detroit interested in rondo if available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

detroit interested in rondo if available

Pistons Interested In Rondo If He Becomes Available

The Detroit Pistons are expected to pursue Rajon Rondo if the Boston Celtics make him available.

Danny Ainge has said that calls have only been incoming about the availability of Rondo and that he is not looking to trade him.

Rondo is currently recovering from a torn ACL.

Via Vincent Goodwill/Detroit News

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: detroit interested in rondo if available

if the C's could get Detroit to part with Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond and a pick this may be a good deal for Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

if the C's could get Detroit to part with Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond and a pick this may be a good deal for Boston.

Detroit covets Josh Smith ... Smith must be telling them if they get Rondo it's a done deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I want Rondo to remain a Celtic.

Having said that, Greg Monroe and an unprotected 2014 pick would be a pretty solid deal, depending on when it is executed. Detroit was able to win 29 games last season and got a 9th overall pick in this draft. Even with Rondo, I don't see them getting more than 40 wins. If they sign Smith and trade for Rondo, I'd expect that team to get in the 6-8th seed range with 40-45 wins. In this case, I'd want more for Rondo. I'd ask for Monroe and two picks (2014 unprotected and 2016 top10 protected). That would be fair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

This is exactly what I suggested yesterday in my Trade with the Pistons thread.  

I think the pistons would have a lot to offer us in the way of young promising talent.  If you can somehow get two of either Monroe, Drummond, Caldwell Pope, Knight, or Mitchell its a good deal!

My trade suggestion was Rondo, and Lee, for Monroe, Mitchell, and Stuckey (expiring).  Numbers work.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Looks like you already have one.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is exactly what I suggested yesterday in my Trade with the Pistons thread.  

I think the pistons would have a lot to offer us in the way of young promising talent.  If you can somehow get two of either Monroe, Drummond, Caldwell Pope, Knight, or Mitchell its a good deal!

My trade suggestion was Rondo, and Lee, for Monroe, Mitchell, and Stuckey (expiring).  Numbers work.

I'd take a ripped poster of Rick Mahorn for Rondon't at this point

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Danny will require much more. Thank god. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

who's Mitchell?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

with lots of young talent inluding 2 promising big men under 24 years old, i think Detroit represents Boston's best trading partner should DA decide to move Rondo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge should sit tight with Rondo, hire a coach and let the coach sit Rondo down and see how things go.

If the coach feels some type of way about Rondo, then Ainge can move him.

If the coach feels Rondo would be a good leader, keep him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Ainge should sit tight with Rondo, hire a coach and let the coach sit Rondo down and see how things go.

Absolutely. I think that the whole Celtic organization, just like us, are too close to Rondo to objectively grade him like this. Danny will hire someone who's judgement he trusts, someone new for Rondo so he can start a new pg-coach relationship. Give it a few months and see how its working out. Exactly what BLB said, if he's a leader keep him, if tensions are growing or issues are mounting then trade him. All the tension & issue will be kept internally, and there is no doubt Rondo's value will increase after teams see him play on the knee.

I like Rondo as our future PG, but if he's standing in his own way, then I'd take that Pistons deal early 2014. Maybe they are on the brink of getting back to the playoffs and Rondo can be that final piece. If they offer two picks, an expiring contract and one prospect ... DEAL.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Monroe or Drummond are NOT happening for Rondo, people need to stop saying this. Who wants to pay a 27 year old off ACL surgery 25 million over the next two years instead of the 20-21 year old Drummond 8m over the next 3 and the 23 year old Monroe 4 million for 1 year and then Detroit has the right to match any offers they get as restricted free agents while Rondo becomes an unrestricted free agent at 29 wanting the max??

Really people?

The deal I mentioned the last 2 days was Rondo, Wallace, Crawford and Lee for Stuckey and Villanueva's expiring contracts (17 million), the Piston's choice of Caldwell-Pope or Knight, Jerebko and a top 3 protected 2014 1st rd pick.

