DEOSSIE ON YOU TUBE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

DEOSSIE ON YOU TUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wn5RljRBAQ 

In case you haven't seen this.  It got me very upset and I really hope that he is fired.  If interested you should contact WEEI and voice your complaint. This was posted by someone on the Patriots board. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: DEOSSIE ON YOU TUBE

weei is garbage in my opinion anyway, the sports hub is much better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

He played for the Giants and his son plays for them now.You want a guy fired for expressing his (correct ) opinion?Pretty childish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: DEOSSIE ON YOU TUBE:
    [QUOTE]He played for the Giants and his son plays for them now.You want a guy fired for expressing his (correct ) opinion?Pretty childish.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]
    sorry but i must defend susan on this one. its not about having  a different view, its about him being tone deaf about the emotionality from where u live. susan rarely starts threads so for her to do so it must mean this cut even more deeply as it did for me. bottom line is that this is not a freedom of speech issue. your type tends to forget that the first amendment is strictly about preventing GOVERNMENT  censorsjip. no private entity can exist in the same vain.

weei and his investors clearly did not know how deeply his feelings were for the jints and at odds with the region where his job or $ is in relation to FOOTBALL. no way is the majority of the new england AUDIENCE interested in his point of view. WE have no problem with him going to hang with his old colleagues and teammates and to encourage his son but there was no need to stand up there and cheerlead while putting down the city that financially supports him and rubbing it in with extra sauce. there's a smart common sensical time to spout your mouth and a time to keep your mouth shut and lay low.

Gisele Ono can also learn from this. you know, how to separate private from pubkic. my association to steve is less positive today than it was yesterday. i actually went to his steakhouse twice, because of his connection to parcells, the team and the region (also liked him from his giant days). but now, count me out as someone who will ever patronize him. how did opening his big mouth increase or better his brand, cause and audience?

look, fred smerlas is from buffalo and would expect him  to be proud if we were playin them in the conference final esp if his son was playin there, but again, would expect him to keep any cheerleading on the down low. to keep making my point, we all know that TB is a Republican, u think if he stomped for romney and openly put down obama that it would have no impact on his brand in democrat-leaning new england and in that locker room? its his right and freedom to speak like with tim thomas but others also have the right to shun and hate him for his expression and want freedom from him too. u dont have the right to be respected and accepted.  a smart empathetic person measures that as part of his expression calculation. ditto if the democrat belichick went and slammed romney while openly rallying around obama. thats best left for after u retire or in the background like with everyone else. 

the whole team and most of its local media has political and conflictive allegiances, but they keep that on the down low and don't express it in a way to compromise and confuse the brand while alienating huge chunks of the fanbase. its a business and its about imaging my friend!  i run and own a marketing and brand management company. on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the max on the brand tarnishment scale, mr. deossie just registered a 15! all that trust  his base had invested in him is OVER!

he's naive and moronic to think they go to his steakhouse because of his secret recipe or ambience or that we tone in to his eei appearances because of his knowledge or sweet voice. its because we locally connected to him and saw him as ONE OF US! he's not working nationally for espn! even then, they would not allow such rah rahing for it would risk him ever being PERCEIVED as independent by  a big chunk of the audience!

i am willing to bet that the ratings will drop over time when he is on. many will flip right over to the sports hub or do something else. its his ultimate job to connect to and with us not the other way around. his contract will not be renewed and thus all the free advertising he gets for his restaurant will dry up, hitting him exactly where it hurts. this is a classic case of saying nothing and letting people assume things rather than opening your fat GIANT mouth and removing all doubt... u got this? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Commie you're right about his lack of judgement when it comes to his economic wellbeing. I posted to a big Giants fan on another forum that DeOssie won no matter what since he was a player with both teams, made a living here based on relationship with Patriots and their fans and had a son that was a Giant. Never did I expect that he'd disown the Pats or their fanbase and publicly announce his alliance to Big Blue! Very poor decision on his part as he should know his success is linked to his loyalty to the Pats and their fans. The guy lives here, went to BC, played here and then dumps on us behind our backs? He just sheet his own bed ... nobody will want to see/hear him on TV/Radio or spend their money at his restaurant now ... Freddy Smerlas has his work cut out to save his own butt now. They better hire a real good PR firm to fix this fast or Freddy should prepare to buy out Steve's interest cause it's over for DeOssie .... what a fool!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

well said. if you hear OJ ANDERSON in the video (btw, i got to sit with him and steven baker the TD maker on a long flight when reggie white died, got some pics, autographs and some great parcells stories) after steve's benedict arnold ego act, he instantly sensed this would be bad for him in new england and tried to give steve an out and to rectify his bad judgment, but steve just poured on the idiocy. steve like guys like parcells and belichick are in a very unique and fortunate position to have that new england-nY connection for business endeavors and fan connection. its a very delicate tightrope to walk.

look at bb, if u see his documentary, no doubt he still is more deeeply connected to his NY days than he ever will be with New england. i mean, the man cried like a baby on film upon seeing his old office and touring the grounds before a big game. what does that tell ya? still, noone is holding that against him because he always makes us feel special right now. even parcells who is not connected to us and left in the worse way, does not take cheap shots. no doubt parcells was likely pulling in private for the jints (hey bb has now lost 2 Sbs with out parcells too) but he said nothing to alienate him from either base. there is nothing to be gained from it.

kind of like being a liked public figure and slamming motherhood, children and apple pie, what's the positive point?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Thanks for the great responses by everyone.  I spoke to some friends last night that hadn't seen the you tube video and they were  upset also.  I wouldn't expect that things will turn out very well for him.  Interestingly,  he was one of the topics on the Dennis and Callahan show this morning.   It would have been interesting to see what other viewers thought. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the great responses by everyone.  I spoke to some friends last night that hadn't seen the you tube video and they were  upset also.  I wouldn't expect that things will turn out very well for him.  Interestingly,  he was one of the topics on the Dennis and Callahan show this morning.   It would have been interesting to see what other viewers thought. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

I listened to him on one of the WEEI afternoon shows yesterday (can't remember which one), and I wasn't impressed.  He gave all those reasons about how he used to be a Giant and his son was a Giant and he was just palling around with his buddies at a pep rally when he made those statements.  Said it had absolutely nothing to do with his ties to the Boston area, and basically implied that it was nobody's business.  The people who called into the show didn't seem very impressed either.  I'm with you Susan.