Nate during his glory run his first few weeks on the job, crowd loved him). But he can't do anything more than fill the role of Instant Offense Off The Bench.

Wafer played a much more pivotal role in Houston's offense than he will in Boston's. He's a slasher who can drive if there's space, but he's not too keen with his dribble to be able to cross anyone over and create for himself. As his role increased in Houston, he began taking long two-point jumpers to counteract defenders jumping the pick and roll and banking on him shooting threes, something I don't think he will need to do with the Celtics. He's an above average three-point shooter, so while he is streaky, it's not one of those Rafer Alston one-game-per-week shooting streaks. His shot is his primary calling card.

I've actually got to run, but to add, he's not a great defender (never seemed to have the drive nor any reasonable form or technique), and my biggest pet peeve with him was that he hardly ever boxed out his defender, which led to a few extra rebounds by 6'5 guards on occasion. Then again, a nice dunk or two on the other end would normally get the mental lapses out of my mind, so in the end, I enjoyed Wafer's time in Houston and think that he should fit nicely into the role that I envision the Celtics will be giving him: instant offense, and not much else.

He acts like an indifferent defender in Boston and DNP really will be his nickname. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Either West or Hughes. Jerry Stackhouse, not sure wat shape he is in...Celtics need a defensive guy...Can West cover King James when C's play Miami...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

No, but he can cover King James' mother!. This guy is a blow up waiting to happen. Take a pasadena on him. Plus, he wouldn't be eligible to play until mid-November. If you are suspended, can you practise and travel with the team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

When did he play like he was "blowing up"?  His personal life has had some issues marked with some judgement issues and his mental illness.  He's been a pretty decent performer on the court.  His play is steadier than Hughes, Wafer, Robinson and Quis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The guy is creepy. Stay away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Delonte is by far the best player and the best fit for the Celtics of all the players still available.

I'd welcome West back with open arms and try to get him all the help he might need with his mental health issues.

The guys a tough gamer and now he'a savvy veteran.

No to the nay-sayers, Yes to Delonte!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I liked Delonte a lot during his years with the C's. However the C's have Avery Bradley who is about the same size and plays the same positions being the one and two spots. If Bradley hadn't been drafted by the C's I would be all for signing Delonte.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

I would think he could get much more than the veteran minimum.  Unless perhaps nobody wants to touch him due to this off court issues.  Not sure how I feel about this one; he can ball, but I can't see myself cheering for him even if he's wearing green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I saw James Posey eating a chili dog at Fenway. Plus Rudy Gay was licking a slurpee on Newbury Street. Man this team is gonna be great.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If Delonte was 6-5 or 6-6 then he would be worth the risk. The Celtics need a SF not a SG.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachceder. Show coachceder's posts

Delonte is a head case and I have heard from a reliable nba source that he is the single biggest factor of the cleveland cavalier demise. Some say he slept with Lebron's mother imploding the team. He is a chemistry killer. We need hungry guys that don't miss training camp for mental melt downs. Von Wafer is explosive and can flat out score. If healthy, having Von and Nate Robinson and big baby = flat out energy off the bench. Then you add shaq, eventually perkins, avery, luke, we got a squad. Bring on any team, including miami. It would be nice to pick up a wing though. I have NO CONFIDENCE in Marquis Daniels. Wish we would cut or trade him. Would be nice to pick up Larry Hughes or Rudy Fernandez.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte Sighting at Logan Airport:
    [QUOTE]Delonte is a head case and I have heard from a reliable nba source that he is the single biggest factor of the cleveland cavalier demise. Some say he slept with Lebron's mother imploding the team. He is a chemistry killer. We need hungry guys that don't miss training camp for mental melt downs. Von Wafer is explosive and can flat out score. If healthy, having Von and Nate Robinson and big baby = flat out energy off the bench. Then you add shaq, eventually perkins, avery, luke, we got a squad. Bring on any team, including miami. It would be nice to pick up a wing though. I have NO CONFIDENCE in Marquis Daniels. Wish we would cut or trade him. Would be nice to pick up Larry Hughes or Rudy Fernandez.
    Posted by coachceder[/QUOTE]

In August of 2010 a lot of people here totally had NO CONFIDENCE in Tony Allen. They wanted him and Scal to be shipped to the Pacers for Marquis Daniels in a sign and trade deal. What a difference a year makes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

You're right Fierce and I was one of the guys that wanted T.A and Scal traded. Not necessarily for Daniels though. I'm not giving up on Daniels yet. I recall him playing some good games during his years with the Mavericks and also before his thumb injury last season. I feel good about the C's current team. I think we all agree a sf that has some size and defensive skill would help.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

Von Wafer is crazy, too. not bipolar get arrested with the cache of a small militia crazy, but he's a headcase all the same. He got waived/left Greece and couldn't get back to the NBA with the Grizzlies or Rockets. The Mavs finally signed him and he still did nothing but barely play. He does not play hard, which is my biggest peeve. Scal obviously isn't the most talented, but he tried his best which earned him some character points. Delonte West is a hard worker. Hard work begets success. He has problems, but he is more apt to succeed than Wafer due to his work ethic. Von is gonna be in Doc's doghouse real quick. I think Ainge's biggest mistake was signing too many to guaranteed deals this summer. Harangody, I dont mind, I liked him in Notre Dame, but Von Wafer doesn't deserve a guaranteed spot and neither does Daniels or Delonte, much as I love him. Who else is there that is attainable that is better than Delonte West? Nobody.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In 2008 with Houston, Von Wafer was better than Delonte West.  I'll take my chances with Wafer over Delonte.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

The fact that delonte is in Boston doesn't mean a thing. Antoine Walker worked out there too

Sections
Shortcuts