Saves the Celtics a TON of cash (people are on the record as saying that is a must for Danny if he moves Rondo) and gets them two very solid young assets for him. KCP and Knight are lotto picks in the 7-8 range, that is where Noel fell. The Pelicans pick next year should be 6-10, the Pistons 14-18... so its a worse talent swap than NO paid for Holiday but the contract swaps make up for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

[QUOTE]

Absolutely. I think that the whole Celtic organization, just like us, are too close to Rondo to objectively grade him like this. Danny will hire someone who's judgement he trusts, someone new for Rondo so he can start a new pg-coach relationship. Give it a few months and see how its working out. Exactly what BLB said, if he's a leader keep him, if tensions are growing or issues are mounting then trade him. All the tension & issue will be kept internally, and there is no doubt Rondo's value will increase after teams see him play on the knee.

I like Rondo as our future PG, but if he's standing in his own way, then I'd take that Pistons deal early 2014. Maybe they are on the brink of getting back to the playoffs and Rondo can be that final piece. If they offer two picks, an expiring contract and one prospect ... DEAL.

[/QUOTE]

The same deal may not be availabe...teams want players to start the season so they can play together....of course Rondo probably won't be ready..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Please!  Rhonda for Larkin and expiring and/or cash.  To be honest, I don't think DA knows how to build a championship team.  He certainly will not get a "big ticket" type laid on his lap again. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

rondo and wallace for larkin and 1st rd picks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

if Philly can get a #6 overall pick and a 2014 #1 for jrue holiday, then DA can dam sure demand more than 5-11 shane larkin and a late 1st rounder for Rondo. Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond + #1 pick sounds right to me. OR DA can just wait and trade Rondo before the 2014 draft to a PG needy team in the lottery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

If Rondo was traded for Greg Monroe and a #1 pick in 2014...I can't tell you how ecstatic I would be. Even without the pick, I would still want DA to do it. Greg Monroe is a premium young talent in the NBA. I hope Josh Smith is putting pressure on the Pistons by saying "if you get Rondo, I'll come to Detroit". Leverage goes to the Celtics in that scenario.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Danny will hire someone who's judgement he trusts, someone new for Rondo so he can start a new pg-coach relationship. 

The point is, Ainge only trusts himself.  Proof: Doc wasn't consulted on the Perkins trade.  Doc lobbied for keeping PP and KG and taking another shot at winning - Ainge had his mind made up before he even brought it to Doc's attention.  Ainge frittered away TA and RA by not showing interest - two players Doc would have liked to keep, even re-signing Eddie House for relatively short $. Bringing in over-the-hill and oft injured JO'N and Shaq were probably not Doc's idea of ideal bigs.  

Ainge isn't going to hire someone and just hand over the reins - only the day-to-day coaching and no player decisions.  It's Ainge's call on Rondo, and when DA says the calls are all incoming, you can bet that he's listening closely; he just doesn't feel the need to initiate a discussion because other teams are already doing that.  

I'm not saying that Doc would have made better calls, only that Ainge wants to control everything - if he had a time capsule, he's go back and trade Bird and McHale (but not himself) just for spite.  Not having that option, he traded PP to show the world who's the "boss" in Boston.  It was a case of wanting to exercise the Ainge Option - as paying Pierce's full salary in 2013-14 clearly indicates.  It was a sheer and petty show of power.  Only paranoid weaklings and self-loathers feel the need to exhibit that kind of behavior. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

that last paragraph is quite the grand statement there, painter. take a bow. my sense is that over the past 10 days ainge has authored one of the better celtic stretches i can remember.

bp

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Look, if you think that Detroit would include either Monroe or Drummand in a trade for Rondo, you're basketball illiterate.

Rondo - Bass - Crawford - 2nd round pick in 2014 for

2014 first round pick (unprotected) - Knight (PG) - Kravtsov (C) - Jerebko (SF) - Villanueva (PF)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Detroit has cap space.  Detroit may be able to absorb both Rondo and Wallace.  It would be nice to lose Wallace's contract.  I would try Rondo and Wallace for their 2013 first round pick - Pope - and their 2014 first round pick.  We have to be careful because with Wallace and Rondo their first round pick in 2014 may not end up being all that bad - late lottery or mid teens.