Devin Harris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Devin Harris

If we can thin out our glut of guards he'd be a good guy to use the MLE on.

He's only just turned 30. Can run the point until Rondo returns 100%. At 6'4" he can guard SG's and let Avery hound PG's, good guy to pair with him.

Keep Crawford b/c he is so cheap. MAYBE keep Terry for veteran leadership/playoffs, but don't play him big minutes AT ALL in the regular season. Dump Williams after his gun incident. Trade Lee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Devin Harris

I have a nice Lee/Bass trade........but everyone will hate it:

Bass and Lee to the Raps for Bargnani

A swap of bad contracts; they need players; since they have NO picks, they would be better with this trade:

Lowry, Lee, Gay, Fields and Jonas

DeRozan, Ross, Bass, Gray and Johnson.........much better team than last year.

Bargnani gets to start over with a good coach, and maybe KG as a mentor.  He could play stretch 4, and it's only two more years and 23 mill.....vs Bass and Lee ( Bass 2 and 14, Lee 3 and 15)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

red russ,

maybe on barngaini.

he was a 1 pick...the rapts may want more or another player bad deal thrown in

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

A swap of bad contracts; they need players; since they have NO picks, they would be better with this trade:

Bargnani gets to start over with a good coach, and maybe KG as a mentor.  He could play stretch 4, and it's only two more years and 23 mill.....vs Bass and Lee ( Bass 2 and 14, Lee 3 and 15)

:)

NOW THERE'S A SOLUTION FOR OUR REBOUNDING WOES!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In all seriousness, I think Bass might have as much value as Bargnani out there. I agree that Bass and Lee make the Raptors better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

NOW THERE'S A SOLUTION FOR OUR REBOUNDING WOES!!!

No, not a solution - their numbers are the same.  We would make this trade to give this kid a fresh start, he has been an underacheiver.  Bass will never be better than he is right now, but Bargnani could be!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

It's a good idea Bass+Lee <-> Bargnani (AB). But who's going to play defence at 4 when AB on the floor?

With all due respect to AB's offensive capabilities, I think BB's much better on D-end.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

It's a good idea Bass+Lee <-> Bargnani (AB). But who's going to play defence at 4 when AB on the floor?

With all due respect to AB's offensive capabilities, I think BB's much better on D-end.

AK

And that has been the knock on him, and it's a fair one, but his career average is 15 PPG in 30 mins...........could he not be a good bench player?  See, I'm thinking Sully is our starter at the 4..........Bargnani is the backup 4 and 5.  I can't see playing Sully and Bass at the same time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

These Euros get schooled on D...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I like it. We need offense, scoring 75 points per game won't get it!!  Plus he is still young enough for our rebuilding process.  Good trade idea, i think it could help both teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm fine with that trade Red.

Avery and Rondo deserve at least 64 mins at guard. That leaves 32 mins for Terry, Lee and Crawford to be fighting for. With Avery already here as the defender you'd keep the cheaper better scoring Crawford over Lee. Craw and Terry can each play 12 mins at guard with Pierce getting 8 and the team would be fine. I'd still look for a backup PG upgrade like Devin Harris.

Meanwhile, Bass grabbed 6.8 total reb's per 36 mins last year (2.1 offensive), Sully averaged 10.7 reb's per 36 mins and snared 3.7 on the offensive end. Give Sully 28 mins a game next year and he'dd be the beast on the boards the team needs.

Bargnani in 12 mins at PF and 12 mins at C will hopefully get back to his 2009-2011 form, where he was shooting 46/36/80 and averaging 19 points, 5-6 boards and a block a game. We'd play him only 22-26 mins or so and expect like 70% of that production. So 12-13 points and 3-4 boards from a guy who can play the 5 (Bass can't) and is a year younger than Bass is a good deal.

C's can draft Dieng to play 8-12 mins at C and be mentored by KG or if someone like Muhammad slips to them use the MLE on a rim protecting space eating big man like Dalembert or Mozgov who can take the pressure off KG and let him only play 22-26 mins a night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TRADE TO ME ! 

I'D DO THAT IN A SECOND , BARGNANI IS WAY UNDERATED FROM PLAYING IN TORONTO , THE GUY CAN DO EVERYTHING, HE's A BORDERLINE ALL STAR RIGHT NOW, GREAT SHOOTER, GREAT PASSER, SMART, BETTER REBOUNDER THAN ANYONE ON THE CELTICS NOT NAMED SULLINGER, GOOD ENOUGH DEFENDER

YOU NEVER KNOW....TORONTO HAS A NEW GM COMING IN, THEY MAY WANT TO CLEAR OUT AND START OVER AGAIN, BASS AND LEE WOULD NOT BE MISSED.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i'd do that trade anytime...i like bargnani.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about:

Pierce and KG to the Clippers

DeAndre Jordan and Josh Smith (signed and traded at 4/54) to the Celtics.

Eric Bledsoe, Willie Green and Caron Butler to the Hawks (they get something, a solid young PG, for the exiting Smith)

then

Lee, Bass, Melo and a future 1st rd pick (top 5 protected) to the Hornets

Eric Gordon to the Celtics

Pick #16 is Plumlee or Olynyk... an offensive ready big who can hit Ft's when Jordan sits

Rotation:

C - Jordan, Plumlee/Olynyk

PF - Smith, Sullinger

SF - Green, (Smith)

SG - Gordon, Bradley, Crawford

PG - Rondo, Terry (Bradley)

The team would still have the MLE to use, either on a backup SF (Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger, Sam Young) or a big (if we go elsehwere the in the draft, like if Muhammad drops to us) or a true PG (Devin Harris, Beno Udrih, Calderon, A,J. Price) if they can get rid of Crawford and Terry.

One of Crawford and Terry should be on the trading block

If Gordon is healthy and a 20ppg scorer this team could make SERIOUS noise as long as Rondo is the best he can be and Doc coaches them correctly.

PF

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts