Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling

In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling : Now you're being silly ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I think the whole thing is silly.  How much time would the immortal Norris Cole be getting on our team right now?  We didn't draft him, because we don't need him - it's silly!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

What I hope we do not do is stick a square peg in a round hole like we kind of  with Nate Robinson;  Nate was high maintainece, but Doc tried to keep making him a classic back-up point guard to run the team.   Nate is a free spirit and can create havoc with the rock. 

People finally see Jamal Crwaford for who he is;  when he is in the game he is to shoot, if he is not on yank him, if he is on, ride him.   That is what Nate, Von Wafer, and I think Dooling is... shooters.  

We did not see this from Dooling in the preseason because he had to run the team.   Last night he was like a kid in a candy store.   The guy firing the rock last night has a shooter-first mentality.  

Doc made the point that he is no longer trying to make Avery Bradley a point guard and that is good.  The question is, is he a two guard, because that is what Dooling is.   

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Couldn't agree more with previous posters stating that Dooling isn't a point guard. The guy is looking to shoot at every opportunity. Bradley obviously isn't one either. So essentially there is one PG on the roster. Why is this an issue year after year with this team?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West versus Keyon Dooling:
    [QUOTE]Part of all of this is how Doc plays guys. Murphy did nothing for us last year and now he's getting minutes for the Lakers. Guys don't want to come to the Celtics if Doc is going to continue to play just the Big 4 most of the time. Doc has to start mixing in some other guys and let's see what they can contribute. Why not give Steimsma some minutes. Doc isn't a good developer of talent. He's good at having a rotation and not thinking outside of that rotation. When that rotation breaks down he doesn't trust other players to step up or even give them the chance. If he doesn't change this 66 game schedule is going to eat up and spit out the C's. I don't want Dooling. i would just rather go straight to Moore and let him make his mistakes early. Dooling adds no value. He was a last resort signing because West went elsewhere. Bring Bradley in for defense and Moore in for offense.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Nice post. 

Crazy thing is, Murphy is actually producing a bit out there.  Points and boards.

Sections
Shortcuts