Delonte still not 100%

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Delonte still not 100%

He will play tonight, but he has no rotation in his wrist, says it could take 6 more months to heal correctly!!  Ankle is sore, but no worse than anyone else's this time of year!!  I don't know if the Celtics can count on him or not this year! He could be a difference maker in the playoff's, if only he gets to play in the playoffs!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Delonte still not 100%

This is what happens when you rush players back.  This is why I cant understand why people need to see Shaq play right now.  He came in , showed we he can do, and when needed he will return.  Lessons learned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, 3 more weeks off and your wrist is not significantly better?  Did he tear something in the ankle?  He's played in a grand total of EIGHT GAMES and his health is no worse than anyone else's this time of the year.  That's amazing kyceltic.

He essentially has done nothing for the Celtics this season.  I cannot see how significantly injured he could be by playing just 8 games this season.  And if he truly is THAT injured, you might be onto something regarding NOT counting on him this season.  He could be a difference maker, IF he plays in the playoffs.

Honestly, I thought he'd return healthy and full of energy, ready to make an impact.  I mean, I thought the Celtics strategy was to NOT let guys return until they are 100%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

guess that's why we got arroyo...play him more...too bad about delonte, cuz he is fun to watch...definitely heavily impacted our season, playing without him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Don't get me started on West! Him and JON could go jump in a river for all I care. We can win a title without them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte still not 100%:
    [QUOTE]Don't get me started on West! Him and JON could go jump in a river for all I care. We can win a title without them.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It's completely ridiculous at this point. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

West won't be 100% this season, but time's running out for him. He's needs to play in whatever state of health he is and just gut it out. It's more important for him to get games in under his belt rather than sit another two weeks. He needs to play and soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, 3 more weeks off and your wrist is not significantly better?  Did he tear something in the ankle?  He's played in a grand total of EIGHT GAMES and his health is no worse than anyone else's this time of the year.  That's amazing kyceltic. He essentially has done nothing for the Celtics this season.  I cannot see how significantly injured he could be by playing just 8 games this season.  And if he truly is THAT injured, you might be onto something regarding NOT counting on him this season.  He could be a difference maker, IF he plays in the playoffs. Honestly, I thought he'd return healthy and full of energy, ready to make an impact.  I mean, I thought the Celtics strategy was to NOT let guys return until they are 100%.

The last couple of games he played before he hurt his ankle, i thought he played great. Maybe he will still be able to give us something in the playoffs. I was counting on him to spell both Ray and Rondo. This would be a big loss imo.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Don't get me started on West! Him and JON could go jump in a river for all I care. We can win a title without them.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You may be right, but it would be easier with them!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I think some of you guys are making way more of this stuff that needed, this is normal.  What Doc and Danny are not telling you is that IF THIS was the playoffs these guys would be getting shots and playing.  These injuries are just like Tom Brady being put down for the past ten years "shoulder" and "questionable".  The Celtics are resting folks now and not raising minutes minutes for the Big Three and now have a process to reduce Rondo's minutes.  I am not worried about this at all.  Shaq is going to miraculously show up 5-8 games before the playoffs to get timing back and help Doc set second unit rotations.  And yes, Delonte injury takes that long, but once he got his legs under him before the twisted ankle he was playing really well.  A lot of this injury stuff is a charade because the have to tell the press something as to why people are out.  and we should not be suprised when we see Shaq play only 30-40 games next year also.  Look at what Raseed did, he flat out came out and said the regular season was a waste of time and he willstart playing when it counts and miraculously, he was true to his word.  Teams like the Celtics and Spurs are not reacting to what the media says, only young teams like the Heat etc etc do that.  Popovich is resting his big three for the playoffs  and the fact that he has the best record is really a suprise to him.  Really good teams can win on the road and I know everyone looks to game seven last year, but people forget we were up 3-2 and essentially gave away GAME SIX last year. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

I understand your thinking but the C's can't have it both ways. I don't think resting guys with less than 20 games to go is wise. I think it's time to get guys back and into the flow, solidify a bench and keep the Bulls from taking the #1 seed. Rest is becoming the excuse. I can see keeping Shaq out but West and JON need to show what they can do so Doc can develop a rotation. The Spurs can afford to rest because they have a slight cushion. The C's lost their cushion and by playing the starters more all he's doing is solving one problem and creating another problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I'm just gonna throw it out there. We all know that Delonte is on depression medication...Do you think this medication possibly makes his bones more brittle? or makes it more difficult for him to heal?.....8 games played is unreal to me. especially considering that Delonte is known as a tough hombre...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Delonte for all his trepidation about his condition. Looked pretty darn good against the Clippers just before he hurt his ankle.  His wrist had him shooting accurately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Hey Delonte: MILK does your body good! I swear, you BREATHE on this guy and he gets injured.

Total waste.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think this team has proven, that when the time comes, they are ready for battle. Did'nt shack win one title like this..maybe his last one with LA??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yep.  And Bird played more than half of his career in serious pain. 

But I think at this point, we cannot count on Delonte in any capacity.  And I think the C's brass knew this when they got Arroyo as a contingency plan.  Delonte will get some minutes, supposedly tonight, but his injury sounds like it's going to take a long, long time until he's 100%.  Like next season, maybe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

This season is like the 90-91 and 91-92 season all over again.  Lots of talent, lots of injuries, players playing claiming they are not 100%.  Flashbacks all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, the Crystal Kid is finally back!!

But for how long?? Undecided

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

West will be fine until he steps on the court for 3 mins... then who knows what else breaks on him.

He wouldnt be playing if his wrist wasnt up to the task... and his ankle, he'll just have to deal with it. 

All I know is if he gets so much as a hang nail that sits him out, we're prob all done with DW.. Shame really

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

@ESPNForsberg Delonte said he stepped on a coach's foot when he injured his ankle. MRI revealed a chipped bone

That is a post on his twitter account over at espn boston blog...So it seems that maybe his injury was actually a freak accident, like how many times have you seen this happen to a player from stepping on a coach's foot...hes just having a unlucky season with injuries...i mean come on this whole celtic team is riding the injury bug...I just hope hes back for good and shaq comes back at the end of this week or next week so we can start preparing for our playoff push... D WEST is a amazing addition to this team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the Crystal Kid is finally back!! But for how long??
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

LMAO...

More like "Glass Joe" from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out...

Tongue out