Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling

In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling : care to take a wild guess on why Murphy is getting miutes right now?
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Because Bynum is out #1 and they have no other bigs...thats why.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Part of all of this is how Doc plays guys. Murphy did nothing for us last year and now he's getting minutes for the Lakers. Guys don't want to come to the Celtics if Doc is going to continue to play just the Big 4 most of the time. Doc has to start mixing in some other guys and let's see what they can contribute. Why not give Steimsma some minutes. Doc isn't a good developer of talent. He's good at having a rotation and not thinking outside of that rotation. When that rotation breaks down he doesn't trust other players to step up or even give them the chance. If he doesn't change this 66 game schedule is going to eat up and spit out the C's. I don't want Dooling. i would just rather go straight to Moore and let him make his mistakes early. Dooling adds no value. He was a last resort signing because West went elsewhere. Bring Bradley in for defense and Moore in for offense.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Bias.  You gotta rethink that one about guys getting minutes.  I bet all other veterans look at the C's and know that they haven't had a decent bench in years, but when they did - Doc played them (Posey, PJ Brown, Sam Cassell, Baby, Green, Nate, Quis).   No other veterans who are good are going to look at Semih, Luke, Wafer, Arroyo, Murphy, Sasha, Bradley, etc and say "wow, Doc won't play those guys so I bet he won't play me".  

I do agree with you 100% on Moore.  He's worth the gamble.  Let him play significant minutes with some starters and let him grow.  He will NOT grow by getting minutes only with 5 other subs, 3 of them lost (like Sasha, Dooling, and Wilcox).  Moore needs to play with Rondo, Bass, and KG at times while Ray sits.  That will develop him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And Bias, forgot to mention our favorite - Rasheed Wallace.  Remember, he got so many minutes that we all thought Doc was crazy for playing him.  But, he got the minutes.   Its clear Doc favors veterans and any veteran wanting minutes knows he can get them in Boston because its the young guys who sit and never get time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Delonte will get hurt next week...and miss 20 games. Guarantee!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Delonte will get hurt next week...and miss 20 games. Guarantee!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling:
    [QUOTE]I respect the sentiments of Doc and Danny wanting to more low maintainence, but I DO NOT see Dooling as the crafty veteran that Delonte is turning out to be "on-the-court".  I still think every team needs someone with a little edge.   Dooling from what I remember like to shoot;  now he may have changed his stripes, at this time in his career, but so far I have not seen the cagey veteran thing.   It was interesting that Rick Carlise called upon Delonte to "start" in the second half of yesterday's game instead of Vince Carter.   Or can we forget that he gave Dwayne Wade fits.   We may be trying to bring Avery Bradley along, but is he worth the "risk" in a shortened season such as this.   We cannot go through the season with Rondo playing 41 minutes;  we need someone to give up a solid 15.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

Maybe Doolings performance tonite will stop stupid post like this judging someone on ONE game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling : Maybe Doolings performance tonite will stop stupid post like this judging someone on ONE game
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Agreed, It was only one game, and Dooling played well tonight, we need more of that from him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Dooling almost single-handedly brought us back last night. he is a good backup guard and more stable than West. 18 pts? Good pickup Danny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Early last night I asked if Dooling ever saw a shot he didnt take... The guy has no interest or clue about doing much except launching.

That said, I got a real kick out of watching him go off against the Heat.. That weird looking jumper and the 3 he hit to bring us within 3 of the Heat was all balls!

Maybe we need a wild man on the court to spice up the team...as long as hes hitting though lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Need more consistency from Dooling.  But I liked it a lot.  Can't have a bad game followed by a good one.  Hopefully his confidence is high now.  I also liked him playing WITH Rondo.  That was a good combo!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Agreed, Keyon Dooling had a great game last night, but that is what I remember him for, shooting, not being a crafty back-up point guard.   Last night,  Rondo and Allen handled the point and Dooling help spread the floor.  

The issue, we had to play Rondo 44 minutes and the question of a back-up is still open in my mind to the kind of penetrating that he did.  It is clear that this is not Avery Bradley (although Doc loves his defense), and perhaps this could be ETwan Moore.  

I am concerned that they are going to force Dooling to be something he is not and we lose what he provided last night.  I thought Doc's hand was forced last night with all the cheap fouls on Sasha and Quis; but the three guard set did look good.

I trust now that we have these back-to-backs we can see Doc go deeper into his bench and we get to see Twan tonight in New Orleans.  

Shepherd Call

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Just like the Knicks game was ONE GAME, last night's performance against the Heat was ONE GAME.  It was a gutsy performance and I hope he continues to give us nights like that.

I think he will be a consistent, solid performer who will be somewhere in the middle of his two performances.

Although we lost Delonte, I am glad we picked Dooling up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Dooling must have heard me doggin him. LOL! He played well and I liked his fire. Now where were Pav and JON?? Avery Bradley...SMH!!

I wish Doc would take a chance and play Stiesma, JJJ and Moore. If the Heat can play Cole that much surely we can take a look at those 3 guys. I'm hoping he gives them significant minutes tonight.

The zone worked very well. I think Doc blew it when he went away from it for those few minutes and they ran off 5-7 points. The Heat looked like they had seen a ghost with the zone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Dooling must have heard me doggin him. LOL! He played well and I liked his fire. Now where were Pav and JON?? Avery Bradley...SMH!! I wish Doc would take a chance and play Stiesma, JJJ and Moore. If the Heat can play Cole that much surely we can take a look at those 3 guys. I'm hoping he gives them significant minutes tonight. The zone worked very well. I think Doc blew it when he went away from it for those few minutes and they ran off 5-7 points. The Heat looked like they had seen a ghost with the zone.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    I think all of Celtics Nation agrees with you.  Why doesn't Danny or "anyone" in the organization address that with Doc?  No team has had the luxury of having a solid training camp with enough practices to thoroughly evaluate new players.  And now that the season has started, practices are going to be few and far between so there really is no reason at all why these 4-year very good college players are not on the court.  Danny needs to have a talk with Doc and insist that, due to the compressed schedule, these guys are given minutes.

Doc will have to determine his rotations along the way and we are now in "along the way" time.  It's just amazing how Doc doesn't give these guys ANY minutes.  Why even have these guys on the roster if you aren't planning to develop and play them.  Part of that development has to be gained ON THE COURT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Petey,

You're exactly right. This is getting ridiculous. I think we'll see them tonight though.

I would try this lineup to start games early in the season.
    Rondo
    RA
    PP/Quis
    Bass
    KG

I think bringing JON off the bench with Pav will require them to be assertive. So the 2nd unit would be
    Dooling
    Moore
    Quis/Pav
    Wilcox
    JON/Steimsma

Bass is a HUGE upgrade over BBD. His athletic ability can't be denied and he needs the minutes to jump start the team. We fall behind in these games and then spend too much trying to catch up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]Early last night I asked if Dooling ever saw a shot he didnt take... The guy has no interest or clue about doing much except launching. That said, I got a real kick out of watching him go off against the Heat.. That weird looking jumper and the 3 he hit to bring us within 3 of the Heat was all balls! Maybe we need a wild man on the court to spice up the team...as long as hes hitting though lol
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY,  the point of my post was let's not present him as a seasoned crafty back-up point guard like say Anthony Carter.   The guy loves to shoot and was just too streaking and small to man the shooting guard position as a starter during his career.  

Point is, we still need someone to spell Rondo, not unless you are going to use Avery as we used Eddie House with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen assisting on the offensive set-up duties.  

He performed well as a complement to the starters not as a set-up man for the second unit.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

BiasLewis,

I think you are on to something with moving KG to the five and Bass to the four;  I think this was the plan all along had we got David West -  KG to the five.  

I think Doc and Danny are showing their hand on what they may do next year, like signing KG to a two year contract for say $5MM to play the five - I think that is where he can finish out his career.   

I would only do this, if we can get quality minutes from Micheal Pietrus and Quis in terms of offensive production.   We'd even be able to run more plays for Jermanie O'Neal from the offensive side.  

