DeMarcus Cousins Sent Home - wants to be traded.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

DeMarcus Cousins Sent Home - wants to be traded.

The guy is a talent.....but clearly a head case.  Has been his entire life.  See his change in committment to various schools before he went to college.  Now he demands a trade.   Very talented (strong as bull!) player. 

Stealing my own post from another thread:

Danny should trade Bradley and JON for Cousins and then use Cousins as trade material to get Howard.  Wait, Cousins couldn't be traded twice, could he?  So, Danny should move Bradley and JON (expiring contract) + picks in a three way deal that gets Howard to C's while Orlando gets Cousins and Sac gets a couple of players.

Cousins is a talented head case but maybe he and Bradley can be usefully packaged to get Howard to the C's?

Then, with the cap room at end of the season, convince Deron Williams to come and join his buddy Howard as shooting guard to replace Ray.  

PG - Rondo
    SG - DWill (Ray as backup at reduced salary)
    SF - Paul (Green/Pietrus as backups)
    PF - Bass (Green, maybe KG as backups)
    C - Howard (Steimsma as backup)

I like the team and I especially like the transition from older guys to younger guys over the next 2 years.

Ahhhhh - we can all dream, can't we?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: DeMarcus Cousins Sent Home - wants to be traded.

Interesting stuff.  I'd be curious to see the demand for Cousins.  I'm assuming it's pretty high, even with the fact that he's a head case.

Outside of draft picks, the Celtics really don't have all that much to offer.  Avery Bradley and the Purdue kids don't have much value at this point.  So now we're talking draft picks and I just don't see a way to make this work without getting a 3rd team involved.

As for Howard... This would require the Celtics to give up Rondo (whether that means he goes to Orlando or to a 3rd team).  I don't see Howard re-signing with the Celtics so he'd just be a rental player.  The pieces just don't add up.

If Ainge see's a guy that can grow up and be a key piece to the Celtics long term, then maybe he should find a way to bring in Cousins.  Right now though, I don't see it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I read where Cousin's agent said he didn't know anything about it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Let's all twist one up and get nice.... I'll skip that and take a Bourbon.

Cousins is a huge talent. Doc is the father fiqure, and the Celtics the family, that he never had. It's a match made in heaven, but I don't think it's do-able.

Give me another.

Avery, Sasha, Dooling and the rooks? I don't think so. OK, Give 'em Stiemsma or Jermaine.

Please Danny, not Rondo. Nooooo!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sorry Kirk,  you don't pass up a chance at a YOUNG talent like that, epecially if they don't have to give the farm to get  him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: DeMarcus Cousins Sent Home - wants to be traded.:
    [QUOTE]Sorry Kirk,  you don't pass up a chance at a YOUNG talent like that, epecially if they don't have to give the farm to get  him.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I agree. Ainge isn't afraid to make a move either. Not at all. He knows talent and will believe a strong locker room will straighten the kid out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to DeMarcus Cousins Sent Home - wants to be traded.:
    [QUOTE]The guy is a talent.....but clearly a head case.  Has been his entire life.  See his change in committment to various schools before he went to college.  Now he demands a trade.   Very talented (strong as bull!) player.  Stealing my own post from another thread: Danny should trade Bradley and JON for Cousins and then use Cousins as trade material to get Howard.  Wait, Cousins couldn't be traded twice, could he?  So, Danny should move Bradley and JON (expiring contract) + picks in a three way deal that gets Howard to C's while Orlando gets Cousins and Sac gets a couple of players. Cousins is a talented head case but maybe he and Bradley can be usefully packaged to get Howard to the C's? Then, with the cap room at end of the season, convince Deron Williams to come and join his buddy Howard as shooting guard to replace Ray.   PG - Rondo SG - DWill (Ray as backup at reduced salary) SF - Paul (Green/Pietrus as backups) PF - Bass (Green, maybe KG as backups) C - Howard (Steimsma as backup) I like the team and I especially like the transition from older guys to younger guys over the next 2 years. Ahhhhh - we can all dream, can't we?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOT

NO MAS BIGGG-BABEEEZ

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Scratching my head.

In your trade proposal we lose JON (who cares) AB (who cares) and some picks (slightest concern). In return we get the best, most dominating center in the NBA still in his prime.

