deshawn sims?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

deshawn sims?

no way we should part with anyone on the current roster, unless someone's willing to take JON or daniels, both of which i doubt. the rest are valuable pieces now and in the future. the bill walker suggestion is interesting. what's he doing? and what about sims? it's not like we'd ask him to play 15 minutes a game. just give the starters a rest. he seems to be doing very well in D league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: deshawn sims?

Think playoffs. Doc is not going to play a guy like Bill Walker or DeShawn Sims in the playoffs. 

The Celtics also need a backup SF that can defend Lebron. Something both Sims and Walker can not do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i disagree. in the playoffs, the starters' minutes will go up. we need to get into the playoffs healthy and rested. in the playoffs, paul can rest when lebron rests. assuming paul needs a little more rest than a younger lebron, someone else can guard him for 5-6 minutes a game. i just don't see where we have any moveable parts that will get us a guy like battier in a trade. we cannot trade perk or BBD. they are cruicial to the playoffs and next year. we should not trade draft picks. we'll need them to rebuild in a year or 2. so who or what else are we gonna trade to get a QUALITY backup? we don't have many options. therefore, a guys like sims makes sense. besides, who's to say he can't guard lebron for a few minutes a game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: deshawn sims?:
    Think playoffs. Doc is not going to play a guy like Bill Walker or DeShawn Sims in the playoffs.  The Celtics also need a backup SF that can defend Lebron. Something both Sims and Walker can not do.
    Posted by P34

I agree with alost everything you said.  But why would a non-starter be guarding LBJ, Kobe, etc????  We keep worrying about X-player who is a starter and needing someone to guard them.  We need someone to come in and score and give the starters a rest.  It is rare that a reserve will have to guard a LBJ or Kobe-type player for long stretches.  Starter vs. Starter and Bench vs. Bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I had mentioned Sims before. The guy is really really good actually...we cant be greedy..I know Ainge has pulled some good trade tricks in the past but fact is we have nothing to offer. At least thats how I see it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

jdm, i completely agree. i only suggested that a backup might need to guard an opposing starter for a few minutes b/c james is so much younger than PP and PP will need a few more minutes to rest. doc, however, is pretty good about subbing around stoppages to maximize rest for his starters. that said, we all know that miami's bench is junk, so our bench may well win those games for us by beating up on miami's bench. all the more reason we could get by with a guy like sims.

long story short, if we win it all this year, it will be a pretty impressive feat, given our age. we have even less chance of winning next year, especially if perk and/or BBD walk. so i see no need to mortgage the future now. if we win it, great. if not, we got one title, came real close to a second, and have enjoyed quality basketball for the first time in 20 years out of this "over the hill" team. that's not too shabby. and i have genuinely enjoyed every second of watching this team play together.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: deshawn sims? : I agree with alost everything you said.  But why would a non-starter be guarding LBJ, Kobe, etc????  We keep worrying about X-player who is a starter and needing someone to guard them.  We need someone to come in and score and give the starters a rest.  It is rare that a reserve will have to guard a LBJ or Kobe-type player for long stretches.  Starter vs. Starter and Bench vs. Bench.
    Posted by jdm894g

Guarding Lebron will put Pierce in foul trouble. The reason why a guy like Battier is important is when Ray Allen sits Battier and Pierce can play together and Pierce will not have to guard Lebron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

i disagree. in the playoffs, the starters' minutes will go up. we need to get into the playoffs healthy and rested. in the playoffs, paul can rest when lebron rests. assuming paul needs a little more rest than a younger lebron, someone else can guard him for 5-6 minutes a game. i just don't see where we have any moveable parts that will get us a guy like battier in a trade. we cannot trade perk or BBD. they are cruicial to the playoffs and next year. we should not trade draft picks. we'll need them to rebuild in a year or 2. so who or what else are we gonna trade to get a QUALITY backup? we don't have many options. therefore, a guys like sims makes sense. besides, who's to say he can't guard lebron for a few minutes a game?
    Posted by kaktug

That's because you're not factoring in foul trouble. What if Pierce gets 2 quick fouls in the 1st qtr.? 

Even if Sims only plays 5-6 minutes what makes you so sure that he will not screw up on offense? You're assuming the rookie will not make mistakes. That's the reason why Doc doesn't play rookies, he can't stand rookie mistakes on offense and defense.

Sections
Shortcuts