DH: There's A Chance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Re: DH: There's A Chance

Too often, I believe, players' abilities to help teams are limited to our analysis of their individual skills. It is worth repeating that talent does not equal chemistry. I believe DH is somewhat overrated. To the individual who stated that DH failed the other night against the C's because of his teammates, I fail to understand how they caused him to miss most, if not all, of his second half shots. I think he is an underachiever -- not sure if he is hungry enough yet. We also have to remember that even if he is the best center in the game, who says we need the best center? I personally would rather have someone who is a very solid center that still allows us enough cap room to get another superstar. If DH came to the Celts we might win a championship. But it would be because he is very good and the rest of the team is extremely talented, which could also occur with many other centers/ and-or combinations of FAs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If the Celtics want Howard, it is more likely that Garnett goes over there along with the Celtics two first round picks!!

I ll take him easily!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: DH: There's A Chance:
    If the Celtics want Howard, it is more likely that Garnett goes over there along with the Celtics two first round picks!! I ll take him easily!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

Garnett and two 1st round picks for DH???????

You on drugs?!

Ugh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to DH: There's A Chance:
    “Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1398798&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fceltics+%28Boston+Celtics+-+Celtics+%26+NBA+-+BostonHerald.com%29 So much for DH coming to Boston just a "pie in the sky". DH didn't say he would come to Boston. But at least there's a chance.
    Posted by Fiercest34

So, Pierce and JO for DH ? Ha ha...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Sign Josh Smith first and then get him to work on getting Howard to Boston since they are childhood friends and have wanted to play together. Rondo played with Smith at Oak Hill.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I like this idea.  Those two up front would be something good.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Basketbert, I think you're wrong on this. DH is one of the very best defensive players (if not THE BEST) in the NBA regardless of position.  The very best.  That is definitely a BB skill.  He's also one of the best rebounders in the game (another BB skill).  His defensive and rebounding BB skills are elite and almost unmatched. Offensively, he is a bit challenged but he is still a capable offensive threat.  He's averaging 19.7 points and 15.6 rebounds per game-all without a refined, polished offensive arsenal.  You can't do that with below-par BB skills. So to suggest he has below-par BB skills is plain incorrect.  He has the atleticism to be such a better offensive player but by no means would he be considered below-par. Also, "below-par BB skills" to what?  What (who) is your benchmark here?

Posted by Petey62

I agree with Basketbert on some things. I would prefer DH over Gasol though. But, he is right, his skills are very very limited, HOWEVER, thats the beauty of an organization like the C's. Look how they developed Perkins. I think that DH could do much better in a better organization but as of now, the guy can only rebound and dunk.. I mean, he is 1. Young, 2. Patrick Ewing probably is not the best mentor..and 3. His whole attitude right now is a bit off.. Instead of focusing on asking for a trade, the guy should be thinking what can he do to improve his all around game..I bet you he has not thought about that....Its all ME ME ME.. so.. bring him over, I wouldnt mind him as a C..it would instantly change his game and attitude..only in Boston..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Anybody else think DH has got a little Wilt in him. Thank god.

If he had 'tude like Russell or MJ... I don't even want to think about it.

He seems to be very pleased with himself and might not be what we're looking for.

But, we all see the ability.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Anybody else think DH has got a little Wilt in him. Thank god. If he had 'tude like Russell or MJ... I don't even want to think about it. He seems to be very pleased with himself and might not be what we're looking for. But, we all see the ability.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

perk is better?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Anybody else think DH has got a little Wilt in him. Thank god. If he had 'tude like Russell or MJ... I don't even want to think about it. He seems to be very pleased with himself and might not be what we're looking for. But, we all see the ability.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

Yea, Wilt at 75 points less per game...

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts