Delonte West - Am I missing something?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Delonte West - Am I missing something?

I keep reading posts and articles of how when West comes back he's going to boost the scoring off the bench. Maybe it's my dislike for West and aren't being fair to him but I just don't see him as a scorer off the bench. I see Nate as a scorer. Nate is struggling right now but I like them together. I look at West as adding more overall tangibles to what the bench needs. (another ball handler, defense).

I'm probably wrong but we'll see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Re: Delonte West - Am I missing something?

I think West will be a major contributor, spelling both Rondo and Ray Allen.  Just hope he can keep his mental state on an even keel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Delonte West - Am I missing something?:
    I keep reading posts and articles of how when West comes back he's going to boost the scoring off the bench. Maybe it's my dislike for West and aren't being fair to him but I just don't see him as a scorer off the bench. I see Nate as a scorer. Nate is struggling right now but I like them together. I look at West as adding more overall tangibles to what the bench needs. (another ball handler, defense). I'm probably wrong but we'll see.
    Posted by BiasLewis

BiasLewis,
    I agree with the second part of your post. General concensus is that DW'll serve as PG and Nate will be able to concentrate on shooting. On the other hand DW never shyed away from shooting and can provide long range threat in clutch situations.
    Also, they showed good chemistry in the preseason. Hopefully, it'll develope when DW comes back.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

I can't wait till the suspension is over seeing Nate and West is gonna be awesome I think it will boost our bench production. Been happy with it already this season tho. West will make sure defenses don't sha so that may help the Bigs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like that he can play the 1 or 2 interchangeably, and I've always liked how hard he plays.  I don't think scoring will be his role per se, but it will be part of what he can bring on some nights because he can shoot and take the ball to the rim. 

A long time ago someone somewhere in the media described him as a jack-of-all-trades guy that does nothing great, but everything pretty good.  Score, defend, handle and distribute.  Whatever you need to win, he can do it. 

I personally think he will help, and he's worth the risk.  If this was a young team trying to build, I don't see his value as much.  He's a great fit for a playoff caliber team in my opinion.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is all about having another guy out there with the second unit who can hit an open three. DW can.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

When DW isnt lockn and loadin his arsenal or bangin Lebrons mom, hes a pretty darn good player. Hes a good shooter, driver & playmaker. He & Nate looked real good together preseason.

Question is can this dude get through a few weeks without imploding. If he can, I believe he will be huge for the Celtics.... a big IF tho..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I mean this seriously he needs to take his meds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Delonte West returning means Von Wafer will be gone, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West - Am I missing something?:
    I mean this seriously he needs to take his meds.
    Posted by concord27

How would you know if Delonte is taking his medications or not? That's a private matter, both personally and legally.
        I really take offense to people making comments about Delonte having bipolar disorder. I wish the cheap shots toward Delonte in this regard would end. Once it ends, I'll end my defense of Delonte in regards to his mental disorder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

their is nothing wrong with delonte west yo where did you guys hear such a rumour? the guy suffers from bipolar?get the F! outta here. if that was the case he would have been had these tattoos in college if he was that real thug?right? like you guys demean him to be why did he have a successful career down at st.joseph? a catholic school might i add.Please!.... their is nothing wrong with this kid he just wants to be a thug and make a name for himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Sorry Mem but you as a mental health professional should be the first one making the statement about med compliance; his best shot is to be compliant both emotionally and professionally..Of course the pt. always has the right to refuse but part & parcel of some illnesses (especially if it has a psychotic feature) is to minimize the risk/cost ratio...I don't think it was meant as a cheap shot but a well informed one..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Nate cannot create his own shot. The plan is that West can get Nate and Baby the ball in a position to score. No one on the 2nd unit can do that. West can also get into the lane, and hit the elbow jumper. I see him as being a huge asset on the 2nd unit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West - Am I missing something? : How would you know if Delonte is taking his medications or not? That's a private matter, both personally and legally.     I really take offense to people making comments about Delonte having bipolar disorder. I wish the cheap shots toward Delonte in this regard would end. Once it ends, I'll end my defense of Delonte in regards to his mental disorder.
    Posted by mem17

Why take offense if DW has bipolar and someone mentions it. How did any of us find out about it in the first place?  and DW riding his bike with 3 loaded weapons...well, Im sure people living near him would want to know that along with being a criminal carrying laoded firearms, he also has bipolar disease.

