DH back on the table?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

DH back on the table?

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/29/12/Sources-Howard-could-be-traded-soon/landing_cavaliers.html?blockID=768157&feedID=3561

A nightmare scenario for Boston if he landed in LA. I don't mind if he stays or goes but please, make a decision!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: DH back on the table?

I could care less.  Make up your mind -- who do want as center?  DH or AB?   Different skill sets, but they're both good centers, and neither makes me lose sleep. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

agree.....different skill sets but both are quality centers......the thing is, the NBA is no longer a "center driven" league....going back to the Bulls with Bill Cartwright and Luc Longly....the Mavs last year and this year's Heat team....the days of the dominant center leading his team to championships (think Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Cowens, Olajowan, and Shaq) are gone...KG gave us top quality play and he isn't a post up player down low...DH has made it to one Finals appearance and that is only because KG was lost for the playoffs....the Celtics were the dominant team in the league when he went down.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: DH back on the table?:
    [QUOTE]I could care less.  Make up your mind -- who do want as center?  DH or AB?   Different skill sets, but they're both good centers, and neither makes me lose sleep. :-)
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Agree that they are both good centers and I wouldn't consider DH much better than Bynum.  Still don't think that Orlando will trade Howard unless they get the deal that they want.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : Agree that they are both good centers and I wouldn't consider DH much better than Bynum.  Still don't think that Orlando will trade Howard unless they get the deal that they want.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan, 

Sooner or later they'll haveto trade Howard for something or lose him to free agency. It's not a matter of getting the deal they want if they continue to wait this out. He becomes a free agent in July and after Orlando gets a bag of Jelly Beans. 

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Howard isn't much better then Bynum.

The Lakers are the only team in the NBA that getting Howard wouldn't change much.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]agree.....different skill sets but both are quality centers......the thing is, the NBA is no longer a "center driven" league....going back to the Bulls with Bill Cartwright and Luc Longly....the Mavs last year and this year's Heat team....the days of the dominant center leading his team to championships (think Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Cowens, Olajowan, and Shaq) are gone...KG gave us top quality play and he isn't a post up player down low...DH has made it to one Finals appearance and that is only because KG was lost for the playoffs....the Celtics were the dominant team in the league when he went down.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke,
    I think the reason for this is there aren't any centers any more.  Howard is one of the few that could be a difference maker because of his defense and rebounding. He can block that weak stuff around the rim. You put Dwight on the team we have now and no one in the NBA could compete with us.  Too bad Dwight doesn't care about Championships.   Bynum I don't think is going to lead a team.  He isn't great on defense. His head is not screwed on right.  He can be a piece if used right, and a big piece.  Of course Kome isn't going to let him be that big piece.  There is a reason he is called KOMEEEE.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : It's not an upgrade for the Lakers. With Bynum, you can't intentionally foul him because he's a decent FT shooter. If the Lakers get Howard then you just foul Howard if he gets the ball in crunch time.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

its not only about the free throws, altho that is a factor. I think Bynum is more skilled overall offensively. i  also dont fear Howard as much as i do Bynum. Bynum is essentially unguardable bc of his strength and size. we have seen guys like Big Baby Davis and (ahem) Jason Collins guard Dwight without much of an issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : its not only about the free throws, altho that is a factor. I think Bynum is more skilled overall offensively. i  also dont fear Howard as much as i do Bynum. Bynum is essentially unguardable bc of his strength and size. we have seen guys like Big Baby Davis and (ahem) Jason Collins guard Dwight without much of an issue.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

That is because Dwights value is rebounding and defense. Bynums game is a lot better offensively than Dwights.  He doesn't have double teams real well.  Of course thats because someone else is always firing up contested 3's.  Add Dwight to our team and we win the ring hands down. IMO.  Bynum I am not as sure. As bad as I hate it, Nash will improve the Lakers a lot. That is of course if Kome can be second banana to team ball.  Nash will get a lot of easy shots for the Laker bigs, which means Kobe won't be touching the ball as much. Can he be a productiive player only getting 20 shots a game?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

hmmmm......methinks we have another wolf in sheep's clothing onboard.......there sure are a lot of them.....always saying only good things about the Lakers on a Celtic board......not fooled....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : If you are going to call Kobe KOMEEEE you should add a 5th E since he has 5 rings.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

+2

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : If you are going to call Kobe KOMEEEE you should add a 5th E since he has 5 rings.

To show respect to you Lakers fans I will do as you ask.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : I don't like Kobe but I respect his game and accomplishments. It is dumb to call him KOMEEEEE.

It is also dumb to come to a Celtic site and pretend to be a Celtic fan when everyone here knows your true colors.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : +2
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]

Well at least your not insulting our intelligence by masquerading as a Celtic fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I hope Ainge makes a play for Howard. He, the only Super Star, on the Magic made them always competitive.  He just wasn't enough and they fouled him, as teams do to LeBron, but he couldn't make the foul shots that LeBron does. The only way we defended well against Howard and Bynum was when we had Perkins !!!

We always need the pressure of shooting 45-50% to win most games we lose rebound battle by 10 or more & the other team can shoot 35-45% & still beat us with the extra chances.

Dwight Howard, headcase or not, is the best big man in the game and the only one, I think, who can compete with the best big man duo in the game, Bynum & Gasol, who always seem to play well against us & give them 10+ rebounds aka extra chances. Fortunately, we only play the hated Lakers twice in reg season. Howard is no more of a headcase than Bynum. I think KG could control him & I would love to have a big man under the basket for rebounds & one who can muscle in the rebound. We haven't dominated in the post since Bird, Parish & McHale days.

Yup, whom to give up. Maybe Pietrus, Bass, even Rondo or first offer them AB, now that we have Terry, and also maybe Christmas and a 1st & 2nd rounder. Although I'd throw in PP because of his salary & age, I think he should retire a Celtic. I would say we'd be favored to win the title for next couple of years.

Many feel it's a wash if he went to the Lakers but the Lakers will be very competitive this year with the addition of Nash, old or not !!! Then again, other than 2 reg season games we wouldn't need face them until the finals...may as well be optimistic !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Why don't the Clippers make a play for Howard? DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe, and two future first round picks to Orlando for Howard should get it done. The Clippers would become a legitimate title threat and the Magic could rebuild around Jordan (a 6'11 bruiser who averaged 7.4ppg/8.4rpg). For a one year rental, that's a decent haul for the Magic. I'm assuming the Clippers would still make this deal even if Howard did not agree to an extension in advance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DH back on the table? : He's not even remotely transparent!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Yeah worst troll this site has seen in a while.  He has no game at all.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

What? What?

Dwight Howard trade talks open back up? 

Hmmmm... the day after they hire a head coach?

If I lived back in biblical days, I would be revered as a prophet. Cool

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts