Despite Emergence, Boston Celtics Should Pass on Avery Bradley in Offseason!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: Despite Emergence, Boston Celtics Should Pass on Avery Bradley in Offseason!

In response to melwittss' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pressy is just too small...love the way he can run the team and especially the way he can dish in the paint and create shots for guys, but he's an absolute liability on D

[/QUOTE]

True Sir and I am sure that he would be Posted Up in a Playoff setting. His size is already an issue and when you toss in he cannot shoot, well that is two strikes against him. 

[/QUOTE]

He used to shoot during the summer leagus...but those were all outside shots for the most part...even outside shots are contested in the NBA...surprising because his dad was a great NBA player and now an NBA coach...you think he would know that, I mean, he would have worked really hard on being covered by much bigger guys and having to get his shot off against that kind of D...but he's got tons of heart...you need that on a team...if Green had that kid's desire, he'd be an All NBA player instead of an inconsistent slouch

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am really disappointed in Jeff Green. He has all the tools to be a "way above" average player but just not seem to "want it" bad enough. Maybe he will be a real good 3rd option when the C's finally fill in the holes but his salary says they were thinking he would be much more than a 3rd or 4th option. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: Despite Emergence, Boston Celtics Should Pass on Avery Bradley in Offseason!

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pressy is just too small...love the way he can run the team and especially the way he can dish in the paint and create shots for guys, but he's an absolute liability on D

[/QUOTE]

True Sir and I am sure that he would be Posted Up in a Playoff setting. His size is already an issue and when you toss in he cannot shoot, well that is two strikes against him. 

[/QUOTE]

He used to shoot during the summer leagus...but those were all outside shots for the most part...even outside shots are contested in the NBA...surprising because his dad was a great NBA player and now an NBA coach...you think he would know that, I mean, he would have worked really hard on being covered by much bigger guys and having to get his shot off against that kind of D...but he's got tons of heart...you need that on a team...if Green had that kid's desire, he'd be an All NBA player instead of an inconsistent slouch

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am really disappointed in Jeff Green. He has all the tools to be a "way above" average player but just not seem to "want it" bad enough. Maybe he will be a real good 3rd option when the C's finally fill in the holes but his salary says they were thinking he would be much more than a 3rd or 4th option. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm also not a Green guy at all, as you can tell...I think he should go...you can't rely on someone who doesn't give you a consistent level of excellence...as a "3rd" or "4th" option you're still talking about someone you are relying on for all around hard effort for 48 mins. if necessary...when has he done that for even 2 games in a row?...I've NEVER seen it, except for the playoffs last year against a far superior team...it went for naught...he hasn't done it since...without it, they will go nowhere...trade him and let him achieve greatness for someone else, because I don't think he can do it.

[/QUOTE]

I am wondering what type player he would be "if" we had an enforcer type guy? He seems soft and in my opinion, those types of guys need a little backup before they let it swing {if you know what I mean}. For sure, I do think we will ever see this Celtic team in a scrap and that alone says we need someone like a KG. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think AB is worth 4 years 26M

I think Danny would increment it, something like 

Year1: 5M

Year2: 6M

Year3: 7M

Year4: 8M

I think AB's camp would take that

[/QUOTE]

= 6.5 - mil per season - AB will likely get more than that from another team. I rather trade him for a 2014 draft pick and an expiring deal, and hope to land a taller 2-guard! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

If he can be had for 5-6 million /yr, do it, he plays great D when he wants to and has decent O skills that he seems to be developing on a steady basis, but he's still too much of a streaky shooter for me... paired with a REAL PG who can also shoot would allow him to work his D on the other teams best 1 or 2...

Just cannot get it out of my mind {scary, I know} when he spanked D-Wade and left the SPALDING logo on his forhead. 

[/QUOTE]

AB has not been healthy one full season - ability to stay healthy is a concern! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If he can be had for 5-6 million /yr, do it, he plays great D when he wants to and has decent O skills that he seems to be developing on a steady basis, but he's still too much of a streaky shooter for me... paired with a REAL PG who can also shoot would allow him to work his D on the other teams best 1 or 2...

