DH back on the table?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: DH back on the table?

Replacing Gasol and Bynum essentially with Harrington and Howard would be the end of the Lakers.

Gasol is arguably the most skilled big man in the NBA who can shoot, pass, rebound and defend.  And the Lakers will replace him with Harrington, a 32 year old 6'9' forward who ONLY shoots 3-pointers?  I don't understand that one and he's on the books for the next 3 seasons.

And then you replace a dominating and still coming into his own center like Bynum with Howard who is the best center in the league WITH MAJOR FLAWS and a bad back.  Howard's major flaws (no offensive skill other than the dunk,  cannot be on the court deep in 4th quarter) make Bynum (again, still developing) as good as Howard with more upside.

I think the Lakers will regret this deal simply because there is just no comparison in the skillsets of Gasol and Harrington.  Bynum is dominant enough that Howard is not going to come in and be any more dominant.  But Harrington will never be confused or even mentioned in the same breath as Gasol and that is where the Lakers will falter.

The Lakers are a more dangerous, cohesive unit with Gasol and Bynum than they would ever be with Harrington and Howard.  I'm presuming Harrington would play the PF spot.

If the Lakers make that deal, they would be killing their future.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I hope DH goes some where soon. I agree this deal would not be good for the Lakers. How do you think AB feels hearing his name every time this comes up. I would be worried about AB going to Philly in this deal then DH going to L.A.. Philly would be a tough out with AB in a 76ers uniform.

Orlando please end this sooner the better!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: DH back on the table?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : Sounds like they are walking it back..slowly but surely...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    HA HA HA What a tool!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

Boston fans forget that we had a center who also couldn't shoot free throws. How'd that work out?! Oh yeah, 3-peat lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]Replacing Gasol and Bynum essentially with Harrington and Howard would be the end of the Lakers. Gasol is arguably the most skilled big man in the NBA who can shoot, pass, rebound and defend.  And the Lakers will replace him with Harrington, a 32 year old 6'9' forward who ONLY shoots 3-pointers?  I don't understand that one and he's on the books for the next 3 seasons. And then you replace a dominating and still coming into his own center like Bynum with Howard who is the best center in the league WITH MAJOR FLAWS and a bad back.  Howard's major flaws (no offensive skill other than the dunk,  cannot be on the court deep in 4th quarter) make Bynum (again, still developing) as good as Howard with more upside. I think the Lakers will regret this deal simply because there is just no comparison in the skillsets of Gasol and Harrington.  Bynum is dominant enough that Howard is not going to come in and be any more dominant.  But Harrington will never be confused or even mentioned in the same breath as Gasol and that is where the Lakers will falter. The Lakers are a more dangerous, cohesive unit with Gasol and Bynum than they would ever be with Harrington and Howard.  I'm presuming Harrington would play the PF spot. If the Lakers make that deal, they would be killing their future.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to hear that Petey62. #17 in sight! Enjoy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : Sorry to hear that Petey62. #17 in sight! Enjoy!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

+2

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts