Derrick Rose done for season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Derrick Rose done for season

Sad to see a young point gaurd who has a chance to win a championship go down. The Bulls are still an elite team without him, but not nearly as good. I

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Derrick Rose done for season

It helps the Celtics, but I still would rather him play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Rose done for season:
    [QUOTE]It helps the Celtics, but I still would rather him play.
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]
    +1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It helps the Celtics, but I still would rather him play. 

Agreed - better to go through the best if you want to call yourself that. Shame it happaned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Maybe it was meant to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Gotta feel for the guy. As much as I want Boston to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals and beyond nobody wants it to be under these circumstances. I hope that he recovers quickly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

At least the bulls arnt an awful team without him, they still will beat philly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Now I knows how the Magic fans felt in 2009

Likely the Celtics will be playing the Bulls in the 2nd rd... Chicago will have homecourt but obviously will be missing the best player/heart and soul of their team

Same w/ us in '09 when Magic came to town to face the defending champs minus KG... and that year landed the Magic in the finals, even tho a healthy KG would have put the Celtics there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Great player but his style and these injuries are really breaking him down....I hope he comes back 100%....the kid is classy and a winner....!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Great player but his style and these injuries are really breaking him down....I hope he comes back 100%....the kid is classy and a winner....!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

+1 It will too bad if the Celts have an asteric beside our Win if we advance and defeat the Bulls.

Never the less the Heat await us in the East. That if it happens will be quite the war!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derrick Rose done for season : +1 It will too bad if the Celts have an asteric beside our Win if we advance and defeat the Bulls. Never the less the Heat await us in the East. That if it happens will be quite the war!
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Do the Magic and Lakers have an asterisk from '09?

How about the Lakers in '85, '87 and '10 when Max, McHale and KG/Ray dragged their injured legs around in 7 games series and Perk missed games 6 and 7?

what about the '73 Knicks when Hondo seperated his shoulder and couldn't raise his arm above his chest?

The '58 Hawks When Russ went down?

Injuries happen, too bad for Rose, they don't take your banners away or even put an asterisk next to them... they just make the fans of the losing team heartbroken... (Celts could have 21 titles if not for those blows)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I feel for Rose, but I'm not with you that I'd rather play the Bulls with a healthy Rose.   No one (other than some Celtics fans) puts an asterisk next to the Lakers 2010 championship because Ray was hurt and Perk was completely out of game 7.  No one puts an asterisk next to the Grizzlies win over the Spurs last year when Ginobli was hurt.  History remembers the winners and every team needs some breaks.  I'd love to play the Bulls with Rose if we have Ray and Jeff Green and Wilcox.  But we don't and its ok to me that we get a break.   Injuries are a part of the game.  We have had to recover and coach and play our way through them.  Thibbs will, for the first time, have to do the same.

I don't feel any shame in beating a Bulls team without Rose.....only shame if we were to LOSE to a Bulls team without Rose!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]I feel for Rose, but I'm not with you that I'd rather play the Bulls with a healthy Rose.   No one (other than some Celtics fans) puts an asterisk next to the Lakers 2010 championship because Ray was hurt and Perk was completely out of game 7.  No one puts an asterisk next to the Grizzlies win over the Spurs last year when Ginobli was hurt.  History remembers the winners and every team needs some breaks.  I'd love to play the Bulls with Rose if we have Ray and Jeff Green and Wilcox.  But we don't and its ok to me that we get a break.   Injuries are a part of the game.  We have had to recover and coach and play our way through them.  Thibbs will, for the first time, have to do the same. I don't feel any shame in beating a Bulls team without Rose.....only shame if we were to LOSE to a Bulls team without Rose!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, except for the last sentence.
    It wouldn't be a shame to lose as long as they give it their best shot.
    That frontcourt and the rebounding numbers are formidable. It will be tough to beat Deng, Asik, Gibson, Noah and Boozer.
    But Atlanta comes first, could be a walk in the park, or not?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Tough break DRose....come back even stronger next year! Go Cs!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Derrick Rose done for season": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derrick Rose done for season : I agree with you, except for the last sentence. It wouldn't be a shame to lose as long as they give it their best shot. That frontcourt and the rebounding numbers are formidable. It will be tough to beat Deng, Asik, Gibson, Noah and Boozer. But Atlanta comes first, could be a walk in the park, or not? Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE] Smile, you know the Celts never make it easy! I do not anticipate a walk in the park against Atlanta, but a tough series that we win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

His injury looked sort of like KG's back in 09-untouched going up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Big loss for the sport...get well Derrick...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of you.  Very upset to see this happen to Rose and wish him a speedy recovery.  It will be difficult for Chicago without him for the remainder of the season.  Although, they are still a good team and won a lot of games this season without him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]His injury looked sort of like KG's back in 09-untouched going up.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I looked for the contact too.  Didn't see it.  Just an awkward jump.  Knee looked angled to the side going up.
    Never like to see inuries, but it is a part of the game.
    As most everyone has said, tuff break for Rose and the Bulls.
    Hope his surgery and rehab is uneventful and he's ok next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I feel bad for Rose but the Celtics have had more injuries than any team in the league this year so let's not carried away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Kg's injury, Ray Allen's ankle, Rondo's Elbow, Perk's knee, 2 heart operations,We are no strangers to this, just part of the game....feel for the guy, but I want my C's in the finals..again...they are due..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Should the unthinkable happen and Boston wins it all, they'll need to put an asterix alongside just as they did in '08 when Bynum and Ariza were injured!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

cant help but feel for him. he is one of the few stars in the nba with real class.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Have to be honest, first thing that went through my mind is this is great news for the Celtics. Knowing we have to go thru the Bulls to get to ECF's.

Yea, pretty harsh thinking but thats me I guess. Im thinking about advantages for the C's, not the poor Bulls.  I feel bad for Rose, seems to have a good head on his shoulders and very humble... feel bad for Tibs too but the C's come first in my book.

Nobody has shed tears for all the massive losses due to injury the Celtics have lived through the past 3 years. Next we need Joe Joseph to pull a hamstring.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Have to be honest, first thing that went through my mind is this is great news for the Celtics. Knowing we have to go thru the Bulls to get to ECF's. Yea, pretty harsh thinking but thats me I guess. Im thinking about advantages for the C's, not the poor Bulls.  I feel bad for Rose, seems to have a good head on his shoulders and very humble... feel bad for Tibs too but the C's come first in my book. Nobody has shed tears for all the massive losses due to injury the Celtics have lived through the past 3 years. Next we need Joe Joseph to pull a hamstring.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Joe Johnson, that is

Sections
Shortcuts