His disease brings dramatic and unpredictable mood swings and can become violent even when unprovoked...what , you want this to be a secret?

The dude needs to take his meds...maybe he wouldnt be punching Von Wafer in his head or riding his motorcycle armed for WW3...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nate cannot create his own shot. The plan is that West can get Nate and Baby the ball in a position to score. No one on the 2nd unit can do that. West can also get into the lane, and hit the elbow jumper. I see him as being a huge asset on the 2nd unit.
    Posted by rkarp

rkarp,

Id have to disagree with you. Nate is one player who can create his own shots on the Celts. Thats a given

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Posted by rkarp

Eddie House couldn't create his own shot.  Nate likes to shoot the 3, but he can just as easily take it to the hole, which is why I think Ainge pulled the trigger on that trade in the first place.  Just like Marbury took the heat off of House when they played together some, West will play the 1 and let Nate freelance more and worry about scoring rather than playing PG.  West is a better distributor and ball handler, and Nate is the superior (yet streaky) scorer.      

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Nate and West were really good together in the preseason it will make both better when playing together...so the scoring will go up off the bench

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West - Am I missing something? : rkarp, Id have to disagree with you. Nate is one player who can create his own shots on the Celts. Thats a given
    Posted by Karllost

Are we watching the same team? Nate cannot play effectively with the ball in his hands. How many times has he gotten into the lane this year?
    To my eye, he is a much better player when someone else is getting him the ball in a position to score rather than him having the ball in his hands trying to score.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West - Am I missing something? : Are we watching the same team? Nate cannot play effectively with the ball in his hands. How many times has he gotten into the lane this year? To my eye, he is a much better player when someone else is getting him the ball in a position to score rather than him having the ball in his hands trying to score.
    Posted by rkarp

Think the PG duties affect his game.  West will help there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West is the best second unit player and he would be a good finisher with the first unit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Sorry Mem but you as a mental health professional should be the first one making the statement about med compliance; his best shot is to be compliant both emotionally and professionally..Of course the pt. always has the right to refuse but part & parcel of some illnesses (especially if it has a psychotic feature) is to minimize the risk/cost ratio...I don't think it was meant as a cheap shot but a well informed one..
    Posted by tomobo

You mean well and I respect your comment. Since Delonte's gun offense occurred, we don't know of any other behavioral acts that suggest that he's off his meds. A minor scuffle with Wafer while scrimmaging is insignificant.
        Delonte's treatment is entirely his private affair. It's unlawful for a mental health professional to release any patient information without consent to do so. Therefore information regarding Delonte's mental health treatment is entirely confidential unless Delonte gives written consent to release such information or if he chooses to do so himself. Therefore Delonte's mental disorder is not the publics business and that includes Celtic fans. I respect his right to privacy. It would be nice if some of the other posters who don't would start. Fortunately most here do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West - Am I missing something? :    You mean well and I respect your comment. Since Delonte's gun offense occurred, we don't know of any other behavioral acts that suggest that he's off his meds. A minor scuffle with Wafer while scrimmaging is insignificant.     Delonte's treatment is entirely his private affair. It's unlawful for a mental health professional to release any patient information without consent to do so. Therefore information regarding Delonte's mental health treatment is entirely confidential unless Delonte gives written consent to release such information or if he chooses to do so himself. Therefore Delonte's mental disorder is not the publics business and that includes Celtic fans. I respect his right to privacy. It would be nice if some of the other posters who don't would start. Fortunately most here do.
    Posted by mem17

mem.... Perhaps the tone and text of this comment would have been better received yesterday instead of your "I really take offense to people .... I wish the cheap shots toward Delonte ..... Once it ends, I'll end my defense of Delonte in regards to his mental disorder" threat. 

You've been biting posters heads off of late. Take it down a notch, please.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Delonte West's career statistics (per game):

10 points
    3.7 assists
    3.1 rebounds
    1.1 steals
    Field Goal % - .446
    3 PT % - .373
    Free Throw % - .818

Not bad at all for a reserve. If West stays healthy and keeps out of trouble, there's no doubt he can help the team significantly. Danny Ainge thinks so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Delonte West returning means Von Wafer will be gone, right?
    Posted by fitz0527

I say fight it out for the roster spot!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

This is the most beautiful sign I want to see this year:

Celtics defeat Lakers in 6 107-96

Boston Celtics 2010-2011 NBA Champions!

Sections
Shortcuts