So, where do we sign up??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not sure who your talking to Karlost, but I don't pay much attention to trade proposals around here.  I am sure they would want picks, plus expiring contract type players.  I am sure they are drooling  about Avery Bradley.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Cousins would cost BOTH our 1st rd picks

AND

Johnson, Avery, Moore

There is no need to give up JO, he makes 6.2 million while Cousins makes 3.6

The above 3 kids make something like 3.3 million... which works out

I still don't think that is enough to get him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

People forget how forgiving this league is and how many other clubs would feel the same way about Cousins as we do, put him with a better coach, city, team, etc.

He is only 21 and already a strong, durable 6'11" 270 kid that gets you a 15-10 each game.

Ron Artest had Sacramento trade Peja for him, Houston trade a draft pick and young SF Donta Green for him and LA gave him the full-MLE.

Isiah Rider got multiple chances, as did Latrell Sprewell

if you have talent you are coveted

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]People forget how forgiving this league is and how many other clubs would feel the same way about Cousins as we do, put him with a better coach, city, team, etc. He is only 21 and already a strong, durable 6'11" 270 kid that gets you a 15-10 each game. Ron Artest had Sacramento trade Peja for him, Houston trade a draft pick and young SF Donta Green for him and LA gave him the full-MLE. Isiah Rider got multiple chances, as did Latrell Sprewell if you have talent you are coveted
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

U are exactly right about talent.  Every posting site for every team in the league probably have already starting their own trade threads for Cousins.  Pretty sure someone would give better players than we are offering. Sac is not going to just give this kid away. I don't think anyway.  Maybe we should make a pitch for McGee of Washington.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd like McGee, he is someone to give our cap space to this summer, although Washinton will likely match any offer around the 4/42 DeAndre Jordan got... like Cousins I don't see Washington taking the 4 best young assets we have in a trade for him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like McGee, he is someone to give our cap space to this summer, although Washinton will likely match any offer around the 4/42 DeAndre Jordan got... like Cousins I don't see Washington taking the 4 best young assets we have in a trade for him

When teams continue to lose you can't never tell what they might do. Its pretty obvious that Washington is not going to do much this year.  They may be interested in a little more mature young talent.  Maybe someone like Jeff Green. I don't think Lewis is the mature person they need.  They are very young and need a veteran,  just not a old veteran.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like McGee, he is someone to give our cap space to this summer, although Washinton will likely match any offer around the 4/42 DeAndre Jordan got... like Cousins I don't see Washington taking the 4 best young assets we have in a trade for him

Agree he would also be a good addition to the Celtics for next season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Scratching my head. In your trade proposal we lose JON (who cares) AB (who cares) and some picks (slightest concern). In return we get the best, most dominating center in the NBA still in his prime. So, where do we sign up??
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

It clearly is going to cost more than just players.....it will cost at least the better of the two draft choices, as well.  The guy's stock is not as high as a 5th choice because he's a problem.  So, to get something out of it, they may have to accept something less than they'd want to get some value.  If necessary, we could offer BOTH first round draft choices + Wilcox or both choices or JOhnson and a first rounder (two young players for one!).

More importantly, in my post, I was actually suggesting a 3 team trade that landed Howard in Boston and Cousins in Orlando.   Salary exchange issues not solved as others pointed out, but my post was suggesting a longer term plan that got Howard and then encouraged DWill to join Howard.   I'm advocating a short term rental that can land DH here permanently.   The sales job would be Howard playing with Rondo and Pierce and the boys this year, then knowing he's got Green joining next year and knowing he gets more money from us as we'd have his Bird rights.  Add to that once he's in Boston, he gets to know the franchise (Danny, Doc, HOF players who are still around the team and motivate them, fans, the City that gets a bump rap but is a wonderful city......and maybe even a championship this year!).   That's an attractive package for Howard and DWill.

Yes, I know my post was a huge long shot - but Red drafting Bird and signing him before the next draft was a long shot;  Red getting Bill Russell AND KC Jones was a long shot; Danny getting KG to agree to come to the C's was a long shot; Lakers getting Gasol for such a small price was long shot.   

My point is:   Anything's Possibleeeeeeee!   At least try it, Danny!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeMarcus Cousins Sent Home - wants to be traded. : Are you nuts?  The coach asked him to stay home! That's not serious? Ugh! DeMarcus Cousins has demanded to be traded. In the best interest of our team as we go forward, he has been directed by me, with the support of management, to stay home from the New Orleans game tonight.” http://www.hoopsworld.com/demarcus-cousins-demanding-a-trade
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is looking like he could be traded.  This is definitely a serious situation when the coach doesn't want you to play and tells you to stay home.