DH: There's A Chance

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: DH: There's A Chance

Well, if you can't beat em, join em.  Hope I don't regret those words by tomorrow.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

See, and my  whole point is - why would he leave if "it's not about the money?"  (wasn't it Mo Vaughn who first said that?)  He has AS good a shot at winning a championship this year in ORL as he does on LAL or DAL....and a better shot than if he was on NJ!  He should stay where he is, it's good for the league, and good for him - they are winning now.  He can't be traded to MIA or CHI or OKC!!  But, sadly, he will leave, claim he was "disrespected" (NOT a word, btw) and then I will lose all respect for him!!

EVEN if he comes here!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wouldn't it be nice if the world were perfect:

Rondo
    Pietrus
    Howard
    Bass
    Jeff Green
    Pierce
    Allen
    Garnett
    Bradley
    Courtney Lee (from Houston)
    Stiemsma
    Moore
    JJJ
    (1st round draft pick)

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

dont blame orlandos supporting cast. DH is a good player but a very limited one too. I mean the guy cant have a jumpshot nor a simple hook. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DH: There's A Chance:
    In Response to Re: DH: There's A Chance : Can't blame DH if he wants to leave Orlando. They're going nowhere with a supporting cast like that.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes, I understand that - BUT..........in what situation (other than DAL) would it be better?  Not the same, not worse, but BETTER!!  I just don't see it better on LAL or NJ or BOS than he has it right now.  DAL, yes, and CHI or MIA or OKC, but he can't go to those places.

If DAL trades this year for DWILL, then I will change my tune a little.  But if the guy does a Mo Vaughn and leaves for NOT a better situation, then he's dead to me....LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Howard is overrated. I mean, look how he disappeared against the C's the other night. Not championship material imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He want's to do it his way. In other words if he doesn't get traded he will be playing with Dirk and Deron in Dallas next year...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He want's to do it his way. In other words if he doesn't get traded he will be playing with Dirk and Deron in Dallas next year...
    Posted by tompenny

I could see this happening.  I still believe with the right pieces Doc and Danny could try to convince Howard to sign with Boston.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's not about DH, it's about signing the best free-agent available. Some of the Celtic fans here think DH is overrated or not championship material. Maybe there's some truth to those claims, but who would you rather sign to be the starter at Center? Fesenko?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I personally prefer Fesenko over a 20 10+ rebound guy, the best defensive player in the league who hasn't even reached his peak. Big men have never helped win championships in NBA. It's a small mans game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Howard is overrated. I mean, look how he disappeared against the C's the other night. Not championship material imo.
    Posted by basketbert

While I agree he's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar on offense, he is the best defensive center since Bill Russell and he is a tremendous rebounder.  He disappeared in the game against us because his teammates couldn't hit a shot nor even get him the ball in good position.   No center can do it alone (and he knew the game was lost by 3Q).   His team goes nowhere in the playoffs because they have no true "get it done in crunchtime" players.   But, with a good point guard and offensive talent around him, he's a game changer/championship quality center, imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

DH is the best big man in the game.  Fact.  He is paying lip service to the Celtics because of his respect for Doc.  I doubt he will come here, but the whole theory of Doc staying last year had me thinking there was a plan in place.  If he comes here I am absolutely confident it would result in more championships.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: DH: There's A Chance : While I agree he's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar on offense, he is the best defensive center since Bill Russell and he is a tremendous rebounder.  He disappeared in the game against us because his teammates couldn't hit a shot nor even get him the ball in good position.   No center can do it alone (and he knew the game was lost by 3Q).   His team goes nowhere in the playoffs because they have no true "get it done in crunchtime" players.   But, with a good point guard and offensive talent around him, he's a game changer/championship quality center, imo.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

As always, great post Celtsfan.  This is the very reason why DH has to seriously consider Boston.  The players, the coach and the organization decry "championship" (see banners at TD Garden).  This is not something that is prevalent in Orlando.  There IS a "championship" mentality, a culture in Boston that you don't find in most NBA organizations.

There are not too many teams where DH can go that has the foundation (talent, young/old mix, cap space, draft picks, options) in place to achieve that.  Dallas, who won last year, has already changed their focus by letting guys like Butler, Chandler and Barea go, guys who were instrumental in winnig the title just last year.  So you have to question if Cuban is committed to repeating.

The struggles in LA with a new coach, no cap space and absolutely no depth should serve as notice that LA might not be a place that has the pieces to win a title.

The other LA team simply has no mentality or culture to win the ring.  They have alot of individual talent but it might all have to be sacraficed to get DH there and what would be the purpose of going then.

It's going to be an interesting next few months.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wha Wha What! You mean DH said he would sign with the C's. Um, let's send them Rondo, KG and a #1 today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

DH is the best big man in the game.  Fact.  He is paying lip service to the Celtics because of his respect for Doc.  I doubt he will come here, but the whole theory of Doc staying last year had me thinking there was a plan in place.  If he comes here I am absolutely confident it would result in more championships.
    Posted by concord27

Well for starters they wouldn't miss the playoffs until D12 contract was up or got injured. That always helps. You know how many wide open 3's Ray would get with D12 on the team?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sign Josh Smith first and then get him to work on getting Howard to Boston since they are childhood friends and have wanted to play together.

Rondo played with Smith at Oak Hill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Sign Josh Smith first and then get him to work on getting Howard to Boston since they are childhood friends and have wanted to play together. Rondo played with Smith at Oak Hill.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Smith has another year with ATL. He's actually alot better this year and not being a donkey shooting jump shots from 20 feet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It's not about DH, it's about signing the best free-agent available. Some of the Celtic fans here think DH is overrated or not championship material. Maybe there's some truth to those claims, but who would you rather sign to be the starter at Center? Fesenko?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Sure, I wouldn't object to DH in Green; it would be a no-brainer if we could get him. I'd prefer Gasol though..
    If people consider Rondo not fundamentally sound, I'd say Howard is in the same class. Absolute freak of an athlete with below-par BB skills.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Basketbert, I think you're wrong on this.

DH is one of the very best defensive players (if not THE BEST) in the NBA regardless of position.  The very best.  That is definitely a BB skill.  He's also one of the best rebounders in the game (another BB skill).  His defensive and rebounding BB skills are elite and almost unmatched.

Offensively, he is a bit challenged but he is still a capable offensive threat.  He's averaging 19.7 points and 15.6 rebounds per game-all without a refined, polished offensive arsenal.  You can't do that with below-par BB skills.

So to suggest he has below-par BB skills is plain incorrect.  He has the atleticism to be such a better offensive player but by no means would he be considered below-par.

Also, "below-par BB skills" to what?  What (who) is your benchmark here?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Lol yeah and now don't you feel so stupid for wanting to trade for Carmelo or Stoudamire.  They cleared cap space for a chance.

Sections
Shortcuts