Deron Williams....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Deron Williams....

I was originally hoping there was a way to get this guy in free agency.  But, I just read about how Karl Malone was feuding with the Jazz ownership.  In his rant about the new ownership, Malone was quoted about DWill:

"I know for a fact that (Sloan) was overridden on practices sometime on the road because Deron was calling our GM (Kevin O'Connor) at that time," Malone said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. " ... You give a guy that much power, and he's the kind of player you think he played hard all the time, but if he wanted to sulk he could sulk . . . I never went to (co-owner) Larry (Miller) to talk about Coach Sloan . . . It's not one time, in my gut and heart, that I would go over his head."

Seems he has sulked a lot in New Jersey, as well this year.  Maybe this guy is not someone you want on the team no matter how talented he is.  There's something to be said for the Celtics togetherness and a personality like Ray and KG in the locker room?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Deron Williams....

Good point... I have made multiple post about the C's trading for players including Williams. The great unknown is what kind of person these guys really are. I honestly think all the big names that are rumored to be available are spoiled jerks and are very questionable as far as being team players and winners (Howard, Williams, amare, cousins, etc.). One thing that is for certain about the current C's group is they always play with heart. There is always something to be said for that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Deron Williams....:
    [QUOTE]I was originally hoping there was a way to get this guy in free agency.  But, I just read about how Karl Malone was feuding with the Jazz ownership.  In his rant about the new ownership, Malone was quoted about DWill: " I know for a fact that (Sloan) was overridden on practices sometime on the road because Deron was calling our GM (Kevin O'Connor) at that time," Malone said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. " ... You give a guy that much power, and he's the kind of player you think he played hard all the time, but if he wanted to sulk he could sulk . . . I never went to (co-owner) Larry (Miller) to talk about Coach Sloan . . . It's not one time, in my gut and heart, that I would go over his head ." Seems he has sulked a lot in New Jersey, as well this year.  Maybe this guy is not someone you want on the team no matter how talented he is.  There's something to be said for the Celtics togetherness and a personality like Ray and KG in the locker room?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

DWill is a very spirited player.  When he was at Illinois, he trash talked his coach.  However, it was fueled by competitive fire.  His coach was a prominent guest at his wedding.

You also have to look at Sloan's personality in this case.  He was an extremely controlling person.  Regarding DWill's behavior at NJ, what do you expect?  Do you see the kind of team he is playing for?  You also have to consider that his Turkish team retired his number.  Clearly, they will not do this for a jerk.

He has not had an opportunity to show case his talent but DWill is the best point guard in NBA.  The team that gets him next year will be a very fortunate team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He played in Turkey for how long? Five weeks.  I don't judge him at this point but don't go crazy these guys have so much power they steamroll whoever stands in front of them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Thanks, but no thanks!!!  No headcases please!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Deron Williams....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Deron Williams.... : DWill is a very spirited player.  When he was at Illinois, he trash talked his coach.  However, it was fueled by competitive fire.  His coach was a prominent guest at his wedding. You also have to look at Sloan's personality in this case.  He was an extremely controlling person.  Regarding DWill's behavior at NJ, what do you expect?  Do you see the kind of team he is playing for?  You also have to consider that his Turkish team retired his number.  Clearly, they will not do this for a jerk. He has not had an opportunity to show case his talent but DWill is the best point guard in NBA.  The team that gets him next year will be a very fortunate team.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

In your opinion, DWill is what you asserted; however, IMHO (in my humble opinion) Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the Association, bar none!!!!!!!!

As Always,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deron Williams.... : In your opinion, DWill is what you asserted; however, IMHO (in my humble opinion) Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the Association, bar none!!!!!!!! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]

Rondo is the 4th best point guard in the league after DWill, CP3 and Derrick Rose in that order.  And the gap is quite big.  Russell Westbrook is a 2 playing 1.  The same could be said of Rose.

And don't worry, the Celts are not getting DWill.  If they couldn't get CP3, they will not get DWill.  Regarding headcases, if DWill is a headcase, Rondo belongs in an asylum.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire! DWill has had problems in multiple situations now. When the Celtics were playing did you EVER see one of our BIg 3 or even Rondo bad mouth the teammate who was playing poorly! DWill does it to his coach and teammates and his fire is NOT hotter than KG or Pierce Or Rondo or Doc. As for point guards, I think Tony Parker should be on your list. Outside of Rose and CP3, I can make a case for Rondo, DWill, Westbrook, or Parker as next best. This guy is literally carrying the Spurs AND he's done it in an NBA finals unlike any of the other guys.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NOT NEEDED IN BOSTON ..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Early in his career they said similar things about the late, great Dennis Johnson, too. But DJ knew exactly what it took to win, which is why he was Larry's favorite player. Can anybody tell me if DWill has ever won a Championship at any level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Early in his career they said similar things about the late, great Dennis Johnson, too. But DJ knew exactly what it took to win, which is why he was Larry's favorite player. Can anybody tell me if DWill has ever won a Championship at any level.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he won some championship of some kind in high school, but he went to Illinois and lost to UNC in the finals so he never won a championship at college.   Obviously, hasn't won one in the pros, either.   But, I don't hold that against him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I am not a Rondo hater  but anyone that would not take DWill,  well they just may be a headcase themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

IMHO, there is no Ring-future with Rondo and team built around Rondo for many reasons. D-Will is probably the best point guard in the NBA. Rondo is not attracting PG for top players like DH. My gut feeling is that DH is going to follow D-Will. Just imagine D-Will playing along with BB/KG, PP, Ray/Pietrus and DH. D-Will is great with a matured team like the Celtics with Doc. Heck we even had players like Starbury...get the talent and the coaches will worry about managing players. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't think we have the pieces to get this guy......but I do think NJ has the pieces to get DH.
    Maybe we can be the third team involved somehow!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

This trade works- feel free to rip it up, IDC anymore (Phil Collins)

NJ gets Howard and Wilcox
    ORL gets Okur and Humprhries
    BOS gets Lopez

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]This trade works- feel free to rip it up, IDC anymore (Phil Collins) NJ gets Howard and Wilcox ORL gets Okur and Humprhries BOS gets Lopez
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

So we are able to swich Wilcox for Lopez?  Sign me up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Merry Christmas!  That would surely be a gift!