We are ending games like this anyway, why not start them.   I think your second string look like this:

Dooling; Pietrus; Quis; Wilcox; JO....   

But you can see if the Celtics had West, Green, and Bass, they'd be quite formidable.   You can see where Doc and Danny are going and I think it is "on-track"...

Shepherd Call

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Doc said he was going to us KG as center a lot this year.  We pretty much have to.  That makes us a better running team as well.  Bass is a banger.  Doc forgot to tell Bass that we don't get offensive rebounds, that we get back on defense. I have been watching Bass a long time. I couldn't believe he didn't play for more Dallas.  He had the same type  games with them a lot.  I guess his defense is not goood, although he doesn't look terrible.
    Dooling surprised me last nite.  I hope it wasn't a flash in the pan.  His jumper looks pretty good when he gets his feet set.  When he tries to create something it does't look too good.  Looked out of control a few times.  I will take last nites game the rest of the season from him though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed, Keyon Dooling had a great game last night, but that is what I remember him for, shooting, not being a crafty back-up point guard.   Last night,  Rondo and Allen handled the point and Dooling help spread the floor.   The issue, we had to play Rondo 44 minutes and the question of a back-up is still open in my mind to the kind of penetrating that he did.  It is clear that this is not Avery Bradley (although Doc loves his defense), and perhaps this could be ETwan Moore.   I am concerned that they are going to force Dooling to be something he is not and we lose what he provided last night.  I thought Doc's hand was forced last night with all the cheap fouls on Sasha and Quis; but the three guard set did look good. I trust now that we have these back-to-backs we can see Doc go deeper into his bench and we get to see Twan tonight in New Orleans.   Shepherd Call

Sounds like youre signing a different tune than when you posted this thread... Dooling is the backup ...end of story.... and as to Allen handling the point?? Are you not watching games or what? Allen would be a disaster handling the point and not once have I seen him at point.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

However this season ends, no one will ever say, "if the Celts had only signed Delonte instead of Dooling, they would have won the championship."

Danny has assembled an interesting collection of spare parts that should not be confused with serious basketball talent. He did what he could do, though it looks like they whiffed not drafting Norris Cole (time will tell).

Doc was awfully reassuring about Cole: "We liked him too...." OK then, that's great for us!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]However this season ends, no one will ever say, "if the Celts had only signed Delonte instead of Dooling, they would have won the championship." Danny has assembled an interesting collection of spare parts that should not be confused with serious basketball talent. He did what he could do, though it looks like they whiffed not drafting Norris Cole (time will tell). Doc was awfully reassuring about Cole: "We liked him too...." OK then, that's great for us!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

How many PG's do they have to draft.  He have Rondo, MIA doesn't.  We needed height, that's why we traded Marshon Brooks for JJJ on draft night.  Could we use Brooks right now?  Probably!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling : Sounds like youre signing a different tune than when you posted this thread... Dooling is the backup ...end of story.... and as to Allen handling the point?? Are you not watching games or what? Allen would be a disaster handling the point and not once have I seen him at point.....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

In my original post, I also stated that I did not think Dooling was a back-up point guard;  I always remember him being a shooter and streaky one at that.  

When I look at the entire roster I think we could have had Dooling at the two, Pietrus, and D-West at the back up point.   I think Sasha would have been the odd man out.  

I like what Dooling brought last night, but he did not do that from the being the back up point.... so if we want him to do that we need another solution at the postion.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling : How many PG's do they have to draft.  He have Rondo, MIA doesn't.  We needed height, that's why we traded Marshon Brooks for JJJ on draft night.  Could we use Brooks right now?  Probably!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but to make those comparisons go away we need to eventually give JJ some real time and see what he can do.  

Point is Norris Cole is now developing value and that value can have real currency in the immediate future.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling : I hear you, but to make those comparisons go away we need to eventually give JJ some real time and see what he can do.   Point is Norris Cole is now developing value and that value can have real currency in the immediate future.  

Perhaps they will cut Mario Chalmers.  He'd be a great backup to Rondo!!

25. This post has been removed.