Derrick Williams might be available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marist83. Show Marist83's posts

Derrick Williams might be available

Hope DA watches the situation in Minny.  Don't think Flip Saunders is high on Williams.  Bass & Crawford or probably Bass & a second round pick or Bogans & a second round pick might entice Flip to deal Williams.  The more bigs, the better !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: Derrick Williams might be available

In response to Marist83's comment:

Hope DA watches the situation in Minny.  Don't think Flip Saunders is high on Williams.  Bass & Crawford or probably Bass & a second round pick or Bogans & a second round pick might entice Flip to deal Williams.  The more bigs, the better !

If he is no good for Minny,what makes him good for the celtics?Danny probably knows about him.I agree that we need bigs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

YES!!

ANOTHER PF! Danny will have to do it to realize our dream of an ALL PF TEAM!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We need a big Center.  We do not need another big PF, (although he actually an undersized PF at only 6'8")

and we certainly don't need an under performing player with attitude problems while rebuilding the team.  I don't think he is a particularly effective scorer and when rebuilding, we don't have the luxury to hope for a player turn-around.  I don't know what he is getting paid (probably over $5M. I don't think he's worth any more than $2.5M at this point.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

NO MORE TWEENERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

At first I was gong to agree with gman101019, no more tweeners, but I've changed my mind.  If we gave up someone like Bass and a 2nd rounder, I'm all for it.  Jeff Green is 6'9" 235 pounds and Williams is listed at 6'8" and 241 pounds so I don't know how much "power" a forward he is than Green.  Always have liked him but still not sure if he is an/our answer at the PF position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Just like jgreen, derrick williams is no pf. Keep in mind we are stuck with gwallace , hes another tweener 3/4 so we ALREADY have 2 of them.

Our future at pf is sully and ko. Even tho we may need to play ko at center to get as much shooting and scoring on the floor as possible, that would be problematic on the defensive end. We would be slow footed defending pick and roll and have absolutely no shot blocking at the rim. This is why I advocate a trade for asik,  I am willing to trade any player on the team save rondo to do that. We DESPERATELY need size and defense in the paint. Asik provides both while also providing excellent rebounding and some scoring.

I am very interested to see what lineups stevens goes with and if hes going to be showcasing guys or just playing the best 5 possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

who cares what position he plays???

Thats actually very important, how much playing time is he going to get playing behind jgreen and gwallace? 3rd string sf's are not assets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

why not 3way trade?

Bass and 2nd rd to minny

Derrick williams and Crawford to rockets

Asik to Boston

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

LMAO!!  Another thread where Bostonians are trying to dump their garbage for something the other team would never consider!  What's this thread 500 on this topic.  Why would Minny want to do this trade?  Answer is they would'nt!  Celtics are locked and loaded with Bass for the next two years.  Enjoy! Missingteeth

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It's not size for me the problem with Williams is which Williams shows up any given night. Sometimes he's in the game and can be a really good player other nights he goes through the motions and looks like a future euro league bench player. He is still young so maybe he can work on his focus issues. He also is a bad FT shooter and likes to shoot random 3s when he is only so-so at best behind the line. I apparently like Bass more than most on this board so I wouldn't trade agood team player for a possible locker room disturbance but,i f we could trade Baggans and a 2nd I would take that chance, I don't think Minn would go for that though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Derrick Williams has to have a higher upside than Brandon Bass , doesn't he ?

GET HIM !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Derrick Williams has to have a higher upside than Brandon Bass , doesn't he ?

GET HIM !

easier said than done...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

I say we go with what we have and let the guys play their way into the lineup and a useful NBA career or not...The Celtics are NOT making the playoffs this year..they simply won't no matter how badly some want that...I want to see that too but there is way too much talent acquisition and development that has to happen before we can mount a serious challange to win a championship...it's not about RR, it's not about Green, it's about guys not here yet and guys we need to let play , guys who are here already, and whether they can be good, or even great, NBA players....

Williams is not one of those guys....wishing and hoping for new talent in this way is a waste of time, no matter how bored a lot of us are at this point...camp is a month away...we can do this, we really can...

Read books..watch the pats and the sox...we will survive....

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts