Despite Emergence, Boston Celtics Should Pass on Avery Bradley in Offseason!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Despite Emergence, Boston Celtics Should Pass on Avery Bradley in Offseason!

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

AB is scoring because he is a volume shooter.  He is a shot happy SG who plays a very selfish style of basketball.  He does not make his teammate better.  It is crazy to pay so much for such player no matter how old he is.  A very irratic player that no one knows what one will get from game to game.

[/QUOTE]

That's why he's a SHOOTING Guard.

He's only 23 years old, he's still going to improve.

His potential is he turns out like Joe Dumars.

Besides, AB's defense is excellent.

Ainge will have no choice because there will be no SG out there who can give you 14 ppg and great defense for 5 or 6m per year.

[/QUOTE]

AB just shoots to damn much..and he's not even a good shooter..anybody who shoots as much as him should be a 14ppg player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Despite Emergence, Boston Celtics Should Pass on Avery Bradley in Offseason!

But he is not that good of a shooter.  He could improve but he could also regress like he did so many times before.  You can't pay for potential anymore after being in the league this long.  He is very inconsistent, a lot of his shots are very open because teams are not paying attention to him.  He does not normally take someone one on one like some of many other good SGs, mainly because he can't.  I have to disagree, and I believe it will be a mistake to give him that much, and I suspect Ainge will not.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AB is scoring because he is a volume shooter.  He is a shot happy SG who plays a very selfish style of basketball.  He does not make his teammate better.  It is crazy to pay so much for such player no matter how old he is.  A very irratic player that no one knows what one will get from game to game.

[/QUOTE]

Ainge will have no choice because there will be no SG out there who can give you 14 ppg and great defense for 5 or 6m per year.

[/QUOTE]

AB just shoots to damn much..and he's not even a good shooter..anybody who shoots as much as him should be a 14ppg player.

[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to argue....just my opinion but AB started out playing out of position this year at the point or he would have been averaging more. He is 22 years old and there is not a better "on the ball defender" in the League. Rondo gets hammered on the fact that he has never improved his jumper and AB has done so this year, especially after being played at the 2 where he belongs. I sure would not overpay for him but if Stevens settles on a style where we will run on O and press at times on D, I think he will fit right in. Again, just my opinion.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

Avery Bradley is shooting 45%, 41% from beyond the arc, and 71% from the FT line.

That's not Ray Allen numbers, but that's good enough.

As long as AB continues to shoot like that, he'll be worth it because he will still improve as time goes by.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

He's a good backup, not a good starter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

These last two comments are jokes, right?

Raider, AB IS AVERAGING 14ppg

Scrubber, AB IS ONLY 23! 

Bradley will be resigned at 4years 26M, that is a fair compromise between 5 and 8 per year. He starts off at 5 and makes 8 in his last year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Or AB becomes the incentive for some team to take Wallace's contract.

[/QUOTE]

That's really not a good idea.

I mean if Ainge can dump Bass' contract, Wallace's contract won't be that bad anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there I can agree.  Depends upon how fast the Celts rebuild.  Wallace can be an overpaid bench resource on an on the up team made up of younger players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These last two comments are jokes, right?

Raider, AB IS AVERAGING 14ppg

Scrubber, AB IS ONLY 23! 

Bradley will be resigned at 4years 26M, that is a fair compromise between 5 and 8 per year. He starts off at 5 and makes 8 in his last year

[/QUOTE]

I hope not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Avery Bradley is shooting 45%, 41% from beyond the arc, and 71% from the FT line.

That's not Ray Allen numbers, but that's good enough.

As long as AB continues to shoot like that, he'll be worth it because he will still improve as time goes by.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely thats good enough. .400 from deep is a good shooter. He is getting better and his percentages will increase also with Rondos return

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to argue....just my opinion but AB started out playing out of position this year at the point or he would have been averaging more. He is 22 years old and there is not a better "on the ball defender" in the League. Rondo gets hammered on the fact that he has never improved his jumper and AB has done so this year, especially after being played at the 2 where he belongs. I sure would not overpay for him but if Stevens settles on a style where we will run on O and press at times on D, I think he will fit right in. Again, just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

i understand...but even if AB was starting at PG it still didn't do anything about his shooting...his apg was the same he never passes for a PG.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Or AB becomes the incentive for some team to take Wallace's contract.

[/QUOTE]

That's really not a good idea.

I mean if Ainge can dump Bass' contract, Wallace's contract won't be that bad anymore.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. We need a guy like Bass who is versatile enough to defend 2-5. Sully, Kelly and Bass should be our 3 PFs, Vitor and a true big should be the other two

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree.

[/QUOTE]

If the Celts can find someone better then make AB a backup.

But we will not have a good enough SG if we trade AB for a pick or if we downgrade to a guy like Jeremy Lamb.

[/QUOTE]

I trust Ainge to do the right thing. But Bradley is too small, and he is trouble when he tries to dribble or pass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If AB is not traded, he will be tendered a contract that the Celtics will not match.  That is a more likely scenario to me.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree.

[/QUOTE]

If the Celts can find someone better then make AB a backup.

But we will not have a good enough SG if we trade AB for a pick or if we downgrade to a guy like Jeremy Lamb.

[/QUOTE]

Crawford is a better two guard than Bradley.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think if we make any trades next month, he will go.

My dream scenario would be a 3 guard rotation of Rondo, Hayward and Crawford.  Keep Brooks around, and draft a big and a scorer in this draft.

If we can somehow get rid of Wallace/Bass/Lee or any combo and resign Hump at a bargain.....we could be in decent shape:

Rondo/Pressey

Hayward/Crawford/Brooks

Green/I'll say Saric here......

Sully/Hump

Embiid/Oly/Fav

I'd cheer like a maniac for that team..........

[/QUOTE]

What would be a "bargain" for Hump .... $9MM ???

[/QUOTE]

No, I'd say   6.....he's a UFA.  Offer him 6 and say go get something better.  Quality players like that won't come cheap, and he's still young enough.  1 yr at 6.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think if we make any trades next month, he will go.

My dream scenario would be a 3 guard rotation of Rondo, Hayward and Crawford.  Keep Brooks around, and draft a big and a scorer in this draft.

If we can somehow get rid of Wallace/Bass/Lee or any combo and resign Hump at a bargain.....we could be in decent shape:

Rondo/Pressey

Hayward/Crawford/Brooks

Green/I'll say Saric here......

Sully/Hump

Embiid/Oly/Fav

I'd cheer like a maniac for that team..........

[/QUOTE]

Good god what has the world come to that Jordan Crawford is now part of people's DREAM ROTATION!!!

[/QUOTE]

Crawford would be a good THIRD guard on this team...AND we don't have Hayward.  My "dream" (good God, you're too literal) is to acquire Hayward.....trade or let Bradley walk and keep Crawford OR Brooks as a scorer off the bench............how's that??