Derek Fisher 5 year $25 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Derek Fisher 5 year $25 million

Compare that too Brad Stevens deal at 6/22 we got a relative bargain. Considering that Stevens is a proven coach albeit at the college level, he at least had a proven track record (back to back ncaa title games). While Fisher has never coached a minute in his life gets an even bigger payday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Derek Fisher 5 year $25 million

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Compare that too Brad Stevens deal at 6/22 we got a relative bargain. Considering that Stevens is a proven coach albeit at the college level, he at least had a proven track record (back to back ncaa title games). While Fisher has never coached a minute in his life gets an even bigger payday.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has more to do with the GM's comfort level with Fisher to do what he wants to the letter and the fact that the Knicks need to make some kind of splash in that market and with the NYC media. He was a PG so I'm sure the GM figures he can translate that into coaching decisions. I'm just glad nobody has suggested Wee Devilman PG should be a coach - THAT would be a redonkulous hoot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Well, it worked out so well for NJ, so why not. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has more to do with the GM's comfort level with Fisher to do what he wants to the letter and the fact that the Knicks need to make some kind of splash in that market and with the NYC media. He was a PG so I'm sure the GM figures he can translate that into coaching decisions. I'm just glad nobody has suggested Wee Devilman PG should be a coach - THAT would be a redonkulous hoot!

[/QUOTE]

You meant Rondockulous hoot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Regardless of who the Knicks brought in. Jackson's first choice was Steve Kerr until he bolted and took over golden State. It really doesn't matter because they still have same squad. Unless they make a great draft pick, or sign Melo to another contract. Fisher will be just like Jason Kidd in the beginning taking his lumps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You meant Rondockulous hoot!

[/QUOTE]

Ah...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! LMFAO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

I don't think Phil had time to dicker with his old buddy.  The stopover in NY timed perfectly with his vacation plans.