[/QUOTE]

Just cannot get it out of my mind {scary, I know} when he spanked D-Wade and left the SPALDING logo on his forhead. 

[/QUOTE]

AB has been healthy one full season - ability to stay healthy is a concern! 

[/QUOTE]

Really just the shoulder problems that have been repaired. I have not seen this to be an issue lately and do not remember any type of leg injuries but I could be wrong?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really just the shoulder problems that have been repaired. I have not seen this to be an issue lately and do not remember any type of leg injuries but I could be wrong?

[/QUOTE]

Ankle problem before and during his first season

Avery Bradley is still nursing a sprained ankle and will miss NBA Summer League in Orlando, but he will be healthy by August.

Danny Ainge says rookie Avery Bradley will need arthroscopic surgery on his ankle but will be ready for training camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Avery Bradley is still nursing a sprained ankle and will miss NBA Summer League in Orlando, but he will be healthy by August.

Danny Ainge says rookie Avery Bradley will need arthroscopic surgery on his ankle but will be ready for training camp.

[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. Still not sure he can be labeled Injury prone though. The shoulder issues were a scare but I can see where he has had somewhat of a history developing. He is however still 22 years old I do not see that the ankle issue has deteriorated his speed or agility from his Rookie season and now that the shoulder issues have been solved {same as Perk} in my tiny little mind, he is a keeper at a fair price. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. Still not sure he can be labeled Injury prone though. The shoulder issues were a scare but I can see where he has had somewhat of a history developing. He is however still 22 years old I do not see that the ankle issue has deteriorated his speed or agility from his Rookie season and now that the shoulder issues have been solved {same as Perk} in my tiny little mind, he is a keeper at a fair price. 

[/QUOTE]

We agree - it appears the Cs are in the 6-mil range! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think AB is worth 4 years 26M

I think Danny would increment it, something like 

Year1: 5M

Year2: 6M

Year3: 7M

Year4: 8M

I think AB's camp would take that

[/QUOTE]

maybe 5.2,6.2'7.2,8,2

starts even with Lee and is worth this! Long term and likes it here (don't blame him)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think AB will get 7.5m per year.

Unless AB plays poorly the rest of the way, there's no way AB will not get 7.5m per year at the rate he's going this season.

AB's shooting has improved since last season.

And he's always been a great on the ball defender.

Celts already got rid of Courtney Lee, that means the Celts have more cap room next season.

[/QUOTE]

Dont be surprised if DA attempts to keep Bayless! Apparently the Cs tried to trade for JB before. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bradley hasn't emerged, he is the same player he was last year with more minutes.  

He has been playing max minutes to increase him trade value, the Celtics have zero interest in overpaying for a backup point guard.  He'll be packaged and moved.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I agree.  Why pay 7 or 8 millions multi year for Bradley when they would not even want to keep Lee for 5+ millions and only 2 more years?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

If Ainge is getting a lottery pick then he will package Bradley. 

Only way Ainge lets go of AB or RR is if Celts get back a lottery pick in return.

[/QUOTE]

He won't get much of one, unless some sucker over values and over pays... but if we can package another inflated contract it makes sense to me.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Let someone else overpay for Bradley.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

AB is scoring because he is a volume shooter.  He is a shot happy SG who plays a very selfish style of basketball.  He does not make his teammate better.  It is crazy to pay so much for such player no matter how old he is.  A very irratic player that no one knows what one will get from game to game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bradley hasn't emerged, he is the same player he was last year with more minutes.  

He has been playing max minutes to increase him trade value, the Celtics have zero interest in overpaying for a backup point guard.  He'll be packaged and moved.

[/QUOTE]

If Ainge is getting a lottery pick then he will package Bradley.

Only way Ainge lets go of AB or RR is if Celts get back a lottery pick in return.

[/QUOTE]

Or AB becomes the incentive for some team to take Wallace's contract.

Sections
Shortcuts